Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Introduces Galaxy Tab S and Claims It Tops All Tablets On The Market

Thanks

Default Samsung Introduces Galaxy Tab S and Claims It Tops All Tablets On The Market

The Galaxy Tab S lineup was unveiled by Samsung recently at a New York based special press event, “Tab Into Color.” The device comes in an 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch model, has fingerprint recognition, has 2560x1600 pixel resolution Super AMOLED displays, and has Galaxy-only inter device sharing software. Samsung basically made a statement that goes against Apple and the iPad, by saying that the new hardware in their series tops any other tablet on the market currently with its high-resolution display. And in the demo room, the company marketed their Galaxy Tab S right next to Apple’s iPad Air.

Much of the specifications go hand-in-hand to the company’s Galaxy S5 smartphone sporting a 2.1-megapixel front camera, an 8-megapixel rear camera, and an octo-core Exynos SoC fingerprint scanner. Both models also come in two colors, a muted bronze and white. This lineup is super thin, coming in at 0.25 inches only and has a 2560x1600 pixel Super AMOLED display- which the company claims makes it the best tablet on the market. They say the screen produces more vibrant colors and has deeper blacks than the previous Galaxy tablets, which were only LCD.

As for the software, SideSync, is the new feature introduced by Samsung. It allows users to navigate and pair their Galaxy S5 on the Galaxy Tab S screen. It supports phone calls, file transfers, and app access. This sounds awfully similar to Apple’s new iOS and OS X file transfers introduced at WWDC. Both devices need to be on the same Wi-Fi network in order for the feature to work.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S will be available to the public in July with the 8.4-inch starting at $399 and 10.5-inch model starting at $499.

Source: Lance Ulanoff (Twitter), Samsung
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 06-13-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Blah blah blah

Hardware sounds good. Too bad it's ruined by junk software. They need those high-end chips just to get their software to run at pace with iOS. Pretty sad.

"They say the screen produces more vibrant colors "

Read super saturated and highly inaccurate colors.

AMOLED is great tech, but the way Samsung shamelessly ruins the colors with the extreme oversaturation just kills it for me. I'd rather have more accurate colors over that. It's like a movie with no story and tons of special effects.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Hardware sounds good. Too bad it's ruined by junk software. They need those high-end chips just to get their software to run at pace with iOS. Pretty sad.

"They say the screen produces more vibrant colors "

Read super saturated and highly inaccurate colors.

AMOLED is great tech, but the way Samsung shamelessly ruins the colors with the extreme oversaturation just kills it for me. I'd rather have more accurate colors over that. It's like a movie with no story and tons of special effects.
    That's why there is rooting. While I do agree that Samsung does a good job on hardware, they are infamous for loading unnecessary crap on the phones. That was the first thing I did with my S3 was root it and debloat it. If you want an Android with no bloatware, get a Nexus.

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab S Review
    I am a Apple lover but after seeing the review of Samsung Galaxy Tab S in two sizes 10.5 and 8.4-inches I won’t mind to use them. I am really impressed by its features.