+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RELEASE: Storm Keyboard

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
thanks man . i know i know sorry man .
    Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks man . i know i know sorry man .

Thanks

its fine. its just a reminder to everyone.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks again cricketlang that worked

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

I know you where anxious and couldnt wait, but why would you release such an incomplete keyboard? It kinda seems like you where just trying to get it out there B4 ebl4287 released his COMPLETE keyboard and theme.
    Last edited by kjack05; 12-18-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

I agree with the missing images specialy landscape but a least give you a taste how's going to feel when the complete theme is release!!! hope is soon! anyway good job look nice!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kjack05 View Post
    I know you where anxious and couldnt wait, but why would you release such an incomplete keyboard? It kinda seems like you where judt trying to get it out there B4 ebl4287 released his.
    Please.

It isn't a competition. Why get down on the guy for giving away something he created? Who cares who releases what and when. If you don't like it, don't use it but have the common courtesy to keep the negative comments to yourself.

Personally I think it looks great. And if ebl4287's looks better that'll be great and I'll use it too. The more the merrier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Please.

It isn't a competition. Why get down on the guy for giving away something he created? Who cares who releases what and when. If you don't like it, don't use it but have the common courtesy to keep the negative comments to yourself.

Personally I think it looks great. And if ebl4287's looks better that'll be great and I'll use it too. The more the merrier.
    Not trying to get down on him, just asking questions. Also most people like to get feedback on what they created. I was just giving mine. It could of been a nice keyboard, but it is so incomplete it should not have even been released yet. Thats why it appears to be a competition.

Thanks

That is a bit strange... So I just took a couple hours and finished it, plus I tweaked it so the key pop-ups work. End of problem!

Quote Originally Posted by kjack05 View Post
    why would you release such an incomplete keyboard?
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    That is a bit strange... So I just took a couple hours and finished it, plus I tweaked it so the key pop-ups work. End of problem!

Will u post it?

Thanks

Sure, if mrpunk2u chimes in and says its ok... since its based on his work, i'd prefer to have his permission to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Will u post it?
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

How about it mrpunk2u?

Thanks

Where's the d/l link?

Thanks

anyone discover the fix for iRealSMS?...right now the keyboard only shows up when using the quick reply and not within the actual app.

Thanks

Guys, iRealSMS is not themeable, its not a matter of fixing this keyboard theme, its a matter of the people at iReal tweaking their product! NO keyboard theme will work with iRealSMS.

Savvy devs will understand when I say that it will work if you extract and repack the 2 .artwork files containing the keyboard images. If you don't know what that means, or how to do it... you'll have to live with it until iReal makes their product themeable.

If someone tells you that this theme works with their core iRealSMS keyboards, they're LYING... PERIOD!
    The reason the quick-reply feature is themed is because it uses mobile substrate, the core app does not.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    anyone discover the fix for iRealSMS?...right now the keyboard only shows up when using the quick reply and not within the actual app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    From what I have read, it is an issue with the Irealsms program, it has nothing to do with the keyboards people make. Irealsms will haft to make a fix for it.
    Last edited by kjack05; 12-20-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

my keyboard will work with irealsms.....stay tuned!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ebl4287 For This Useful Post:

kjack05 (12-20-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    my keyboard will work with irealsms.....stay tuned!
    Firstly give mrpunk2u respect in his thread by not hijacking.

Secondly to all those complaining about his keyboard I simply ask why. Modifying iPhones and iPod Touches started as a hobby for a Dev Team that wanted a challenge and customized phones. These Devs passed on their findings to the end users. Certain end users create applications or themes which suit their needs and share them with the public. These End Users who become coders or theme creators make something that personally suits them and thinks it may have benefit to the community. All I ask to stop attacking the man who has shared his work, for his resources the customizations are perfect and suit his needs. Instead of attacking the guy be supportive, criticism or saying so and so's is not supportive. Instead it is better to actually help edit the files to suit your needs while maintaining his initial work. Therefore after each improvement a final product can be produced. Jailbreaking started as a collaboration of many individuals working as a team complaining about ones work for reach they receive no reimbursement is disturbing in my eyes to see how many ungrateful people there are.

~K

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kwall For This Useful Post:

lgreenberg (12-21-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

this keyboard worked with the older version of iRealSMS and that is why I posted it was working for me. Since I updated to the new version it has not been working, sucks, but hey, atlaest it works with everything else.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Sure, if mrpunk2u chimes in and says its ok... since its based on his work, i'd prefer to have his permission to post it.
    that's fine by me...i woulda given you the psd if you wanted. Sorry i have strep throat and haven't been up to working on it

Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    firstly give mrpunk2u respect in his thread by not hijacking.

Secondly to all those complaining about his keyboard i simply ask why. Modifying iphones and ipod touches started as a hobby for a dev team that wanted a challenge and customized phones. These devs passed on their findings to the end users. Certain end users create applications or themes which suit their needs and share them with the public. These end users who become coders or theme creators make something that personally suits them and thinks it may have benefit to the community. All i ask to stop attacking the man who has shared his work, for his resources the customizations are perfect and suit his needs. Instead of attacking the guy be supportive, criticism or saying so and so's is not supportive. Instead it is better to actually help edit the files to suit your needs while maintaining his initial work. Therefore after each improvement a final product can be produced. Jailbreaking started as a collaboration of many individuals working as a team complaining about ones work for reach they receive no reimbursement is disturbing in my eyes to see how many ungrateful people there are.

~k
    thank you!
    Last edited by mrpunk2u; 12-20-2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ok, here it is...
    Be aware that my version does not have the blue burst on the pressed keys, it has the pop-ups in dark gray with blue letters.
    Also, I replaced the backspace symbol with a right arrow instead of the symbol which was actually the universal keyboard symbol for return/enter.

Other than that, all I did was create the missing images, and redo a couple keys that were a bit blurry.
    If you're inclined to whine about iRealSMS, please read my earlier post.

mrpunk2u gets full credit for the core graphics.

Unzip
    SSH into your themes folder
    Apply in Winterboard
    Enjoy!

BTW, hope you feel better soon mrpunk, and happy holidays everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpunk2u View Post
    that's fine by me...i woulda given you the psd if you wanted. Sorry i have strep throat and haven't been up to working on it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 12-21-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: FILE UPDATED: COMPLETE VERSION

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

HUSKERPLAYA (05-26-2009), Jay14 (12-21-2008), lgreenberg (12-21-2008)