Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Tablets Ranked Better than Apple's iPad in New J.D. Power Rankings

Thanks

Default Samsung Tablets Ranked Better than Apple's iPad in New J.D. Power Rankings

J.D. Power and Associates recently released a new study on tablet customer satisfaction, ranking Apple’s iPad second behind Samsung’s tablets for the first time, entirely on the basis of cost. The previous report released in April narrowly ranked iPad first ahead of Amazon, with Samsung, Asus and Acer all turning in scores below the rating firm’s “industry average.”

The recent report however, issued a volume two version of is tablet report, ranking Amazon’s Kindle well below average and putting Samsung on top by just a few points ahead of Apple (835 to 833 out of 1,000). In its report, J.D. Power said Apple’s iPad beat Samsung in performance, ease of use, physical design and in tablet features, ranking Samsung better solely in terms of cost. At the same time, the firm maintains that its study “measures satisfaction across five key factors (in order of importance): performance (26%); ease of operation (22%); styling and design (19%); features (17%); and cost (16%).”

Despite having a cost advantage along with regular promotions that give away tablets, Samsung continues to sell far fewer tablets than Apple. This is evident in Good’s enterprise rankings, which show 95% of business apps are for the iPad and 90% of devices used are iPads, as well as education figures showing a 94% adoption of Apple’s iPad over competing tablets.

Source: J.D. Power

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

That's interesting because Samsung is the last company I would buy a tablet from. Don't know how they think Samsung undermines Apple on price. Looking at Best Buy now, and last years model of the Galaxy Note 10.1 is being sold for $499. The only specs that it beats the iPad in is memory (32 vs 16 gigs) and the S-Pen. I guess you could count RAM (2 gigs vs 1 in iPad) but you know iPad utilizes that 1 gig very well.

Then you consider that the Galaxy Note 10.1 is a CHEAP build quality. Uses that gross greasy plastic, feels hollow and creeky in the back. Then theres the 1280x800 screen!? I am not even going to go into the app ecosystem. What I am getting at...if you pay $499 for last years' Galaxy Note 10.1 over the iPad, you are ripping yourself off.

The 2014 Galaxy Note 10.1 does correct all of those issues with the leather back, better screen, and increased specs. But you then need to cough up $50 more than the iPad for just 16 gigs. Just my 2 cents.

I think someone is high because the chart here and on JD Power from the link clear shows the iPad scoring higher in almost every category.

Quote Originally Posted by oneinfour View Post
    That's interesting because Samsung is the last company I would buy a tablet from. Don't know how they think Samsung undermines Apple on price. Looking at Best Buy now, and last years model of the Galaxy Note 10.1 is being sold for $499. The only specs that it beats the iPad in is memory (32 vs 16 gigs) and the S-Pen. I guess you could count RAM (2 gigs vs 1 in iPad) but you know iPad utilizes that 1 gig very well.

Then you consider that the Galaxy Note 10.1 is a CHEAP build quality. Uses that gross greasy plastic, feels hollow and creeky in the back. Then theres the 1280x800 screen!? I am not even going to go into the app ecosystem. What I am getting at...if you pay $499 for last years' Galaxy Note 10.1 over the iPad, you are ripping yourself off.

The 2014 Galaxy Note 10.1 does correct all of those issues with the leather back, better screen, and increased specs. But you then need to cough up $50 more than the iPad for just 16 gigs. Just my 2 cents.
    Odd, considering both the chart here and on JD Power.com shows the iPad scoring better in almost every category

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

I guess cost plays a big part in customer satisfaction.

Wow the iPad ranks higher in all categories besides price, so how is the samsung tablet better?

Samsung is ranked better then apple just because they have a better cost score when apple out ranks them in everything else?? So I guess performance means nothing now these days.

Quote Originally Posted by wb4whd View Post
    I think someone is high because the chart here and on JD Power from the link clear shows the iPad scoring higher in almost every category.

Odd, considering both the chart here and on JD Power.com shows the iPad scoring better in almost every category
    I was going to say the same thing. Everything on this chart shows the iPad as being the leader.

I've been trying out samsung tablets as to know what the fuss is about and it's not smooth scrolling. Plus the layout is everywhere. Why would I want 5 home screens with maybe 3 apps per page and a widget. It's all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. Everything on this chart shows the iPad as being the leader.
    I think Samsung is crap and would never buy a tablet no matter how cheap it cost but you have to look at it from the guy writing the article he or she may be a big Samsung supporter so naturally they would sway the story to Samsung

I'm sorry but doesn't the chart say that the iPad wins everything but price?

All this chart tells me is you get what you pay for. I think people’s minds have been warped n the cost of Apple versus others, especially when you look at quality. Apple scored 5/5 in every other category, but only 2/5 in cost. Samsung was 3/5 in 2 categories, and 4/5 in 2 others, but 4/5 in cost? Given that and the actual price difference between their tablets, it just doesn’t add up.

Sure their Galaxy Tab tablets are cheaper, but those are basically their budget devices on par with Apple’s last gen offerings. When you look at their Note products, which is their flagship products more on par with Apple’s, they’re actually MORE expensive! And for the sake of argument, if you are comparing Apple’s current gen tablets to the current gen Tab series, the higher quality perception of the iPads should account for at least some of the price premium, meaning ranking on Apple’s price is too low compared to Samsung.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I've been trying out samsung tablets as to know what the fuss is about and it's not smooth scrolling. Plus the layout is everywhere. Why would I want 5 home screens with maybe 3 apps per page and a widget. It's all over the place
    seriously? like you cant delete the extra pages and widgets !!

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Samsung is ranked better then apple just because they have a better cost score when apple out ranks them in everything else?? So I guess performance means nothing now these days.
    Don't be so melodramatic. Performance does count, but so does price. Would you rate a McLaren F1 as the best family car? Of course not, but it certainly has more performance then any car you or I will ever own.
    Last edited by Perceptum; 11-01-2013 at 03:39 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceptum For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (11-01-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneinfour View Post

There's so much you didn't mention ie quad core, expandable sd, proper USB otg, works with any dnla device/brand etc and the s-pen is a great tool so do not mistake it for your average stylus.
    Last edited by se23; 11-02-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    seriously? like you cant delete the extra pages and widgets !!
    Why are you here fandroid?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.