+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Touts its Un-Carrier Strategy for New iPads

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default T-Mobile Touts its Un-Carrier Strategy for New iPads

With the addition of the iPhone to its device lineup boosting T-Mobile's business prospects immensely this year, it's no surprise that the nation's fourth largest carrier is getting in front of Apple's new iPad launches as quickly as possible.

Today, T-Mobile is talking up its “un-carrier” strategy for both the iPad Air and new iPad mini with Retina display.

When T-Mobile's iPad line-up hits online and participating retail stores next month, the company will offer the tablets starting at $0 down for qualified customers. And every T-Mobile iPad user will receive 200 MB of free 4G LTE data every month for as long as they own their iPad, even if they aren't yet a T-Mobile customer, a press release from the carrier reads.

"When you buy a product as amazing as iPad, you should be able to connect when and where you want, simply and affordably," says John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. "By offering free data for life with incredible upfront pricing, T-Mobile is un-leashing customers to fully enjoy iPad as it was meant to be enjoyed - mobile and connected."

Naturally, customers wanting more data can choose from other options. For T-Mobile voice customers, "always-on" iPad plans start at $10 a month for unlimited data including 500 MB of 4G LTE data each month. Customers can add more 4G LTE data in 2 GB increments for $10 more per month.

Source: T-Mobile

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

I cannot wait i've been waiting for T-Mobile to get the iPad.

Thanks

THIS is a great strategy!!! It naturally makes sense to be able to use an iPad on the road once in a while without having to sign up for a plan. Kudos to T-Mo for thinking outside the box!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

pkmaximum (10-24-2013)

Thanks

With blazing fast LTE where I live, I'll gladly add an iPad mini 2 to my wireless acct.
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Thanks

Great move indeed,I'll be getting one from mobile

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

$20/Month for 2.5GB 4G LTE and unlimited 3G Data? Yes, that is what they throttle the speed to on T-Mobile, 3G speeds. AT&T throttles to Edge speeds if you go over 5GB on the unlimited data plan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This has convinced me to fork the extra cash and get the ipad mini with 4G rather than wi-fi. Way to go!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    This has convinced me to fork the extra cash and get the ipad mini with 4G rather than wi-fi. Way to go!
    Likewise, what a competitive move. Without a doubt there will be times ill desire a daily pass for the holiday times and what not. Kudos to T-Mobile! Makes AT&T and their pricing model look ridiculous.

Thanks

AT&T and other carriers will take a hit for this move unless they plan on matching it. I'm a loyal AT&T customer (10+ years) but I'll take free data , even if it was EDGE, from T-Mo anytime!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Go go tmo!!