+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Original 3G iPad Owners Get a Check for $40 in the Mail From Apple and AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
$40 checks are being sent out by wireless carrier AT&T and Apple to original iPad WiFi + 3G buyers in the United States. Apparently back in January 2010, when the
    Thanks

Default Original 3G iPad Owners Get a Check for $40 in the Mail From Apple and AT&T

$40 checks are being sent out by wireless carrier AT&T and Apple to original iPad WiFi + 3G buyers in the United States. Apparently back in January 2010, when the 3G iPad was first announced by Steve Jobs, a deal was made with AT&T for an unlimited iPad data plan for $30. The plan was available when the device first launched back in April 2010. However, AT&T got rid of the plan only one month later after introducing it. Because of this, lawsuits went on in the following months and years claiming that customers had overpaid for the iPad and was tricked into thinking they could use it under unlimited data access.

Apple and AT&T settled in September of 2013 and agreed to pay $40 to all effected buyers of the iPad. And a discount was offered on replacing the 5GB plan for those who had not purchased an unlimited plan. Beginning late last week, the two companies started sending out checks, which also were also recently received by customers. Take a look below at a check stub 9to5Mac had received:

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I still have the 30 dollar plan!: )

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the $30 plan for a long time, but since tethering on the iPhone via jailbreak apps was so simple there was no value in it for me any longer. I still have 2 iPhones on the old unlimited plan. My base plan is from Cingular prior to the AT&T acquisition for those of you who remember them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    I still have the 30 dollar plan!: )
    Me to!! Its the best. No check for me.