Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Office for iPad Hits 12 Million Downloads Just One Week After its Debut

Thanks

Default Microsoft Office for iPad Hits 12 Million Downloads Just One Week After its Debut

Microsoft recently announced Office for iPad downloads hitting the 12 million mark after just one week of availability. This illustrates pent-up demand for an iPad port of the software giant’s productivity suite. After its highly-anticipated debut last week, the Microsoft for iPad app has collectively accounted for 12 million downloads according to a tweet from Microsoft’s dedicated Office handle.

The Office suite including Microsoft Word for iPad, Microsoft Excel for iPad and Microsoft PowerPoint for iPad rocketed to the top of Apple’s iOS App Store charts one day after launch. Currently, the apps stand as the top 3 of the iPad App Store’s free app rankings, with the go-along Microsoft OneNote for iPad sitting in sixth.

For those of you who didn’t already know, Microsoft’s new iPad apps are “freemium” offerings as each requires an in-app subscription purchase to unlock full software capabilities. For Office, users can view documents for free, but need to have an Office 365 subscription to make edits.

Just like other apps distributed through the iOS App Store, Microsoft Office is subject to Apple’s usual 30% cut of in-app purchases. With Office 365 prices pegged at $99 per year or $9.99 per month, combined with the large number of downloads, Office for iPad apps are among the top grossing titles in the App Store.

Have you used the Microsoft for iPad suite?

Source: Microsoft (Twitter)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This should not be a freemium app. I rather pay upfront for it. Too expensive. Ripoff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (04-03-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Silly sheep...downloading MS Office when you can have OpenOffice for FREE on your PC forever....
    AND it converts or keeps files in the format you they were created!

Shows how Microsoft Office is the de facto Office solution in business, OpenOffice and iWorks can't compete with Microsoft

How many are actually using it, or have subscriptions? I would bet tons of them were just like me. They saw the “free download” in a story or in the app store, downloaded, found out you can’t do crap with it, then immediately deleted it.

Touting 12 million downloads for this is pointless. Tell us how many new 365 subscribers you got as a result. That’s the real story! Of course they won’t because it’s probably almost nothing in comparison.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

LittleGod (04-07-2014), szr (04-04-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Shows how Microsoft Office is the de facto Office solution in business, OpenOffice and iWorks can't compete with Microsoft
    I used to think like you, and I even had Microsoft Office Professional , when I was in the IT business. But once I found out that Open Office can do everything that MS Office does AND it is free, I switched. Let's not forget about the ENDLESS updates for problems and security patches that were developed, not to mention, the amouint of disk space required to run it! Open Office DOES COMPETE with MS Office!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

lol 12million yet how many pirated it..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    QuickOffice is the best and it is much better than Microsoft.

you just have to buy the App and nothing more...

Google docs is free and does most of what the majority of people need. And it'll convert docs into different formats.

12 million downloads, but what does that translate into active users, or even new 365 subscribers.

Most people downloaded multiple apps, and there are 4. I'd say most downloaded at least 2, so cut 12 to 6 million.

How many people actually used the apps? Probably very few since you need a subscription. I'd say they'd be lucky if it was a million.

then how many are new 365 subscribers; the only real number that matter to Ms in terms of revenue. I'd say very few since people aren't going to get a subscription just because it's on iPad. but i'll be generate and say half the active users.

That leaves about maybe 500k new subscribers, if they're really lucky. But since they have chosenb to not make that public, I'm guessing whatever it is, it was disappointing to them since they chose not to say.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Omg! Y'all really hate Microsoft huh?

I got it....but screw paying for it. I'll use Documents2go. Works just as well and I don't have to pay for a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    12 million downloads, but what does that translate into active users, or even new 365 subscribers.

Most people downloaded multiple apps, and there are 4. I'd say most downloaded at least 2, so cut 12 to 6 million.

How many people actually used the apps? Probably very few since you need a subscription. I'd say they'd be lucky if it was a million.

then how many are new 365 subscribers; the only real number that matter to Ms in terms of revenue. I'd say very few since people aren't going to get a subscription just because it's on iPad. but i'll be generate and say half the active users.

That leaves about maybe 500k new subscribers, if they're really lucky. But since they have chosenb to not make that public, I'm guessing whatever it is, it was disappointing to them since they chose not to say.
    Your assumptious mathematical skills are frightening.

I downloaded and then subscribed. Very happy so far

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Annnnnnnnd nobody bought an office 365 subscription resulting in 12 million deleted apps.