+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Foxconn Commissioned to Build Bigger iPad for Release in 2014

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Despite the recent refresh of its market leading iPhones and iPads, Apple's attention is still focused squarely on the future. And based on new reports out of China today, the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Report: Foxconn Commissioned to Build Bigger iPad for Release in 2014

Despite the recent refresh of its market leading iPhones and iPads, Apple's attention is still focused squarely on the future. And based on new reports out of China today, the focus has also turned to 2014 for the company's top manufacturing partners.

The chatter we're hearing is that Foxconn has been commissioned by Apple to commence a test production run of what is only being described as a larger-screened iPad. If today's report is accurate, we may see this larger-than-ever iPad next year.

Industry sources confess that the rumored 12.9 inch iPad won't be kept under wraps until next October, however. In fact, we could see it as early as spring, perhaps during the month of March.

Then again, as Ubergizmo's Adnan Farooqui astutely said today, Apple "might simply be experimenting with a number of display sizes for its popular tablet, experiments that in no way change the display size of the iPad it releases next year."

Stay tuned.

Sources: Padnews, Ubergizmo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Holy moly! How much would that cost?!

Thanks

Love my Apple products but I cannot justify an iPad purchase beyond iPad 2 and mini. Nothing revolutionary in a chrome rim and faster processor. Thinner and lighter is not mind blowing. Im hoping a Pro model drops with OS X. I'd even take an older version, at least it would have the Office Suite I need for work :]

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Yeah I'm curious if their rivaling against the surface

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Love my Apple products but I cannot justify an iPad purchase beyond iPad 2 and mini. Nothing revolutionary in a chrome rim and faster processor. Thinner and lighter is not mind blowing. Im hoping a Pro model drops with OS X. I'd even take an older version, at least it would have the Office Suite I need for work :]
    We understand you would like OSX on the iPad. Why do you keep reiterating the same message on every MMI post about the iPad?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What is revolutionary in your mind? Having more speed and better performance will using less power isn't important to you? If you want a full blown computer, buy a MacBook. Apple should not go the way Microsoft did with combining the OS with the tablet. At least not yet anyways.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    What is revolutionary in your mind? Having more speed and better performance will using less power isn't important to you? If you want a full blown computer, buy a MacBook. Apple should not go the way Microsoft did with combining the OS with the tablet. At least not yet anyways.
    What is revolutionary? Never having to charge it again. Built in projector. Edge to edge when watching videos. 100x processor power.
    40x zoom 40 mega Pixel camera. Waterproof/dust proof, unbreakable, unscratchable. I'm not sure what else but that is for guys like Steve Jobs to come up with.

Thanks

I want an ipad I can wear!😝

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

They better up the ante on their screens. Kindle HDX beat them out in screen tests.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I agree a pro version would be awesome but can you imagine how much they will ask for such a thing! You might as well buy a macbook pro for what I reckon they'd ask for an iPad Pro.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    What is revolutionary? Never having to charge it again. Built in projector. Edge to edge when watching videos. 100x processor power.
    40x zoom 40 mega Pixel camera. Waterproof/dust proof, unbreakable, unscratchable. I'm not sure what else but that is for guys like Steve Jobs to come up with.
    Built in projector? Ask yourself why. Also how much battery is it gonna use. What's the or practicality in it?

What phone has edge to edge and how are cases involved if they can't hug the sides of the phone?

Never having to charge it again lol
    I understand that would be cool but it's not going to happen.

40 megapixel camera doesn't exist on a smartphone. The lumia isn't 40 pixels. It takes good photos but it uses software to zoom in that much.

Unbreakable? Businesses lose money for that.

Unscratchable is a great thing to shoot for in revolutionary.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Theres an app called parallels that runs your osx apps on your iPad. Its by far the best app of its type & the apps run just as fast on my iPad as any of the other apps. It genuinely feels like your running osx on an iPad. The only downside is it costs $80 per year to use

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Yeah I'm curious if their rivaling against the surface
    nope, against the company that's about to pass them in tablet sales. Samsung has had a greater-than-10 inch tablet in the works now for about a year and a half now--in fact, apple probably decided to do it since they had knowledge of Samsung's efforts for quite some time now.

apple also decided on an HD iPad after getting wind of Samsung's super hi res Galaxy Tabs.

11.8-inch Galaxy Tab with above 1080p display revealed in court docs

here's one from nearly 2 years ago.

Samsung May Announce 11.6-inch Galaxy Tab - Business Insider

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    They better up the ante on their screens. Kindle HDX beat them out in screen tests.
    interesting seeing how apple got the idea for an HD iPad in the first place from Samsung.

Samsung 2560x1600 Tablet LCD Paves Way for iPad Retina Display - Mac Rumors

Samsung Producing a 12-inch HD Super-Tablet - News - Trusted Reviews
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 11-05-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool... Finally Apple plasma TV... Just what we needed... Apple is everything about just size now. Bigger, smaller, smaller bigger, bigger bigger and smaller smaller. Come on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    nope, against the company that's about to pass them in tablet sales. Samsung has had a greater-than-10 inch tablet in the works now for about a year and a half now--in fact, apple probably decided to do it since they had knowledge of Samsung's efforts for quite some time now.

apple also decided on an HD iPad after getting wind of Samsung's super hi res Galaxy Tabs.

11.8-inch Galaxy Tab with above 1080p display revealed in court docs

here's one from nearly 2 years ago.

Samsung May Announce 11.6-inch Galaxy Tab - Business Insider

interesting seeing how apple got the idea for an HD iPad in the first place from Samsung.

Samsung 2560x1600 Tablet LCD Paves Way for iPad Retina Display - Mac Rumors

Samsung Producing a 12-inch HD Super-Tablet - News - Trusted Reviews
    I don't know, Jon. Apple came out w/ Retina display which changed the smartphone screen-spec market. Natural progression assumed that it'd end up on the iPad. I can't see your point as being a valid argument.

Regarding screen size, yes, I'll agree they might've heard Samsung's development and so they're jumping on the band wagon.

Thanks

Regarding screen size, yes, I'll agree they might've heard Samsung's development and so they're jumping on the band wagon.
    I'll have to disagree here on the grounds that Apple still only has a 4" screen on their iPhones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    I'll have to disagree here on the grounds that Apple still only has a 4" screen on their iPhones.
    True-true

Banned
    Thanks

I don't know, Jon. Apple came out w/ Retina display which changed the smartphone screen-spec market. Natural progression assumed that it'd end up on the iPad. I can't see your point as being a valid argument.

"Natural progression" you make an excellent point. it just boggles my mind though when that progression by other OEMs is called copying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    up from 3.5" which they've had since the beginning. they didn't change it just to be changing it., they know 3.5" just doesn't cut it anymore. in fact, if all the rumors are true they'll be on the phablet band wagon next year which is a good thing.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 11-06-2013 at 11:55 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes, I soooooo want a 12"-14" iPad!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    "Natural progression" you make an excellent point. it just boggles my mind though when that progression by other OEMs is called copying.
    I don't consider it copying cuz that's what increases our technology. Samsung , Amazon and others had to compete w/ Retina displays and they've done a phenomenal job doing so.