+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Upcoming iPad to Feature 2K Display and Eye Tracking Technology

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's Upcoming iPad to Feature 2K Display and Eye Tracking Technology

Apple will reportedly be releasing a hybrid iPad/Macbook named the iPad Pro. According to reports, the iPad Pro will be combining the functionalities of the much-loved iPad line with the popular MacBook Pro series. Apple is said to focus on a 12-inch tablet while the rest of its competitors focus on production of 7- and 8- models. Additional information reveals that the company will include eye tracking and 2K display.

Whereas most tech companies feel that there is no more room for bigger tablets, Apple will be focusing on the production of a 12.9-inch tablet. The iPad Air proves to be one step closer to bringing the functionalities of a laptop to a tablet. If not, Apple would not have named it after one of its more popular products, the MacBook Air, according to a report. Apple’s move on the Air means its growing interest over combining its line of products. The company has been one of the latest to adopt the “hybrid” concept. Foxconn suggests that Apple will release the professional tablet for a winter or spring release.

Reported features of the device include a 2K display and eye tracking. The 2K display will be the first version and then another version with a 4K display will come as a later iteration of the device. There are also reports stating that Apple will remove the Retina technology from its next line of iPads. Though the latest iPads appear stunning, they are still short in resolution compared to more affordable competitors such as Amazon’s Kindle Fire HDX. This is the primary reason why analysts think Apple will do away with Retina and just increase resolution instead.

For now, we’ll just have to wait patiently for an official announcement from the company to learn more about the finer details.

Source: International Business Times

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here we go again... Another article written by someone with no real facts or information just "reported" or "sources" unnamed with no real info to share.

So yea obviously Apple has to release an ipad, an iphone, and usually 1 other device every year with upgraded guts. We all know this already it isn't a news story. The part that bothers me is the speculation of changing their resolution. They have gone this far with retina display and now are falling behind because they don't want to go wide screen or a higher resolution because then every app in the app store would need to be rewritten to support the change in resolution. We saw it with the iphone 5 and understandably that is the only option at this point.

remember going from your big square tv to widescreen? you felt like you lost a lot of screen real estate when you actually were getting a better picture. Well the Surface gives you a 10.6" screen that feels like the ipad mini compared to the ipad. If Apple goes widescreen then they better have at least 11" screen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos6438 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (01-02-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I can definitely see the "pro" line(s) getting 4k while the others get retina. I would be perfectly happy with an iMac and MacBook Air with retina displays.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple can call their new iPad whatever they want, but as long as iOS doesn't offer windowing apps like on a desktop operating system, the iPad will remain a toylike device best for consumption, not professional production.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Retina is just a marketing term. It doesn't have specific specs that it has to meet besides being "to small for the naked eye to see." They will still call it Retina and increase the resolution or come up with something newer.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,196 Times in 3,337 Posts

The question that really matters:

What OS will it use ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

"we’ll just have to wait patiently for an official announcement from the company"

Isn't this true for EVERY product that Apple releases? Rumors abound constantly and then we find the factual information each time Apple has a release event. It is always worth a good chuckle when people get disappointed because the actual product didn't live up to the rumored product.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

OMG! When I should stop buying apple products

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    The question that really matters:

What OS will it use ?
    WebOs

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandyTG View Post
    Isn't this true for EVERY product that Apple releases? Rumors abound constantly and then we find the factual information each time Apple has a release event. It is always worth a good chuckle when people get disappointed because the actual product didn't live up to the rumored product.
    I can see this happening though, it is very like Apple to release sub par item first then release something that they should have done months later. Like the retina display on iPad and iPad mini now they do it with 2K instead of 4k...
    Luckily I don't care much about Apple stuff anymore, the hype is gone my iPad is gathering dust right now and so is my AppleTV.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 845 Posts

The eye-tracking is what really caught my eye. No pun intended.

Imagine scrolling down a page or even controlling a game character or aiming a cursor just by looking to one side of the screen or the other.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (01-02-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    What OS will it use ?
    Obviously to incorporating all this will require a new iOS, most likely iOS 8

Better question is when is Apple going to force all the app company to support 2K and then later 4k...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

Imagine scrolling down a page or even controlling a game character or aiming a cursor just by looking to one side of the screen or the other.
    uhhh sounds familiar like Samsung S4 where it tracks eye movements, look away it pauses video play etc etc...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Think the NSA will start watching what you watch?!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There's no way they will increase size.. People love the ipad size as is, the only truth I could see to this is the "iPad Pro" that sounds real and so does the idea of making it more hardware and software capable. I imagine before it would actually be considered a computer lineup would be in a couple years. I can't imagine anyone with the mindset of upgrading ipads with new ram or anything, like you would with a computer, for at least 5 years

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

From what I've heard this hasn't worked well for the android phone or tablet that has it. I think it would be difficult to make it reliable , intuitive, and natural. What I imagine is getting dizzy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Apple can call their new iPad whatever they want, but as long as iOS doesn't offer windowing apps like on a desktop operating system, the iPad will remain a toylike device best for consumption, not professional production.
    Don't be so hasty. It's not professional for you, (and maybe many others). But if it offers exactly whaty somebody needs to get their work done then it maybe better than a desktop OS.
    The worlds best tools, (for a specific task), are NOT ones that multitask. They are ones designed to do one, (or a very small number of things), well. So what if you have a highly specced machine, doesn't necessarily make it better for John Doe than a cheaper one with half the functions.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

LittleGod (01-04-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm confused: 1536 x 2048 = 3.15K. This report is suggesting Apple will lower the resolution? That's odd. I'm not buying it.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It is becoming harder and harder to quit the habit of buying app products. These days there is an app for everything you can imagine. Many excited entrepreneurs begin investigating*mobile app development*costs and timelines prior to knowing if the app they wish to develop already exists.