+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft (Finally) Debuts Office for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Following years of rumors and protracted product launch delays, Microsoft has finally unveiled Office for iPad. Moments ago, Microsoft's new CEO Satya Nadella did the honors in his first press
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Microsoft (Finally) Debuts Office for iPad

Following years of rumors and protracted product launch delays, Microsoft has finally unveiled Office for iPad.

Moments ago, Microsoft's new CEO Satya Nadella did the honors in his first press conference for a major product launch as CEO of the company.

As expected, Office for iPad delivers all the goodies you might expect - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. But here's the best part. It will be available for download at no charge (yes, it's free) from the Apple App Store beginning today. However, there is limited use of the freemium package. You'll need an Office 365 subscription to enjoy the robust full package of bells and whistles (like the ability to edit).

Surprising to some, Microsoft decided to launch its iPad Office suite before the touch-first version of Office lands on Windows 8. But we're told that Office for iPad was a total labor of love, as it was built "from the ground up" to ensure the best performance possible on Apple's tablet.

Sources: Microsoft, USA Today

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It will be available for download at no charge (yes, it's free) from the Apple App Store wait for it here it comes ................ However, there is limited use of the freemium package. You'll need an Office 365 subscription to enjoy the robust full package of bells and whistles (like the ability to edit).thats better
    so really the only thing free is the download if you want to use it cough up the cash.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What a joke! M$ blows it again. Such an epic fail!
    Last edited by Perceptum; 03-27-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

Jokers!!! I suppose it's ok if you have a 365 package already but this really should just be a one off price.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So..Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are $9.99 each (or even free if you qualified)...to keep forever, with device syncing and cloud editing.. But yet, Office is $99 a year? Are you kidding?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jozelito617's Avatar
    Thanks

Retarded office MS . I rather used my "notes" app, the end

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jozelito617 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (03-27-2014)

Thanks

This is a joke!! One off price model should've been applied here, dumb MS!!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quick books is like that to

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    It will be available for download at no charge (yes, it's free) from the Apple App Store wait for it here it comes ................ However, there is limited use of the freemium package. You'll need an Office 365 subscription to enjoy the robust full package of bells and whistles (like the ability to edit).thats better
    so really the only thing free is the download if you want to use it cough up the cash.
    My guess is it will be a "read-only" app. So you can download the app and view documents for free, but editing (and probably even saving) is out.

With that said, keep an eye on the jailbreak community...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kenjari's Avatar
    Thanks

This is garbage. I'm a fan of Office, but only thing Microsoft did was observe Pages, Numbers, Presentation as a standard, mimic the features and released their version of suite. There is nothing unique about Office.

If they gonna release something like this they have to blow the competition out the water, than incrementally upgrade from there.

They aint getting my $99 dollars this year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny how the same crowd gets on people for downloading cracked apps and is all for paying developers for their time to develop apps and tweaks. Then complain about paying Microsoft for an office suite of applications. They paid a lot of people to work on this for a long time.
    If you want to use Office you have to pay to use it just like everyone else, no matter what platform or device. I'll get my $10 a month use out of it and I rather pay monthly then hundreds upfront.
    In truth MS doesn't care if you prefer pages, or what ever you use, company's and corporations all around the world use Office. So they will bank when IT departments implement and roll this out for iPad. Now we need Outlook!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    It's funny how the same crowd gets on people for downloading cracked apps and is all for paying developers for their time to develop apps and tweaks. Then complain about paying Microsoft for an office suite of applications. They paid a lot of people to work on this for a long time.
    If you want to use Office you have to pay to use it just like everyone else, no matter what platform or device. I'll get my $10 a month use out of it and I rather pay monthly then hundreds upfront.
    In truth MS doesn't care if you prefer pages, or what ever you use, company's and corporations all around the world use Office. So they will bank when IT departments implement and roll this out for iPad. Now we need Outlook!
    Ummmm I'm pretty sure EVERYONE here said they would pay! Even if it was a one off payment.

Thanks

I'd pay for it once! Especially with a single app option. Many don't have any use for the entire suite. In fact, I bet they'd do well to have a Multi level model including a Word, ppt or excel purchase option, a discount for the three together, and for the organizational option, 365 subscriptions! Yaaaayyyyyy!!! Then they could get something from every corner of the potential office market. But, no, they want to try and claim all or nothing, just like with only offering office with the surface...that worked well! 😯 I know, let's charge about the cost of the full lower suite once a year...that'll work too!!! But wait, there's more! Let's only allow syncing with OUR cloud service. We can set the hook, then they'll come begging to use our hardware!!!😂

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like a bunch of whinny babies in here. I used office on iPad and I must say it's by far the best there is. Far better than iWorks

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Microsoft Office needs to become irrelevant...

Open Source Office Suites have ruined the cash gravy train that Microsoft so heavily depended upon for profits.

Screw Microsoft and their greedy gigantic corporation business models.

Let the future belong to the smaller cap companies that bring forth true innovation which gives people real software choices and continue to break the death-star grip that Microsoft's software once had on the world of computing.

R.I.P Microsoft!