Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Helps to Drive Tablet Shipments Past Mobile PCs in 2013

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default iPad Helps to Drive Tablet Shipments Past Mobile PCs in 2013

2013 is a banner year for tablet shipments, says Strategy Analytics, which credits red-hot products like Apple's iPad for achieving this once-unimaginable feat.

Strategy Analytics estimates that tablets will ship in higher volumes than mobile PCs for the full calendar year. The report, “Mobile Computing Device Cannibalization: The Game Has Changed”, is forecasting that shipments of tablets in 2013 will reach 231 million.

In comparison, only 186 million Mobile PCs will have been shipped in 2013 by the end of next month. The trend of tablets out-performing mobile PC shipments is expected to continue through 2017.

“The tablet has become firmly ingrained in the consumer mindset, and is now seen as one of the key go-to devices for consumers who want to undertake computing tasks on a mobile device.” explains Matt Wilkins, Director of Tablets and Wearables for Strategy Analytics.

“As a result,” Wilkins concludes, “the processors architectures, operating systems, and form factor of the tablet are playing dominant roles in the MCD space.”

Source: Strategy Analytics

Banned
    Thanks

I'm sorry but for me there's just way too much I can do on my laptop that no tablet can even come close to doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I'm sorry but for me there's just way too much I can do on my laptop that no tablet can even come close to doing.
    For the average user, a computer is overkill. The average user uses, email, browser, photos, music, video chat, video streaming, social media, and non graphic intensive gaming. All of which you can do perfectly well and sometimes better on a tablet.