+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Releases Its Own Commercial Which Mocks the iPad Air

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Amazon Releases Its Own Commercial Which Mocks the iPad Air

Joining Microsoft among others in mocking Apple’s iPad, Amazon releases its new Kindle Fire HDX commercial which touts several features of its flagship tablet. In the commercial Amazon’s fake Jony Ive and his American accented counterpart take note of the Kindle Fire’s 20% difference in weight, a million more pixels separating the Kindle Fire display from the Air and the difference in cost of $379 compared to $499 for their respective 16 GB capacities.

Although some may find it harsh in its effort to mock a figure as well known as Jony Ive, others aren’t bothered by it and can even see it being laughable. With all things considered, Amazon seems to be fighting a fair fight and creating a parody if one of the many ways to go about doing that. It’s at least a better alternative to Microsoft’s “Scroogled” campaign where the company continues to play on the NSA-style fear and convince people that Google is watching over any move made on their platform.

Those of you interested in watching the commercial can do so below:

What do you think of Amazon’s commercial?

Source: Amazon (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

I honestly just believe this just resembles more immaturity on the companies part. You rarely ever see apple mocking and making fun of other companies products. But as soon as Apple comes out with a new device, every other company just bashes on it

Thanks

What's really funny is that the iPad guy hardly sounds like Jony Ive, but the Kindle one sounds almost exactly like one of the other Apple higher-ups that are always in the videos with Ive. I can't remember his name.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinf1119 View Post
    I honestly just believe this just resembles more immaturity on the companies part. You rarely ever see apple mocking and making fun of other companies products. But as soon as Apple comes out with a new device, every other company just bashes on it
    When you have nothing worth advertising all you have left is attempting to put down the competition. It's immature and makes me want the product less.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

This is why these products are failing. Don't show us what the other product can't do, show us what your product can do and why that matters to us. This kind of ad won't convince anyone to buy amazon's tablet.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    When you have nothing worth advertising all you have left is attempting to put down the competition. It's immature and makes me want the product less.
    One of two things have happened here, (and by the way I've just bought a Retina Mini - and that's with it being side by side and significantly cheaper than the Apple offering);
    1. You two have a very short memory, or......
    2. You two are to young to remember, 'I'm a Mac and I'm a PC'.

Having said that maybe Apple were immature and have now grown up, should everyone be allowed to be immature when they are new?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    One of two things have happened here, (and by the way I've just bought a Retina Mini - and that's with it being side by side and significantly cheaper than the Apple offering);
    1. You two have a very short memory, or......
    2. You two are to young to remember, 'I'm a Mac and I'm a PC'.

Having said that maybe Apple were immature and have now grown up, should everyone be allowed to be immature when they are new?
    Here is the difference. In the Mac vs PC commercials they explained why the Mac was better in a humorous way. Also at the time that Mac market share was next to nothing compared to Windows. These Windows tablet and Android tablet commercials aren't funny, and most of them are just designed to falsely inform the consumer.

You have to admit when Vista came out with user account control the "Cancel or allow" Mac vs PC commercial was hilarious.

As for the Kindle being lighter, it's also a smaller screen. Imagine that, 20% lighter and a 22% smaller screen.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 12-03-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Although similar to Microsoft's ad, this is a right move on Amazon's side, since most people nowadays have been totally ignoring Kindle as they think it simply as an e-reader, not a general purpose tablet. This ad will make people curious and research again, thus successfully gain better public awareness for Kindle.

In another word, the comparison method is not always bad in advertising, it is a good move when your product's fame is TOO MUCH lower than the one you are comparing with and when your product isn't really that much worse.
    Last edited by tongxinshe; 12-03-2013 at 12:21 PM.