Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Fallout 3 Pipboy 3000 Theme in 4 colors

I photoshopped the lock screen to have the Vault-Tec logo and name and I deleted the charging lockscreen and replaced it with the Mac Battery theme lock screen. Its epic win.

Thanks for the awesome theme!

PS. DiskAid was the only way I was able to edit my icons
    Highly recommended.

I love this theme but can you please make an updated version for 3.0.1. because the messages and voice memos apps dont have icons and the battery bar disappears each time I open a app.

-Alex

Thanks

any chance of anyone making a sbsettings theme?
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

Is there a way to make the scanline backround work for my computer's desktop as well? I'm not really sure how to make it all work.

Thanks in advance! Awesome theme!

Sorry for taking so long with updates and such. The 3.0 problem with the status bar is very annoying. It was easy to stop it from disappearing, but there is a side effect that is visible whenever you open an app. For whatever reason, the custom statusbar icons get drawn on top of some weird 'shadow' version making them look bolded.

I'm posting up a new version of the theme in all 5 colors that is 3.0 ready as well as a relatively simplistic sbsettings theme in all 5 colors. The extras are unchanged.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudlark For This Useful Post:

braceyoself (10-18-2009)

Thanks. And what about PIP BOY 2500?

I haven't messed with the 2500 in a while, but I should update it as well. Shouldn't take long.

Question Install?
    How do I install this on my iPod touch? This is the first time I am finding out about customizing your iPhone and touch. I just was searching Fallout 3 pipboy and this came up on Google. Can someone help me out over here? I would really appreciate it.

@JackKnife
    To install, you need a jailbroken iPod Touch or an iPhone
    Something found on the Cydia store called OpenSSH
    Something on the cydia store called SBSettings
    An app found in the Cydia store called Winterboard
    A SSH client on your computer

once you have these things, get onto a wifi network. Make sure this is the same network as your computer. Then, open SBSettings by sliding your finger across the top bar. Make sure SSH is set to ON.

NEXT, open a SSH client such as CyberDuck for Mac or PuTTY for PC. Select STFP, in the username box, type "root" without quotes and in the password box put "alpine" without quotes.

IDK about PuTTY, but in Cyberduck, it automatically takes me to /private/var/root/. Navigate to /Library/Themes/. Take the theme you downloaded from here, and upload it to /Library/Themes/. In Cyberduck, you can just drag/drop it. I assume PuTTY is similar. Now, open Winterboard and select your PIP-BOY theme.

hope that's it, if I'm wrong, I hope someone corrects me.

Now, does any of that cost money? Please say no...

It;'s all free.
    To jailbreak, on an iPod, I would use blackra1n, it's pretty easy to use. Click HERE or blackra1n for Mac HERE

It's pretty simple, once you are done, open Cydia, wait for any repo updates or anything, then search for SBSettings

Then install and let it re-spring. When you re-spring, your iPod will lock up for at MOST 5 seconds, which is ok, it's just applying the settings.

Then search for and install OpenSSH

Then search for and install WinterBoard

once you've done all this, download either CyberDuck or PuTTY and install as directed in my previous post.

BUT NOTE: IF YOU MANAGE TO BREAK YOUR IPOD WHILE JAILBROKEN, THE APPLE STORE DOES NOT HELP YOU. YOU CAN ALWAYS REVERY BACK TO A PREVIOUS STATE IN ITUNES BY RESTORING AND STARTING IT AS A NEW IPOD.

ALSO: DO NOT UPDATE WHEN A NEW FIRMWARE COMES OUT IN ITUNES. IGNORE IT. WAIT TILL THE DEV TEAM RELEASES IT.

that should be all, it's free.

Also, where can I find these things:
    OpenSSH
    SBSettings
    Winterboard

I looked on the Cydia Apps tab...Couldn't find 'em. Thank you for all your help and patience!

Quote Originally Posted by JackKnife View Post
    Also, where can I find these things:
    OpenSSH
    SBSettings
    Winterboard

I looked on the Cydia Apps tab...Couldn't find 'em. Thank you for all your help and patience!
    The first three are in the home screen of Cydia under 'Featured Packages'. You can also do a search in Cydia for all three items.

For the last, try WinSCP or something similar. For that, I suggest you google. Most of this is easily searchable via 'Google'.

I'm now assuming you have it jailbroken
    OpenSSH
    SBSettings
    Winterboard
    can all be found in a quick search in cydia

for a ssh client, use CyberDuck for Mac or PuTTY for PC. hope that helps.

Hi my name is Kevin and I need some help jail breaking my new iphone3G it's system software is 3.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey everyone, first post! Huge Fallout fan and I happen to have a jail-broken iPod touch. I've installed the theme via Cydia, and everything so far seems great, most of the icons are there, the background has the moving static-line (or whatever you call it), it's near perfect. But I have a few questions on how to make it absolutely complete.

1) How do I set my own background? ie. I'd like to use the "Please Stand By" screen-cap wallpaper for the "swipe to unlock" page.

2) As far as I can tell, I've downloaded the extra vault-boy icons to the iPod via Cydia, but I can't seem to access them.

3) Once I do access them, how do I assign them to the apps of my choosing? ie. How do I set my twitter app from the default bird icon, to one of the extras pack icons?

4) I've seen on some youtube videos that people have even modded the sounds (the unlock/lock sounds, and the keyboard clicks) Is this possible with this version? I have the sound pack on my computer, but I'm unsure as to how I need to install them.

A heads up; I have a tethered jailbreak, but I have SBSettings installed, so I can re-spring instead of rebooting (and thus losing the entire jailbreak including the theme).

Thanks everyone!

PS, This theme is killer!!

Hi aaron,
    1: find this "Please Stand By" background. Upliad it with iTunes to your iPod. Now, in Winterboard, grab something that comes with Winterboard (i.e. you don't need to search/download in Cydia) called "User Lock Background". To grab it, touch the three stripes to the right of the name, and drag it to the top. This sets it as a priority over the theme. Now set this background to your lock background in your settings>general pref pane.

2:Just download them here and see my instructions a few posts earlier to SSH into your iPod. Drop them in the directory /Library/Themes/ , then respring your iPod with SBSettings.

3:download them here, rightclick>view package contents/explore, then re-name the icon of choice to the name of the app you want it to be.

IDK about 4, but I would leave the sounds.

hope that helps some.
    Last edited by Yopladas; 10-25-2009 at 05:39 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Yopladas For This Useful Post:

Aaron0083 (10-25-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm...Doesn't seem to be working. Followed the instructions. Didn't seem to find a "set lock background" option for setting the wallpaper, so i just used the normal wallpaper option. (Settings > General > Wallpaper). The "User Lock Background" is checked and dragged to the top. Nothing. I even tried to re-spring it. Notta. Any ideas of what I did wrong?

When you say SSH them into my iPod, what exactly do you mean? I downloaded PuTTY, but I can't figure it out. I guess the Mac's program is a bit easier to use.
    Last edited by Aaron0083; 10-25-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast