+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Trade-Ins Exploded Over Holiday Weekend

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Black Friday was a big Friday for iPad trade-ins through Gazelle. According to published reports this morning, iPad trade-ins jumped 175 percent over the long holiday shopping weekend. Gazelle believes
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default iPad Trade-Ins Exploded Over Holiday Weekend

Black Friday was a big Friday for iPad trade-ins through Gazelle. According to published reports this morning, iPad trade-ins jumped 175 percent over the long holiday shopping weekend.

Gazelle believes the upgraders were primarily looking for extra cash in exchange for their old models. The company sees this as a positive sign that the iPad will be one of the best-selling tech gadgets of the holiday season.

The interest observed in the trade-in market similarly reflects the strong interest retailers witnessed in stores last weekend. Localytics closely studied the weekly growth during the Black Friday weekend, as compared to the previous weekend. And based on this research, 51% more new iPad Air devices were sold than the previous week.

Many industry analysts believe Apple will enjoy blockbuster sales for its iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display in the coming weeks, giving Apple a clear shot at a new quarterly sales record for its popular line of touchscreen tablets.

Source: Apple Insider

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 704 Posts

Gazelle wanted $160 for my iPad 2. Sold it for $240 on eBay.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Gazelle wanted $160 for my iPad 2. Sold it for $240 on eBay.
    Not surprising. They aren't going to keep them. They want to turn around and sell them as well. Same principle of the used car dealer buying your car.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to quidam_brujah For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,624 Times in 2,558 Posts

Yea but 3 weeks ago I took my iPad 1 to target and got 200$ trade in value towards a new iPad. Gazelle only offered me 80$. Point is. You have to take a good deal when it arrives. Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    after fee needs to be paid to eBay and shipping $240 turns to be for seller about $200 or less. IMO $160 is better through Gazelle then $200 via eBay just because of less headache.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They must be making a fortune!!

Thanks

I think we have ALL done it on a small level. I have been buying and selling iPhones since 2007. iPhones = CASH. Ask the thieves that steal them daily. Gazelle's only expense is paying to retrieve the phone. All profit after that. I would rather sell on Craigslist in a public place and get maximum profits. Lets not forget you have to pay Ebay for helping you sell it :]