+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPad Air Begins to Arrive at Apple Stores and at Third-Party Resellers

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPad Air Begins to Arrive at Apple Stores and at Third-Party Resellers

Both Apple retail stores and Apple resellers have begun receiving iPad Air stock to prepare for Friday’s launch according to the folks over at 9to5Mac. Shipments have begun showing up at Apple Stores and third party location such as Walmart. According to the site, major Apple retail locations across the United States are getting more than 500 units of the iPad Air, suggesting that supplies of the tablet will be plentiful. International stores are also rumored to be receiving decent quantities of the device.

Due to what appear to be adequate supplies of the iPad Air, Apple will reportedly accept requests for Personal Pickup, allowing prospective buyers to reserve an iPad Air online beginning at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and pick it up at an Apple Store later in the same day, avoiding lines. Online orders for the device as mentioned previously will begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time in the US and at varying times in other countries. Apple retail locations will open at 8:00 AM local time in the US and other countries in order to begin in-store sales. Third party outlets such as Walmart, Best Buy and Target will also offer the iPad Air beginning on Friday.

The iPad Air, which features a Retina display an A7 processor and an all new thin-and-light design, will be available in white/silver and black/space gray and begins at $499 for the entry-level 16 GB Wi-Fi only model with a $100 price increase for additional storage options up to 128 GB and an extra $129 for comparable cellular models.

Will you be getting one? If so, where do you plan to pick yours up?

Source: Nisarg (Twitter) via 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I just don't see any real difference between this one and the iPad 2. Lighter and faster, better screen? Other than that same product. I want OS X full desktop in tablet form. That's when I buy another iPad. I'm hoping the Air leads to a Pro model that houses the said OS.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I will be getting one because I need more space. Tired of adding apps and removing them on my 64Gb. Going to buy the 128GB.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

EMH
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I just don't see any real difference between this one and the iPad 2. Lighter and faster, better screen? Other than that same product. I want OS X full desktop in tablet form. That's when I buy another iPad. I'm hoping the Air leads to a Pro model that houses the said OS.
    That is completely illogical. That's like saying there's no real difference between an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 2G. Sure, the 5 is faster, thinner, and has a better screen, but it doesn't run OS X! Might as well keep the 2G.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I disagree that there isn't a major difference between the iPad 2 and this one. My guess is you haven't tried the newer models, because I have both the iPad 2 and an iPad 4, and there is a huge difference, from the much crispier screen to the huge leap in performance. There's an enormous difference when you're using the devices. On top of all that, this new iPad is even more powerful and lighter than the iPad 4. I do agree though, that Apple should make iOS on the iPad more like OS X, at least so it won't just feel like a huge iPod Touch anymore :P

Thanks

I'd rather the iPad Mini with retina display. No way in hell I'm spending another $100 for 2 more inches of display and internals for both are the same as well.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

I'm happy with my iPad4 and it's already fast. Not gonna get one until next year. Gonna wait for the next gen of iPhone . I love my iPhone 5S right now. Beautiful Space Grey absolutely stunning.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I will be getting one because I need more space. Tired of adding apps and removing them on my 64Gb. Going to buy the 128GB.
    Can not wait till it hits the stores I too will be going for the 128 gob version as well

Green Apple
    Thanks

I swear i totally forgot that this is coming tomorrow. I guess i was too focus on the Nexus 5.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Isn't that what the 11" MacBook Air is for?...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recognition View Post
    Isn't that what the 11" MacBook Air is for?...
    He wants an iPad running OSX; not hard to comprehend. I want the same and Apple has neglected this idea.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't you think Apple have pondered on that idea? and they have shown no sign of ever going down that route?
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you!

All I'm saying is the closest you'll get to an iPad running osx is an 11" Air.
    Think of it as an iPad, minus the touch screen BUT with a built in keyboard case!
    Last edited by recognition; 11-03-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recognition View Post
    Don't you think Apple have pondered on that idea? and they have shown no sign of ever going down that route?
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you!

All I'm saying is the closest you'll get to an iPad running osx is an 11" Air.
    Think of it as an iPad, minus the touch screen BUT with a built in keyboard case!
    Ha! I guess that's one way of looking at it! LOL!

I have an 11" MBA and love it BUT I'd still prefer a touchscreen Mac/iPad