Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEWS for skinners! New skins =) And more =)~

Default NEWS for skinners! New skins =) And more =)~
    So... IVE GOT IT.. Thanks indirectly to KennX for making the iswap Program.. I was able to understand the script and create my own script based off of his that allows me to change backgrounds and icon sets/icon order on the fly. With the touch of a button 3 seconds later you have an ENTIRLY new full skin on your page.

UPDATE
    First of all I would like to thank all the AWESOME programmers out there that are making all the apps and programs for us! Without them this would not be possible.
    2nd- This is not intended as a "Graphics package" or anything of the sort. I am sharing this with you all for the sake of a new application and how it works..It is for you to research it and program YOUR OWN. This is NOT a photoshop tutorial website.. so if you dont like the graphics please do not message me 10000 times asking for new icons or graphics. Im sure you can figure it out.
    3rd- Use this at your own will. It works awesome for me. I did it from a rebooted phone to get this.. so if you skip steps I am not sure if it will work.
    4th- I am a pc user.. Im not sure how the translation will work.
    5th- If you have any problems with WinSCP/Jailbreak or any others.. please check the wiki or other forums on usage. This is not for those items.
    6th- You saw it on ModmyiPhone first!
    Heres some images of it.
    Video Update ChangeIt Video
    Keep in mind this all activates from the touch of a button.

Background Number 1 and Icon Layout...

Background Number 2 and Icon Layout...

Switching Background screen and Icon Layout...

The Tutorial!
    Jailbreak Your phone.. See Wiki here > http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Download my Zip file containing some basic applications and what not to get you going with this.
    Unzip the contents of the package get it here > http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=408

After you have Jailbreaked successfully..
    Open the SSHkit folder in my package with your phone "on" and plugged into the dock.
    Run the sshfy-windows.bat file and follow the instructions accordingly.
    When you finish. Get WinSCP here > http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
    Open WINSCP Move up to the main folder. (You phone folders are on the right)

Go to the binkit folder from my zip package.
    Install the folders one by one by putting copying them to the exact folders they match in your phone. As you copy them into the folders you MUST set the permissions on the files and the folder that contains them to 0777. Do this by selecting the file.. right clicking and setting the Octal to 0777.

Make SURE you do this for every folder and file in the binkit. NOTE: In SCP you can click the top file, scroll down to the bottom file, shift click, and set all permissions at once.

Disconnect from SCP and reboot phone, then reconnect to dock.
    Go to my applications folder now.
    Open SCP again and navigate to the applications folder on your phone.
    Install these to the applications folder by dragging the individual application folders into the applications folder on your phone
    Install Terminal.app
    Right click the Teminal.app folder and set permissions to 0777 along with the contents
    Install VoiceNotes
    Right click the VNotes.app folder and set permissions to 0777 along with the contents
    Install Nintendo
    Right click the Nintendo.app folder and set permissions to 0777 along with the contents
    Install Finder
    Right click the Finder.app folder and set permissions to 0777 along with the contents
    Install changeIT
    Right click the changeIT.app folder and set permissions to 0777 along with the contents
    Install TicTacToe
    Right click the TicTacToe.app folder and set permissions to 0777 along with the contents

Go to my Loring_SkinsFiles Folder into the Springboard.app
    Navigate to the System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app folder in SCP and place the Displayorderlist.plist and Displayorderlist2.plist and set permissions to 0777 on both.
    Go to the English folder inside of the Springboard folder.
    Navigate to the System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/English.lproj folder and place the LocalizedApplicationNames.strings file. I have added all the programs we are installing and removed the text so when you move icons around the text will not show up on the dock.

Go to my Loring_SkinsFiles Folder
    Navigate to the applications folder on your phone in SCP.
    Install all of the icons and images I have givin you in the folders to each appropriate folders.
    NOTE PEOPLE DO NOT INSTALL THE SPRINGBOARD.STRINGS FILE I forgot to remove it from the zip. It will make your phone say loring studios for unlock etc! BUT.. you can open in wordpad and edit your info into it

Disconnect from WinSCP.
    Power off your phone. Restart your phone. Blam- Loring Studios-a-Fied

Read..
    There are MANY ways to do this. If you do not follow this exactly from a "rebooted" phone. It might not work for you and I apologize. This is how I got it to work and the graphics I have chosen to share with you in the process. If you substitute graphics.. Make sure you understand how the program works!!!!!

If you add more Apps.. You MUST edit the LocalizedApplicationNames.strings and the displayorders
    For the displayorder.plists
    Study mine for those of you that dont understand how to label the <string> files! They come right off of the info file in the app.
    NOTE: You can arrange the icons in ANY order you want with the displayorderlists with the exception of these:
    You will loose notifications if you move the phone/sms/email icons off of the dock. Also. If you get to playing with the lists, the DemoAPP icon MUST remain in the 17th icon position on the displayorder or you will loose your backgrounds.
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 08-24-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Updated Video Link
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

tommy0486 (08-18-2007), unknownentry (08-16-2007)

sweet!! You might have out done yourself this time
    Hit Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that sounds amazing

wow.!!!! this is what i have been waiting for!! any idea when we will get to see it?

Maybe later tonight.. Im pretty busy! Just gotta touch up the WIKI for publishing! Im doing a basic install.. So people can follow Exactly. I might need one of the staff to Mac translate =) I am on a pc
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

I'm all over the Mac side.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, NOW i'm excited. All I need after this to make me happy? MMS, and SMS to multiple recipients

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daerid For This Useful Post:

iPhone freakaziod (08-16-2007)

Cool =]
    oh man cant wait loring!! Thats how i figured how to run the iSwap, by looking at the code, however seems like you got more out of it, care to give me a lesson..I want to make some apps too =]

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    Maybe later tonight.. Im pretty busy! Just gotta touch up the WIKI for publishing! Im doing a basic install.. So people can follow Exactly. I might need one of the staff to Mac translate =) I am on a pc
    A graphics/photographer studio on a PC? Oh my.... some people are just strange....

(no offense intended, your photos and graphics are stunning)
    BluewoodBoarder!

8g iPhone, 2 GHz Core Duo (black) MacBook w/ 2gigs of ram..

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoodboarder View Post
    A graphics/photographer studio on a PC? Oh my.... some people are just strange....

(no offense intended, your photos and graphics are stunning)

None taken.. But its not the brand of computer.. Its how much money you have in it , And how you use it. They are all the same to me in all reality. I use both.
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 08-16-2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Loring is this what you were talking to me about...Will I get my theme tonight? Or is it still in the works?

EDIT: This is AWESOME Loring!!! Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by unknownentry; 08-16-2007 at 03:42 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Way to be Loring. Loving it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default Add to sources Repository
    Can we get this on the Installer application??

It might be to technical for an installer.. But I have never used one. I dont think they can set permissions.

And.. Anyone install it?? Just wanna know if the tutorial worked ok??

ps.. Its based on demoapp.. SOOOOO if you have even itty bitty witty baby photoshop skills.. you can open the demoapp files and docks and make your own backgrounds to swap out =) Just leave the cutouts.

hint hint

Wow, this is the best ever, and you already have made so many cool themes. can you give us a quick guide on how to make your other themes work with this program or if not can you help me to understand how to do it myself. Im a half way decent dumb ***. I can figure allot of things out but i would love the help

Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    Wow, this is the best ever, and you already have made so many cool themes. can you give us a quick guide on how to make your other themes work with this program or if not can you help me to understand how to do it myself. Im a half way decent dumb ***. I can figure allot of things out but i would love the help
    OK heres the deal with that. Its a whole different way then I have used before. It is LOADED with graphics in order to change Icons and pages. The only way to get this to work with my other themes would be to rewrite the changeIT code to fit the icons you are trying to swap.. etc etc.

Default can we get this packaged up for the Installer.app?
    Hey Loring, fantastic work!

do you think we could get this packaged up for use with installer.app? Makes updates/installs so breezy...

if you arent familiar with the how of it, i might could take a look and see what the requirements are for delivery via installer.app....

you rock!!
    tana

No. I'm talking the installer application for the iphone made by nullriver soft. Just add the application to one of the community sources. People can then download and install it straight from their iPhone if they have the installer application. More details here. http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

ahh. Ive used that. Im just not sure if i could set permissions. Ill look into it cause that would be bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast