Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: T-Mobile Reduces Price of iPads
04-10-2014, 02:51 PM #1
T-Mobile Reduces Price of iPads
Big news from T-Mobile on Thursday. The "un-carrier" announced that it will offer - for a limited-time - a $130 discount on a new 4G LTE iPad Air and iPad with Retina display.
The fourth-largest wireless carrier says if you’re stuck on Wi-Fi, you can now come to T-Mobile and upgrade to a 4G LTE-enabled model for "nothing down and pay no more than you’d pay for the cheaper Wi-Fi-only model," with any postpaid activation on a 1GB or more mobile internet plan.
There's no annual service contract, the company says.
For example, pay the Wi-Fi price of $499 instead of $630 for the 4G LTE-enabled 16GB iPad Air. Or pay the Wi-Fi price of $200 instead of $312 for the 4G LTE Samsung Tab 3. Voice customers adding the 1GB tablet plan for free for the rest of 2014 also fully qualify for these reduced prices.
04-11-2014, 07:15 AM #2
You missed some very important parts of the announcement that I think make this offer even more enticing... for the first time, I'm actually finding myself thinking about getting a tablet.
1) Every T-Mobile LTE tablet already came with 200MB of free data... so buying the required 1GB plan to get the massive discount actually gets you 1.2GB, which is kinda nice to note you actually get that extra 20%.
2) If you have a current voice postpaid plan, you get the tablet at the discount AND they'll make your 1GB plan FREE until the end of 2014, plus the free 200MB allotment, which is pretty damn sweet.
3) T-Mobile never charges for overage - they'll just slow you to 2G speed until the next bill cycle, unless you choose to pay for temporary reactivation of 4G speeds. So you can test the waters of how much data you actually need without any real risk of unexpected charges.
4) With the postpaid plan, you can finance the unit over 24 months at 0%, so you pay around $21/month. There's not even a down payment on the 16GB model, even today at the higher price it's $27/mo. It's kinda nice not to have to pay for an iPad all upfront, they're expensive buggers.
5) The discount doesn't actually start until 4/12 - so don't show up too early, wait til tomorrow.
Also, does anyone else find it awesome how John Legere phrases things? I think it's badass that he refers to his competition as "Big Blue, Bad Red, or Bumbling Yellow" in a press release.
04-11-2014, 10:16 AM #3
04-11-2014, 10:08 PM #4