+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Fallout 3 Pipboy 3000 Theme in 4 colors

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
SSHing into your iPod allows you to explore, edit, view, move files around your iPod as you would on a computer. and if that doesn't work, download the background to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SSHing into your iPod allows you to explore, edit, view, move files around your iPod as you would on a computer.

and if that doesn't work, download the background to your desktop. Then explore the .theme you are planning on changing (example: open Fallout Pip-Boy 3000 Green.theme)

Now change LockBackground.png to LockBackground(ORIGINAL).png , so that in the future, you can change it back. Now take the wallpaper you WANT to be the background, and name it LockBackground.png, and put it where the original was.

Now, look up how to SSH into your iPod. It's hard the first time, but really, it's pretty simple.

You can look it up, but basically, just, open SBSettings
    see what your local IP is (mine's usually 10.0.0.4)

put your local IP as the server

set the connection type to STFP

set the username to root

and the password to alpine

then navigate to
    /Library/Themes/

Then upload your slightly edited pip boy theme to there.

respring

it should be in winterboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

<<You can look it up, but basically, just, open SBSettings

set the username to root

and the password to alpine>>

Ah. OK. This is where I'm getting stuck. I have an option to pop in my IP. But, I have no option in connection settings to change it to STFP. I have RAW, TELNET, RLOGIN, SSH, SERIAL

Nowhere to enter user/pass either.

I'M IN!!! OK. So, now I'm all logged in as root using PuTTY. I've navigated to /Library/Themes....now what?

Here's what it says in the console:

login as: root
    [email protected]'s password:
    Pip-Boy-4000:~ root# /Library/Themes
    -sh: /Library/Themes: is a directory
    Pip-Boy-4000:~ root#

I've gone ahead and picked out the icons I want to use, renamed them to their respective apps. ie. Canabalt.png and moved them back into the Fallout Pip-Boy 3000 green.theme/Icons folder.
    Haven't figured out where the lock screen pic is. I mean, I see where it's located, but when I click on the pic, it's not the picture that is in use on my iPod as the lock screen. Currently there is the slider with the Vault-Boy head, and the battery.
    Last edited by Aaron0083; 10-25-2009 at 05:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can you see anything? folders? icons? if you can, then drag/drop the new/edited .theme into /themes/

oh and un-plug your ipod. lol thats the charging screen. this is why my winterboard trick diddnt work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

See things where? In PuTTY or in the green.theme folder? When I enter Library/Theme into PuTTY nothing pops up other than "/Library/Themes is a directory"

In the green.theme folder, I can see everything, all the icons. I went ahead and named my "Please Stand By" picture LockBackground and dumped it into the proper folder. After I backed up the original into a safe folder, of course.

I'm still not sure How i get the green.theme folder from my computer to the iPod through SSH. The commands, I mean.

Oh wow...I feel like an Idiot. Yeah...it's there. I was on the charging screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On a mac it's not text-based. It's drag and drop with folders. Could you screen shot what you see in PuTTY? that would be a help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, sure. I think this should do it.

Screen Cap picture by Aroko0023 - Photobucket

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so the commands are that similar to terminal/BASH. I did not know this. You can now un-install PuTTY and try WinSCP, as that's recommended on a few sites. try that instead, if it is a graphical interface, and not text based, then just drag-drop into /library/themes/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's installed, and I'm in. It has a GUI almost exactly like Norton/FreeCommander.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

K, well no idea what Norton/FreeCommander looks like, but I'll assume it's graphical. Just navigate to /library/themes/ and drag and drop your .theme there. Then respring, open winterboard, apply, let it respring again and you are done.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Yopladas For This Useful Post:

Aaron0083 (10-25-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

YES!!!!!! Dude. Perfect. Wow. Damn man. Thanks SO much. I owe you a keg. Anything I can do to repay you?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just tell the next person what I told you. :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for helpin me jailbreak my phone I'm so happy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yopladas View Post
    SSHing into your iPod allows you to explore, edit, view, move files around your iPod as you would on a computer.

and if that doesn't work, download the background to your desktop. Then explore the .theme you are planning on changing (example: open Fallout Pip-Boy 3000 Green.theme)

Now change LockBackground.png to LockBackground(ORIGINAL).png , so that in the future, you can change it back. Now take the wallpaper you WANT to be the background, and name it LockBackground.png, and put it where the original was.

Now, look up how to SSH into your iPod. It's hard the first time, but really, it's pretty simple.

You can look it up, but basically, just, open SBSettings

set the username to root

and the password to alpine

then navigate to
    /Library/Themes/

Then upload your slightly edited pip boy theme to there.

respring

it should be in winterboard.
    Would you be able to do this from say IPhone Explorer as well? I am not able to SSH with my computer via wifi since I don't have a wireless modem/router. Just curious because I was wanting to take some sound files from the game and use them as sms alert sounds.

Any info you can get for me would be awesome until then I'll be sitting here working on doing it with what I have, I'll update if I am able to figure this out this way.

Also wanted to add, awesome job with the theme man. I'm a huge Fallout3 fan and the second I saw this theme I knew what was going to be on my IPhone for as long as I owned it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, if you can get to /Library/Themes/, you should be good. Just drop the download there, and no need to re-spring, just open up winterboard and apply. (Then winterboard will respring).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up kudos
    thanks mudlark. sweet theme. its really easy to manipulate the .png pictures too, in order to change the app pics.

its a great theme and it will definately be on my iTouch until the next one comes out.

two thumbs up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation No Idea
    Hi,
    I am brand new to this kind of stuff, I have absolutely no idea what to do, but i am a major Fallout 3 fan and I really want this on my iPod Touch, I am using iPhoneBrowser, do you think you could send me a step by step guide for the basic pack (No add-ons) in green? My iPod Touch is not jailbroken (If that matters) and I don't really want to jailbreak it.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hate to break it to you, but you need to jailbreak it to do it.

It might seem intimidating, but if you just follow the steps without freaking out, after one or two times, you might find it to be very easy, quick and safe. And if you DO mess it up, just restore in iTunes.

You should post in another of the forums here for help with jailbreaking it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreaking
    Oh, ok, but If I jailbreak it, and say, I break it the next day by dropping it (Mines under warranty), will I be able to blag my way into a replacement, or is there a special check they perform, also, if I back it up in iTunes, and I want to restore it to it's previous, un-jailbroken self, will it be no longer jailbroken after I restore it?

Sorry for all these questions, as I said previously, I'm a total noob at this stuff..

Thanks,
    Cadburyking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you drop it, and nothing is working, but it will turn on and sync in itunes, you can restore it and no one should be able to tell.

if you drop it, and it will not turn on, they wont be able to turn it on either, so no one will know

see how it works? if they can tell, you can change it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very nice
    So there's no SIGNIFICANT downsides, although I've heard you cannot download apps from the app store after it's jailbroken, is this true?