Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPads Turning Up In Staples Stores

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default iPads Turning Up In Staples Stores

Apple's new iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display have begun turning up at Staples stores across the U.S.

Last year, as MMi previously reported, Staples began accepting online orders for Apple's iPad, but this is the first we've heard of the products turning up for purchase in brick-and-mortar outlets.

For now, it appears that Staples will only stock two tablet products in stores - the new iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display. Any and all previous-generation models will not be available for purchase in-store at Staples.

Sources tell CNET today that Staples customers also "can score as much as $300 by trading in an older iPad and earn 5 percent back in rewards credits." It should be noted, however, that not all Staples locations across the U.S. are currently stocking the iPad lineup.

Although the iPod and a wide range of Apple accessories can be found at Staples, the iPhone is still not authorized for purchase, but the retailer reportedly wants to get a piece of the smartphone action in the near future assuming Apple is willing to play ball.

Source: CNET

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Ethylene (01-09-2014)

This is interesting. I wouldn't though trade in my current iPad just to upgrade to some device with minor additions, complete bollocks nor would I ever purchase anything electronic from Staples.