+ Reply
Page 258 of 373 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248256257258259260 268 308 358 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 7454

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: >>>> Orbz v2.2 for Winterboard <<<<

is a discussion within the

iPhone 2G|3G|3GS iPod Touch 1G|2G|3G New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Sorry, I could not find this icon on the website posted previously, kept giving me the wrong application F.M.L.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, I could not find this icon on the website posted previously, kept giving me the wrong application

F.M.L.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laspecas View Post
    this one with glare please Attachment 370018
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG683 View Post
    Sorry, I could not find this icon on the website posted previously, kept giving me the wrong application

F.M.L.
    No sweat. I will take care of them tonight.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by da_kleckna View Post
    hey guys

i tryed to installed the onky dialer(loks kickass^^)
    i put it in winterboard..and used it
    but i cant see it
    it doesnt work

same with sbsettings

what am i do wrong?
    I plan on making a kind of help/information guide post as soon as I'm done with the updates. I will answer your questions in that post. look for it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    its ResidentEvil4 ...
    Gotcha. It should be correct in the next update.

And as promised...
    Attached Images Attached Images         

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

davatl32 (11-05-2009)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by furiardy View Post
    Request icon :

Any chance I could get the names of these icons (as they appear on the springboard). I Want to make sure that they are correct before adding them into the next update. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSpaulding View Post
    Hi guys, first of all want to thank you for such great work you've done - much appreciated! The guys over AVForums lead me here following many praises of your work. Anyway, enough 'bum' kissing... any chance of being able to request a couple of icons for the 5 icon dock with the the 'chunks' taken out (sorry I'm very new to this jailbreaking thing!)

Would love it if I could have them in the order - 1. Phone 2. Mail 3. Calendar 4. Safari 5. Messages

Not sure what it will look like with the calendar in the middle, but it's quite handy to have there because the date is always on show. If it looks rubbish I guess I'll have to think about rearranging them lol

Thanks guys!!
    Hey I forgot to ask, You wanted this in dock flow style right? because if you are just using the five icon dock, they do not overlap. I will make it in dock flow just in case, but just wondered.

Ok guys, here is the Icon Updates for 1.0 and 2.0 icon styles. I strongly recommend that you take a few minutes after you have downloaded it to your desk top, to open it up and take a look at your favorite apps before loading it into your phone. I have done my best to make sure that all of the apps are named correctly, but I am human, and I obviously do not have all of these apps myself. You will find there are several versions of some icons, such as Safari, Messages/Text, etc. Choose the one that you like and label it accordingly if the default one is not the one that suites you. Often when a new version of an icon is made, it will become the new default icon for that app, so take a second look at the apps you use. So, this is where you come in! I ask that anytime you run across an icon that does not work, or is spelled/labeled incorrectly, Please, please post that info here, so that I can make the appropriate correction! Again, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this theme, and to those who have reported back when an app is mislabeled. And of coarse a thank you to Hockey for the theme!

So enjoy guys!
    Last edited by 1hihum; 08-03-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1hihum,

You got to help me. I got adventurous and did the youtube tutorial on the Photoshop script. I made it all the way to the last step. The script appears to run fine, I see my transformed icon at the very end. However, the icon is not saving in any of my folders (1.0,2.0, 3.0, 4.0, or the Orbz Action 2.0 root). All I see is the original icon. I'm attaching screenshots of my entire script, my directory structure, and my original icon. What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails >>>> Orbz v2.2 for Winterboard <<<<-directory.png   >>>> Orbz v2.2 for Winterboard <<<<-one.png   >>>> Orbz v2.2 for Winterboard <<<<-2.png  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anyone make me a glared icon for cartoon wars
    thank u

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aznjonathan23 View Post
    Can anyone make me a glared icon for cartoon wars
    thank u
    Icon please. ...never mind
    Last edited by 1hihum; 08-03-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

So I decided that it is time to make a "help/tutorial" post here. There has been a lot of good questions asked over the 340+ pages here and I thought it would be a good idea to put them together in one post. So I will start by posting some common questions with answers, and as others ask more questions, or add comments, I will edit this post to include any new or good information. This will be a work in progress, so please be patient. At the same time, feel free to ask if you don't understand something. Remember, it is better to ask, and look like a fool for a minute or two, that to say nothing and look like a fool forever. Just kidding I welcome the questions and comments...after all, that is what this post is all about!

Oh and uh, please forgive my spelling and grammar

Topics covered...

