Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile CEO Promises Everyone Gets 200 MB of Free iPad Data after a Recent Mix Up

Thanks

Default T-Mobile CEO Promises Everyone Gets 200 MB of Free iPad Data after a Recent Mix Up

In a recent tweet, T-Mobile CEO John Legere explained that an “executional mistake” caused some iPad Air buyers to see a $1- [er ,pmtj fee attached to their new tablets, contradicting the “uncarrier’s” announced offer of 200 MB of free data. Without going into detail, Legere assured customers that the promised 200 MB of data are indeed free to all customers, and said the issue would be rectified shortly.

According to several reports, many people were seeing the added $10 monthly charges, suggesting the issue lies with accounting methods and not meant to be seen by customers.

For those of you who didn’t know, shortly after Apple announced the iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini, T-Mobile announced plans to offer an unprecedented 200 MB of free data for the tablets. T-Mobile was the only carrier of the top four US telecoms to provide a free data tier, with AT&T charging $14.99 for a similar 250 MB per month. Sprint also has a $15 but offers substantially more data, coming in at 1 GB.

It should be noted that at least one model of T-Mobile’s cellular-capable iPads was the first to sell out with the Online Apple Store showing 5 to 10 day shipping estimates for the largest 128 GB space gray model.

Source: John Legere (Twitter)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

If I wanted an iPad Air from TMobile then I need to put $300 down and $250 deposit, bottom line unless u have perfect credit don't even go there

Default got one myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    If I wanted an iPad Air from TMobile then I need to put $300 down and $250 deposit, bottom line unless u have perfect credit don't even go there
    i went in, they gave me an iPad, then asked how many more i wanted...... from my understanding anyone over a 600 can get one easily.......

Well assuming its accurate this time around, ill definitely be doing this deal!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acbaldwi View Post
    i went in, they gave me an iPad, then asked how many more i wanted...... from my understanding anyone over a 600 can get one easily.......
    Right, I got one with no problem...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you currently need a voice plan? Because online it added a $10 on demand plan to my bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Or you could, like, you know, buy it. I never even considered anything but the cost of buying an LTE iPad out-right because there is no service contract when the data is free.
    Last edited by CZroe; 11-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (11-03-2013)

I have t-mobile cell phone service. I'm sure you're mostly aware, but t-mobile has really awful data service outside of big cities. Just keep that in mind as you're plopping down money on an iPad...

Quote Originally Posted by Ibaad View Post
    I have t-mobile cell phone service. I'm sure you're mostly aware, but t-mobile has really awful data service outside of big cities. Just keep that in mind as you're plopping down money on an iPad...
    That might actually matter if it were locked and there were a contract. It's not and the data is free. You can use it with any carrier you want and the free T-Mobile data is still icing on the cake.