Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cook Hints at Apple Being Unable to Meet Holiday Demand for the Retina iPad Mini

Thanks

Default Cook Hints at Apple Being Unable to Meet Holiday Demand for the Retina iPad Mini

When asked whether his company will be able to meet demand for the new Retina iPad Mini this holiday season, Apple CEO, Tim Cook, didn’t express a great deal of confidence. During his company’s quarterly earnings conference call, Cook said the following regarding the matter:

It's unclear whether we will have enough for the quarter or not. We know how many we will have, but you really don't know the demand until you start shipping.
    The comments from Apple’s CEO were made in a response to a question from an analyst with UBS, Steve Milunovich. Prior to the announcement of the second-gen iPad Mini last week, rumors persisted that production problems could limit the supply through the end of 2013. The fact that the Retina iPad Mini is launching after the new iPad Air has been further interpreted as a sign that Apple may not be able to meet demand for its new 7.9-inch tablet this holiday season. Despite this, Cook told analysts he expects that his company will do “fairly well” in overall iPad sales this quarter, going as far as to call it “an iPad Christmas.”

For the September quarter which has just ended, Apple executives revealed that the company beat its own internal expectations for iPad sales. Overall iPad sales were at 14.1 million for the three-month period, up slightly from the 14 million the company shipped in the same quarter a year prior. Cook Mentioned that Apple isn’t focused on unit share when it comes to sales of its device and that he would rather attract and retain customers through customer satisfaction. The CEO still says he’s “confident” that Apple will grow its iPad sales year over year in the December quarter as well.

How do you feel knowing that the Retina iPad Mini may be in short supply this upcoming holiday season? Will you try to snag one for yourself or someone you know?

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand why they would put out a new product but yet they won't be able to meet demand?
    It's not like Apple just came out and didn't know what to expect?
    It smells of greed big time!

No my iPad retina is perfectly fine for me. Fast enough for me as well.

publicity and showing demand

Quote Originally Posted by edoutmax View Post
    True dat. Tell the public that there will be a shortage for Christmas. Everyone runs out and buys one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peacedog For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (10-29-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edoutmax View Post
    Yea, guess you're right about that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

They are kinda desperate. iOS 7 shoulda remained in beta longer and some of the products they are making cannot keep up with demand which sounds and is great for apple. The flip side is they knew that. They knew there was gonna be a shortage of 5s. They knew there is gonna be shortage of new iPad mini. But release anyways....lol they are grasping at straws. I mean they sell awesome but since they have made the iPhone and then the bigger iPhone which is a iPad they haven't made anything. I mean they steal jailbreak tweaks and ideas like crazy, it's unreal. I wish just one time someone would ask Tim Cook about jailbreak tweaks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Never saw the point in releasing iPhones and iPads right before the holidays. People are going to buy them when they're released and they're going to buy them as gifts. Why put them so close together and cause supply shortages?

You guys should apply at Apple. Apparently you have the whole supply/demand thing all figured out.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Tim said that "He knows how many they will have but he doesn't know how demand will be"

The problem he has is if they make too many then he's got warehouses of stock sitting there and it affects his cash flow and upsets share holders and he will be accused of not knowing how to run the company, or they don't have enough and demand outstrips supply, which upsets buyers and he gets accused of not knowing how to run the company.

Dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

I really want an iPad Mini Retina, but i really do love my jailbroken iPad i own now. Every time i pick it up i use at least three different jailbreak features that are not possible on iOS 7. At least.

I think im comfortable waiting for a jailbreak before I upgrade.