1) Icon Requests

2) Naming the icons/getting the icon version I want

3) Icon Styles

4) Downloading icons from the Orbz icon website (individual/complete icon folders)

5) Installing updated icon pack/folders

6) Installing the SBSettings theme/skin

7) Selecting an SBSettings theme

8) Installing the Music Player theme

9) Removing the "Black Out Effect" (often seen on the Cydia home page)

10) Changing/Removing the Wallpaper

11) Changing notification badges

12) Making Icons (manually, and automated) using PS Elements, PS (manual method), and PS Automated (via action script)

13) Categories issues/trouble shooting (making the them show in categories, converting individual icons, and more to come)

14) Replacing/Adding a phone "Dialer"

15) Theming the Liveweather/LiveClock icons
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1) Icon requests Whenever you find that you need an icon, please do the following...

a)make sure that you are using the most current icon update folder (links to these updates can be found in my signature, JoOosty's signature, or the first post of this thread)(see instructions for installing update folder in this thread)

b) Post a request in this thread, but please be sure to include the following information:

the correct name of the app (as it appears on the spring board)

The original icon

c) You can also take a screen shot with the icons you need in them. (see instructions on how to take a screen shot in this post) Do use this method, do the following:

Move all of the icons that you need into one screen (page) on you phone. Please be sure that the names of the icons are visible ( turn off any Winterboard theme that hides the icon names)

Now press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time, until the screen flashes. You have just taken a screen shot.

Now open your photos app, and open the Camera roll. The last picture on the roll should be the screen shot you just took.

Email that pic to your desktop, and the post it in the Orbz thread. We can pull the icons from the pic.

d) You can also use this website to get the icon for any Apple app. Just right click on the icon, and save it as (type in the name of the app as it looks on the spring board), then post it here. Please note that not every iucon will be found here, but it's better than nothing.
    (This is the ideal method, as it is the easiest on the icon makers)

2) Naming the icons/getting the icon version I want

The name Orbz icon must match the name of the app exactly (as it appears on the SB) in order for it to work. Always double check that the name of any icon you are adding matches the name of the app before installing it on your phone.

Getting the version you want to show upThere are several apss with more than one Orbz icon available in the icon folders. Only one can be the default icon for any given app. So if you like one version of an icon, but it is not the default one, just rename the default Orbz icon. Right click on the default icon and select "rename". Now add a number to the end of the name (example: add a 5 to the end of Safari to make it Safari5.png) Now do the same to the icon you want as the default, but this time remove any number at the end of the name) Your selected icon should now show up once you respring your phone.

3) Icon Styles

There are currently four different icon styles. They are as follows...
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...con-styles.jpg

4) Downloading icons from the Orbz icon website (individual/complete icon folders)

1) getting individual icons: To search for and get individual icons do the following...
    Go to the Orbz icon page. Go to the search box for the icon style (1.0,2.0 ,3.0, or 4.0) you want, and type in the name of the app (as it appears on the springboard). I it is already made, it will show up drop down list of icons. Select the icon you want, and it will show up on the iphone to the left at the top. Now right click on the icon and select "save image as", and save the icon to your desktop. From there you can SSH it into your icons folder in the theme.

2) Download the complete icon folder (always up to date): To download the entire icon collection for the icon style you want, simply click on the "download all Orbz (style number) icons link to the right of the icon search box. A download box will appear asking you what program to use to download the file with. Always use WinRaR to save the file. It is a .tar file, but it acts the same as a .rar file. Once you have saved the file to your desktop, you can SSH it into the theme, and replace the old icons folder with the updated one.

5)Installing updated icon folders/pack

Updated icon folders are sometimes referred to as "Packs". Icon "packs" and icon "folders" are one in the same, there is no difference.
    To install an new updated icon folder do the following...

1) Download the update and save it to your desk top. Open it there, and take a few minutes to look through the folder. Take care to look at any icons that you have had to change from the default version before (Example: There are several different versions of the Safari icon in each folder) The version YOU like may not be the default one in the update. It is easier to make the change while viewing the icons on your desk top, rather than while the folder is in your phone, because you can easily look at the icons on the desk top. This is the time when you will want to set up your "dock Flow" icons if you are using them.Once you have the icons set up in the folder the way you want them, it's time to install the folder on the phone.

Start by SSHing into your phone (Windows), or CyberDuck? (Mac) Once you are in, navigate as follows:

var>stash.Themes>Orbz>

Now delete the old icon folder in the theme. Once it has been deleted, drag and drop the new updated icon folder into the theme.

Now Just respring the phone, and you should see your new icons.

