+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Suppliers Reportedly Begin Production of a 12.9-inch Retina Display for an "iPad Pro"

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Suppliers Reportedly Begin Production of a 12.9-inch Retina Display for an "iPad Pro"

An official from an Apple display supplier in Korea recently told The Korea Times that production of a 12.9-inch Retina Display to be used in the next-gen iPad is now underway, with the tablet’s release set for early next year. The report states that the 12.9-inch iPad will have an improved display nearing ultra-high definition (UHD) quality. The specs point toward a significantly bigger display which would contain many more pixels than Apple’s current 9.7-inch iPad Air. The following was mentioned regarding the matter:

“Apple’s local first-tier display supplier is now producing a 12.9-inch Retina Display to be used in the new iPad, which will be coming out sometime early next year,” an official at a local Apple supplier in Korea told The Korea Times by telephone Tuesday.

...“The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD,” said the official.
    For those of you who have been following Apple news, you probably already know that reports of a 12.9-inch iPad have surfaced occasionally throughout the past couple of months. Previously publications such as The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple and its suppliers had begun testing screens for a 12.9-inch iPad and a larger iPhone. Supply chain research done by NPD DisplaySearch also suggested that a 12.9-inch iPad was set to debut next year, though the report didn’t specify when exactly the tablet would be released. However, KGU Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo countered reports about a larger iPad in a research note last month, stating that he expects the company will instead release a new sixth-generation 9.7-inch iPad with 30%-40% higher pixel density than Apple’s current iPad line.

Apple recently released the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display earlier this month, with the latter experiencing several supply constraints. A new larger-sized iPad would expand the lineup to encompass three sizes, making it highly unlikely.

Source: The Korea Times

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want a 42" ipad max

4325811507_9d963f8778_z.jpg

Thanks

ok. What else will it have?? OS X???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This felt like a very strange comment tacked on the end: "A new larger-sized iPad would expand the lineup to encompass three sizes, making it highly unlikely."?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

If I'm getting a 13" iPad I might as well get a Mac. Oh wait, I already do! Seriously Fapple? That's just pathetic.