+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Students in LA School District Are Hacking Their iPads

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Well then they must have jail broken it because apple, who I've talked to about this, doesn't give ways for MDM to block updates. You can turn off the App
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well then they must have jail broken it because apple, who I've talked to about this, doesn't give ways for MDM to block updates. You can turn off the App Store, turn off camera, turn off iMessage, FaceTime Safari Siri screen captures iCloud backups, you can even stop the device from having an email put on it. But Apple doesn't give you a way to block OTA updates even on supervised devices. And the device has to be supervised with apple config as of right now to turn off a lot of those features. What MDM is your grandfather using? Airwatch? Casper? Meraki? Iboss? The only way to stop an OTA from happening is to do a URL block and have the device on a global proxy, and most proxies are slow as we've found out. But Apple doesn't give mdm's a way to control this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ill thought out is blocking them in the first place.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's so funny schools do this dumb crap. In college I used to open the DOS prompt and send messages to the other computers using the "netsend" command. Each computer was uniquely labeled so I could choose where the message went. It was especially fun when the professor is used a projector to post their computer screen. It freaked him and the other students out.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12