6)Installing the SBSettings theme/skin

The SBSettings theme does not go into winterboard as other themes do, rather it goes into the SBSettings app itself. So, to get there, do the following:

SSH into your phone, and navigate to:

var>mobile>Library>SBSettings>Themes.

Now drag and drop the Orbz SBSettings theme into the "Themes" folder and respring. Your Orbz theme is now installed...but you still must select it in order to see the theme.
    (see "Selecting an SBSettings theme" for instructions)

7) Selecting an SBSettings theme

To select a theme:

Open SBSettings

Select the "more" button

Select "Manage Themes"

Select the theme you want (Tap the blue arrow on the right for a preview of the theme)

Now hit the home button. Once the phone has resprung, your SBSettings theme is active...so go check it out

8) Installing the Music Player theme

The Music Player theme is an Orbz style theme, but it is independent of the main Orbz theme. It goes in the "Themes" folder along side all of your other themes, it does NOT GO IN THE ORBZ THEME. So to install it, do the following:

Start by SSHing into your phone, and navigate to:

var>stash>Themes

Now just drag and drop the Music Player theme into the 'Themes" folder on the iPhone, and then respring your phone.

Your Music Player theme is now installed.

Open Winterboard and activate it, and you are all set.

9)Removing the "Black Out Effect" (often seen on the Cydia home page)

There is an overlay in the Orbz theme that covers the text in some pages, such as Cydia. We get asked often...How do I fix this? To remove the Dark overlay, do the following:

var>stash>Themes>Orbz>UIImages

Now find the images named UIPinstripe (yes the 7x1 image), and delete it.

Now respring your phone, and you are all set.

10) Changing/Removing the Wallpaper

Often times, people want to change or remove the wallpaper that comes with the theme. To Change the stock wallpaer with one of your own, while making the new wallpaper continue to be part of the theme, do the following:

SSH into your phone, and navigate as follows:

var>stash>Themes>Orbz

You will see the wallpaper image there among other images and folders. You can choose from one of the many alternate wallpapers includes in the "EXTRAS" Folder, or replace it with one of your own liking.

To choose an alternate wallpaper from the EXTRAS folder, simply open the EXTRAS folder, then open the Alt_Wallpapers folder.

Here there are several wallpapers to choose from. Move the one you like to the same location as the original wallpaper.

Now delete original "Wallpaper" (note the capitol "W"), (you could also move it to the Alt_Wallpapers folder if you wish to keep it. Now rename the new wallpaper to Wallpaper (again note the capitol "W").

Now respring your phone and your all set.

To remove the Wallpaper, allowing you to use other wallpaper options not tied to the Orbz theme, follow the instructions above, to the point of deleting the original Wallpaper. Do not replace the Orbz wallpaper with anything.

Now respring your phone, and the Orbz wallpaper will be gone, allowing you the option of using things like Bosspaper, "User wallpaper, or any other option you like.

11) Changing the notification badges

The Orbz Theme comes with notification badges in several colors. If you would like to replace the current one for one of the extra badges that are included in the theme, then do the following:

Start by SSHing into your phone. Navigate as follows:

var>stash>Themes>Orbz>Bundles>com.apple.springboar d

Here you will find the current notification badge (named: SBBadgeBG) Before you can change it, you will have to remove or rename this Badge.I always prefer to save them, in case I decide to use it again.

Select the current badge, and drag (copy) it to your desktop.

Now delete it from the phone (in the com.apple.springboard folder)

Now navigate to: Orbz>EXTRAS>Alt_Badges

Select the new badge, and drag it to your desktop.

Now drag the original Badge ( the one you are replacing) to the EXTRAS folder. This will allow you to save it in the theme in case you decide to use it again in the future (you can also add other badges that you may like for future use at this time in the EXTRAS> Alt_Badges folder)

Now navigate back to the com.apple.springboard folder.

Now drag the replacement Badge into the folder.

Now rename the new Badge to : SBBadgeBG.

Now just respring and you are all set.

