Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] Red Ace - Complete GUI

Thanks for all the compliments, guys It really gives me motivation to work on this lots!

UPDATE: 31st December 2008, 02:00 - See 1st Post

Bigger update this time. I've changed the icon for the phone, and added the Recent and Contacts screens.

Synergy, as for a release date, this is my first skin, so I have no idea how long it will take to get everything done. The most tedious task will be getting all the right graphics into the right size and right place once the design is finished. I will make my own icons for the springboard as well, as I want the entire theme to be completely original. I estimate about two weeks until release (around mid-january), but that's not a promise

I have also decided to upload the screenshots as attachments in the first post, as showing them with image tags takes up a lot of space. Rest assured, I will always keep these screenshots up-to-date!

Also, my friend who is a professional sound designer has joined in to make a complete set of unique sounds for this theme. He has done sound design for video games, movies, and loads of other small projects, and I'm very excited to have him on board. This also means that, come release day, I will not appear as the author of the theme, but instead it will be under the name we come up with together. I will keep you posted as to the name we will chose, and the name my friend chooses once he joins the forums.

Proserpine
    Last edited by Proserpine; 12-31-2008 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Typo Correction

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Proserpine For This Useful Post:

Blacklock (12-31-2008)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Don't be TOO long! When you're ready, shoot it to me at Apple News | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, More - Submit Package for MMi Repos and I'll publish it to Cydia with wtvr details you'd like.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

jrmiller007 (01-04-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Great Job
    I really like what you are doing with this. I can't wait to see and use the finished product

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

It is looking real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Don't be TOO long! When you're ready, shoot it to me at Apple News | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, More - Submit Package for MMi Repos and I'll publish it to Cydia with wtvr details you'd like.
    Haha, I'll try not to be too long

Thank you for the tip, and I'm laughing because I just now noticed that you're the owner of the site. I thought you were a regular member!

I am honoured, sir! Wonderful community you've developed here

Next up: SBSettings & Voicemail

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Proserpine For This Useful Post:

Blacklock (12-31-2008)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Appreciated. Glad to have ya as a member.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is going to rock socks so hard that when I try to find matching socks in my sock drawer I'll be like "Holy Hell my socks where rocked so hard that I no longer have any matching pairs". So I'll be forced to live with odd socks and everyone who mentions that I am wearing such will just remind me of this theme, and how it rocked.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacklock For This Useful Post:

jrmiller007 (01-04-2009), Proserpine (12-31-2008)

Everyone, this is Blacklock, the sound designer I spoke to you about.

Very nice theme, i love the colors and everything.
    Good Work.
    Keep it up man.
    Happy New Years

UPDATE: 31st Dec. 2008 - See 1st Post

BIG update! As you can see, I've modified the area above to be all nice, and show more information. My friend Matthew Blacklock has teamed up with me, and he'll be doing the sound design for a completely new and fresh sound set to go with the theme. He is a professional, has a degree in sound design, and has done sound effects for movies, video games, websites, and all manner of impressive things. Needless to say, we're both pretty excited about the theme. The two of us are going to start a media design business, and we will release this skin under that name, when it comes time (right now we both like Red Ace Productions). You will also be able to expect more original themes to come, once this one is finished.

Right! So the voicemail screen is finished, which concludes the phone app. I've done some tweaking in each of these screens to align, adjust etc. to make it easier on myself when it comes time to separate all these graphics. I have also made a SBSettings skin, with the corner of the Red Ace card at the bottom, to fit with the Springboard alternate wallpaper.

Coming up: Calendar, Mail, and iPod. Stay tuned!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

wow this theme is looking awesome, and updates are flying in super fast. awesome work n i can't wait for a release. u know when pf is following it, your on to something good. keep it up
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

This is an amazing theme you're developing. I love the originality of the design, the color choices and, of course, the graphics. Can't wait for a release!

nice looking theme. cant wait 4 it

Thanks

This theme looks like it is going to be a top notch piece of work when it's completed. Keep up the great job, and thank you very much for your timely updates with screen shots.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

sweet can't wait for the release
    "R-R"

Thank you to everyone who has commented on the theme so far I took yesterday off, and I'll be working on the calendar, mail, and ipod screens today. Then, if I have time, I am going to begin the daunting task of getting that keyboard functional.

And Logan, you're welcome I know how folks like to be kept in the loop when they're waiting for something. Keeping the screenshots up to date is the least I can do!

Thanks

do you think you'll be including skins for notes, SMS, and a default album art for the music player? I figured with your apparent graphics art talent, you could make those shine like the rest of the theme.

Logan, I will be skinning those, and much much more. I will submit the first release once I've skinned every Apple app. Then I'll release more as I skin third party apps.

And thanks for the compliment

keep up the great work...

I'm not even a big fan of red and I love this. Great work. Can't wait.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast