Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supplies of Apple's iPad Air Expected to be Plentiful at Launch

Thanks

Default Supplies of Apple's iPad Air Expected to be Plentiful at Launch

When Apple launches orders for the iPad Air this upcoming Friday, the company will reportedly accept requests for Personal Pickup. With Personal Pickup being made available, prospective buyers can reserve an iPad Air online beginning at 12:01 am Pacific Time and pick it up at a nearby Apple retail location later that same day without waiting in line. The reason itís strange to see launch day availability of Personal Pickup is because itís unusual for Apple to offer it. The company didnít offer the choice for the iPad 2, which was the last tablet offered without pre-orders. It didnít initially offer in-store pickup of the iPhone 5C either, despite the fact that supplies of the phone were supposedly readily available.

Although Apple has elected not to accept pre-orders for the iPad Air, it appears that supplies of the tablet are plentiful with no significant shortages expected. While supplies of the iPad Air donít appear to be constrained, the same canít be said for the Retina iPad mini. The tablet which doesnítí have a solid release date may not be widely available until early 2014.

Originally revealed last week, the new iPad Air weighs in at a point and is 20% thinner and 28% lighter than Appleís previous fourth-gen iPad. Along with a Retina display, the device includes an A7 processor, an M7 motion coprocessor and a 5-megapixel rear camera. Available in white/silver and black/space gray, the iPad Air begins at $499 for the entry-level 16 GB Wi-Fi only model with a $100 price increase for additional storage options up to 128 GB and an extra $129 for comparable cellular models.

Online orders will be accepted beginning at 12:01 AM Pacific Time in the US and varying times in other countries. The Apple retail stores in the US will open at 8:00 AM local time for in-store pickup as well.

Source: MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Closest store from me is an hour and a half away so this wont benefit me.

I want the iPad Air 128 GB tired of putting apps on and take them off to install something else on my 64GB

Color.... White/silver
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-28-2013 at 11:44 PM.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm thinking of buying both a mini and an Air to see which I like better LOL