12) Making Icons (Manually and Automated)

While Photoshop is the preferred software for making icons, it is not the only one used. We will cover the three common ways of making Orbz icons using...Photoshop Elements, Photoshop (manual method), and Photoshop Automated (via action script). For the manual method, you will want to download the icon overlays. They can be found in Hockeys first post of the Orbz thread.

a) Photoshop Elements (Manual)Method:

Open a new project (60 x 60 pixels), make sure it's transparent, hit OK.
    Now drag the original icon and the overlay into the bottom of your Photoshop Elements (PE) project.
    You will now have a transparent icon (new project), the original icon, and the overlay on the bottom.
    Doubleclick the original icon -> CTRL-A, CTRL-C
    Doubleclick the blanc icon -> CTRL-V
    Doubleclick the overlay icon -> CTRL-A, CTRL-V
    Doubleclick the blank icon which contains the original icon -> CTRL-V
    Now select on the right the original icon-overlay.
    Select the eraser and clean up the edges.
    Save your image as .png

b) Photoshop (Manual Method)

You want to start by opening a new project. (click file, then select new. Be sure to set width and height to 60x60 pixels)

Now open the icon you want to change. (double click anywhere in the workspace, then select the icon you want)

Now open the overlay. (same as selecting the icon. Repeat for each overlay if you are making more than one style)

Now select the icon you want to modify, and resize it ( most of the time it's between 48-52 pixels ).(To resize, right clicking on the title bar-top of the project, next to the minimize button. Select image size and adjust accordingly)

Now select the move tool on the left, and drag the icon into the new blank (pressing the shift key before releasing the mouse button will automatically center the icon in the new project)

Now select and drag the overlay into the new blank ( again, hold the shift key before releasing the mouse button )
    You should see the overlay over the square icon in the new project.

Now select the icon layer (in the layers section on the right). It should be layer number two.(The selected layer will always be highlighted)

Now select the eraser tool on the left, and erase the icon edges that are hanging out beyond the overlay. (You should see the icon erasing without erasing the overlay.)

Once you are sure that the icon no longer "sticks out" past the edges of the overlay, you are finished erasing.

At this point you are basically done. You should have a new icon, with the overlay over it, with a clear background.

Now just save it, and your done. (Always be sure to save it as a .PNG, otherwise it won't work on your phone)

c) Photoshop Automated (via action script)

First let me give a huge thanks to JoOosty for bringing this method to us. It has truly revolutionized the whole icon making process!!! And another big thanks is owed to Mr Boss for making the instructional video for installing the script in PS! Thanks guys, your help is truly appreciated!!!

For now, I am just going to have the links posted for the Orbz Action Script 2.3.1 And the Installation Video by Mr Boss. If in the future I find that it is necessary to post further information/instructions, I will do so here.

13) Categories: issues/trouble shooting

The Categories application can be very touchy when it comes to themes, but most if not all of those issues can be fixed with minimal effort. I will cover a few of the most common questions and problems here:

Always start by theming your icons before putting them in a category if at all possible (this prevents most of the problems with categories)

1) How do I get the theme to show up in a given category (games for example)?

Answer) Start by opening the category.

Now tap on the white "i" in the lower right corner.

At the bottom of the menu is "Icons Theme", select Orbz from the list

Now hit the done button in the upper right corner

You have now successfully activated the Orbz theme in that category

Please note, that you will need to do this in each individual category.

2) I have an icon in a category that with not convert to the Orbz theme, how do I fix it?

Answer) If you have an icon that is already in a category when you try to theme it, it will not always convert, even though the theme is active in the category already. To fix the icon, do the following:

Open the main Categories application.

Navigate to the icon you are trying to convert.

Remove the icon from the category and close the Categories app.

You should now see the icon on your springboard.

Now respring the phone.

The icon should now show up themed on the springboard.

Now open the main Categories app and add the application back into the category you removed it from.

The icon should now show up in the category themed.

14) Replacing/Adding a phone "Dialer"

To replace or add a new "Dialer to the theme,
    start by having the Dialer you want to use on your desktop, then do the following:

var>stash>Themes>Orbz.theme>Bundles

Now delete the Dialer in the folder named com.apple.mobilephone

Now go to your desktop

Drag and drop the new dialer into the folder named com.apple.mobilephone in the Bundles folder of the Orbz theme, and respring your phone.

Now open your phone, and it should show up.

If you are replacing it with another one from another theme, it may require more than just one "dialer image, it may require all of the dialer images to be replaced. if that is the case, you want to replace the entire com.apple.mobilephone folder.

15) Theming the Liveweather/LiveClock icons

Theming the Liveweather/LiveClock icons requires placing your "themed" icons in a different location the the rest of your theme icons.

If you are on IOS 4.0 or higher, you will need to name the icons with Icon in the name.

For example, the LiveClock icon should be named...LiveClockIcon.png.

The proper location for these icons is as follows:

Theme>Bundles>com.springboard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails >>>> Orbz v2.2 for Winterboard <<<<-icon-styles.jpg  
    Last edited by 1hihum; 12-04-2010 at 03:29 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

H0CKEY (08-18-2009), JoOosty (08-16-2009), Majky_ (02-14-2010), MrBoss (08-04-2009), Noghar (08-22-2009), Vienna14 (02-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Until now...I can not make the orbz,any one would explain me using photoshop element to make it...thx...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    1hihum...i luv u^^ (master of orbz xD)
    i cant w8 for the next helps and tutorials...especally for sbsettings and dialer
    br

iPhone? More like MyPhone MrBoss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netjack View Post
    1hihum,

You got to help me. I got adventurous and did the youtube tutorial on the Photoshop script. I made it all the way to the last step. The script appears to run fine, I see my transformed icon at the very end. However, the icon is not saving in any of my folders (1.0,2.0, 3.0, 4.0, or the Orbz Action 2.0 root). All I see is the original icon. I'm attaching screenshots of my entire script, my directory structure, and my original icon. What am I doing wrong?
    They should be in the Orbz Action 2.0 folder in the 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and Numbered folders.

Check your desktop to see if there was an Orbz Action 2.0 folder created there. The script was made and tested on WindowsXP but I see you have Vista I might be able to edit the scripts to work for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Hey I forgot to ask, You wanted this in dock flow style right? because if you are just using the five icon dock, they do not overlap. I will make it in dock flow just in case, but just wondered.
    Yeah please mate, the overlapping dockflow I'm after. Thanks dude!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by furiardy View Post
    Until now...I can not make the orbz,any one would explain me using photoshop element to make it...thx...
    Try this. It has been a while, and I've only done it once, but this might be enough to get you started. I borrowed the instructions for Elements from someone else here, i just can't remember who. I will update them as needed, and add them to the tutorial/help post later.

Quote Originally Posted by da_kleckna View Post
    1hihum...i luv u^^ (master of orbz xD)
    i cant w8 for the next helps and tutorials...especally for sbsettings and dialer
    br
    Inside the main folder of the SBSettings theme there are some basic instructions for installing the SBSettings theme (it doesn't go in winterboard). I will walk you through it tonight though, and add it to the tutorial post as well, along with the dialer.
    Last edited by 1hihum; 08-04-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I have required

1.0 (Glared) and 3.0 (double ring)

【AutoNavi.png】 Thanks!!!

Last edited by Lazyrock; 08-04-2009 at 07:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi there, I am new to the Jailbreak, but so far have gottne everything except the following few icons. Could you make them for me? I've searched through the thread, as well as downloaded the latest icon pack. Thanks in advance, great theme! Edit- I like the Version 2, without the reflection.
    They include:
    SkiJump
    3PtHoops
    HoopsLite
    Dots Free
    CoolFacts
    WordSearchLite

Last edited by dusty2221; 08-04-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Hi there, I am new to the Jailbreak, but so far have gottne everything except the following few icons. Could you make them for me? I've searched through the thread, as well as downloaded the latest icon pack. Thanks in advance, great theme!
    They include:
    SkiJump
    3PtHoops
    HoopsLite
    Dots Free
    CoolFacts
    WordSearchLite

Where did you get the cool ipod icon from in your dock? I like it!

Thanks

Hey Man...

I wanted to know if you could this Respring & Mail icon for me into an orb icons! thanks!

Respring:

Mail:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Where did you get the cool ipod icon from in your dock? I like it!
    it is a part of the Glass Color Orb Theme. I love it too. My theme is a combo of this Orbz theme and the Glass Color Orb theme.

Thanks

Icon post A !
    http://home.planet.nl/~whynot/funnyscan.gif
    I do signatures too
    Check em out on my humble homepage
    3 iPhone 2nd gen on 2.2.1 jailbroken
    1 iPhone 2nd gen on 3.0.1 jailbroken
    1 iPhone 3Gs on 3.0.1 jailbroken

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FunnyMan For This Useful Post:

1hihum (08-04-2009), dusty2221 (08-04-2009), H0CKEY (08-04-2009), King Of The World (08-04-2009)

Thanks

Icon Post B
    http://home.planet.nl/~whynot/funnyscan.gif
    I do signatures too
    Check em out on my humble homepage
    3 iPhone 2nd gen on 2.2.1 jailbroken
    1 iPhone 2nd gen on 3.0.1 jailbroken
    1 iPhone 3Gs on 3.0.1 jailbroken

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FunnyMan For This Useful Post:

1hihum (08-04-2009), dusty2221 (08-04-2009), H0CKEY (08-04-2009), King Of The World (08-04-2009)