+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retina iPad mini Now Available for Purchase

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
On Tuesday, Apple officially opened sales for its new second generation iPad Mini with Retina display. As of this writing, the device is available both online and in stores. Although
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Retina iPad mini Now Available for Purchase Online

On Tuesday, Apple officially opened sales for its new second generation iPad Mini with Retina display.

As of this writing, the device is available both online and in stores.

Although supplies are said to be intensely limited, Wi-Fi models with 16GB or 32GB of storage are seeing impressive shipping times. New orders placed online are seeing shipping times of 1 to 3 business days.

The 64GB and 128GB models, however, have a shipping time of 5 to 10 business days.

It's important to note, per Apple's confirmation, that NONE of the iPad mini with Retina display models are available for in-store pickup.

As anticipated, pricing starts at $399 for Wi-Fi models and $529 with 4G LTE. The price jumps $100 for each higher-grade model with additional storage capacity.

Source: Apple

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

novadam (11-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How are they available to buy in stores but not available for in store pickup?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apart from the retina display that is insignificant on such a small screen, what is there that makes it worth the upgrade! NOTHING MUCH

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

BOOM. 128gb space gray T-Mobile ORDERED. omg psyched.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wow almost eight hours late with this news!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanonX For This Useful Post:

*T* (11-12-2013), Silverado1987 (11-12-2013)

Thanks

Yeah..i'll pass. I bought and sold the first one about 2 months after purchase. Needing a device is one thing. Having a company convince me i need a device is another. If you want it buy it..if not..wait for the next big thing i guess.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

to be fair, you don't really need *any* device. I went the first 30ish years of my life w/o a cell phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Here's my thing:
    The specs between the second gen mini and the iPad Air are the exact same (other than the screen size/ppi), but they differ in price by 100 bucks. WTF?

Why even look at the Air if the Mini can pretty much offer the same things in a slightly smaller package...
    Apple should have offered more RAM or other items to the Air for more 'bang for your buck'
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CanonX View Post
    More like just completely wrong without checking their facts then just posting again later like it never happened...lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CanonX View Post
    yeah me too. i just ordered a silver 32gb, but now deciding between the gray lol. i hate being indecisive!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Here's my thing:
    The specs between the second gen mini and the iPad Air are the exact same (other than the screen size/ppi), but they differ in price by 100 bucks. WTF?

Why even look at the Air if the Mini can pretty much offer the same things in a slightly smaller package...
    Apple should have offered more RAM or other items to the Air for more 'bang for your buck'
    I had the mini and it was just too small, the iPad was just a bit too big to carry everywhere without just feeling like you were carrying around a tablet. The iPad air while slightly smaller is smaller in where it needed to be. I love my Ipad air and got my girl one as we'll and sold her mini. Best choice so far out of all the upgrades over the years.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos6438 For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (11-12-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos6438 View Post
    I had the mini and it was just too small, the iPad was just a bit too big to carry everywhere without just feeling like you were carrying around a tablet. The iPad air while slightly smaller is smaller in where it needed to be. I love my Ipad air and got my girl one as we'll and sold her mini. Best choice so far out of all the upgrades over the years.
    i had to go to the apple store to compare both sizes. while i look both the air and mini, i'll have to test out the mini for a bit and see how i like it. i use my ipad mainly for entertainment purposes, so I'm sure it'll fit my needs well. if I decide to go bigger, I can always sell it and get some extra cash and buy the air. either way i win lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Apart from the retina display that is insignificant on such a small screen, what is there that makes it worth the upgrade! NOTHING MUCH
    I think you're confusing the mini with the space between your ears.

Be gone, troll!

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Here's my thing:

Some people like bigger screens? I do, for one.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (11-12-2013), King_O_Hill (11-12-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    to be fair, you don't really need *any* device. I went the first 30ish years of my life w/o a cell phone.
    Ya I bet your can't live without your cell phone now huh?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos6438 View Post
    I agree 100%,the mini is too small I love the size of my air

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Ya I bet your can't live without your cell phone now huh?
    sure I can. I just got a 4G mini w/retina =P

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Read this: http://modmyi.com/content/12786-new-ipad-mini-retina-display-about-5x-faster-than-original-ipad-mini.html

And WEEP!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i was able to get one today. i got for in store pickup.. i called my local apple store and the rep told me that they are selling them online for in store pickup with no walk ins. I asked what time to check availability and she said try sometime after 1pm. sure enough. i checked at 115 and i was able to order on my iphone. on my way to pick it up now after work! screw waiting for shipment i got mine today!!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,087 Times in 5,482 Posts

If a retina display is insignificant on small screens, then why use them on phones???
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (11-12-2013), novadam (11-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bwhitaker3 View Post
    How are they available to buy in stores but not available for in store pickup?
    It was the same for the iPhone(s). You could get one if you physically went to the store but you couldn't order one online and pick it up later.