+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Fires a Shot at Apple's New iPad Air

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Well, that didn't take long, did it? Less than one day removed from Apple's media event on Tuesday where the company unveiled its new line of iPads and other goodies
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Amazon Fires a Shot at Apple's New iPads

Well, that didn't take long, did it?

Less than one day removed from Apple's media event on Tuesday where the company unveiled its new line of iPads and other goodies in time for the holiday shopping rush, one of the iDevice-maker's leading rivals is stepping up to take a shot at the iPad Air.

On Wednesday morning, Amazon fired off a not-so-subtle barb at the 5th generation iPad by suggesting that its new Kindle Fire HDX is "lighter than Air." That message was boldly plastered all over Amazon's home page today, generating a lot of buzz about the fast turnaround of Amazon's response to the forthcoming iPad Air.

What Amazon doesn't point out, however, is that while the Kindle Fire HDX weighs slightly less than the 1-pound iPad Air, the device serves up a smaller screen in the process. The Kindle Fire HDX screen is 8.9 inches. Apple's iPad Air, as we observed Tuesday, packs a 9.7-inch Retina display.

Will consumers really pick the Amazon device (and its smaller screen) over the iPad Air (and its larger screen) because it weighs but a few ounces less? It seems more likely that the Kindle Fire HDX's lower price could be a bigger selling point than its weight. But for now, the weight game is what Amazon is choosing to play.

Source: Amazon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have only one thing to say to all these companies taking pot-shots at Apple. (and no I'm no apple fan) nokia, Samsung, Amazon, Google... stop comparing and trying to pull down the market leader. It just puts your brand in bad light.

Just because you know people are going to flock towards the new ipad air you're trying to persuade some of them to come and buy your useless products. Us consumers are not dumb you know. We know what product is good what is suitable for ourselves. If I want something just to read books I will surely not look at an ipad. If i want a bigger screen phone I will definitely not pick up the iphone5S or 5C. If I want the largest app-store and i have money to spend I will never pick up an Android.

Just start inventing and innovating with your products and consumers will flock to your brand automatically. Stop with all this taking pot-shots at the market leader.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kalpesh78 For This Useful Post:

*T* (10-23-2013), King_O_Hill (10-23-2013), Silverado1987 (10-23-2013), xWalmartCandyx (10-23-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not a surprise, as companies constantly do this with Apple. It's saying "Hey look at me! Don't look at their shiny new thing you actually want!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MCleveland89 For This Useful Post:

*T* (10-23-2013), xWalmartCandyx (10-23-2013)

Thanks

AMEN^^ Tired of the same thing. Glad to hear someone air it out. If you can't beat them, bring them down. The old standard. Time for a change...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well they gotta do something to make that Kindle POS look good..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually nobody talked about other brands more than Steve Jobs.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This s..t is funny to me, every other company ALWAYS taking shots @ Apple & STILL Apple leads the competition. Wether it's a drastic change like iOS 7 or minor updates like the iPad mini people will stand in line for hours for these products, I've NEVER heard of people standing in line for Samsung, Nokia, Windows etc. Apple just makes great products, over priced @ times but still great.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not surprised. Last time Amazon did a big side-by-side comparison or Kindle vs. iPad not only did they conveniently leave out certain points against them, but they straight lied on others!

"What Amazon doesn't point out, however, is that while the Kindle Fire HDX weighs slightly less than the 1-pound iPad Air, the device serves up a smaller screen in the process. The Kindle Fire HDX screen is 8.9 inches."

This is why I hate ad people. Hey Amazonthe Mini is closer to the HDX screen size than the Air. Why aren't you comparing them instead??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    well they gotta do something to make that kindle pos look good..
    oh you are so right!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

About as lame as a guy trying to win a woman over by talking another guy down rather than talking himself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Very true.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's really annoying seeing them try to take advantage of uninformed consumers, microsoft surface commercials advertise the 64gb ipad price to the microsoft surface rt 32gb. And the 64 model for the microsoft surface cost 750$ and the ipad 700$..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think maybe Amazon should put its focus in Apple on the shelf and turn it's attention to not selling so many KNOCK-OFF products on their website! That's my two cents.....

Thanks
    Thanked 15,080 Times in 6,936 Posts

That's more like it

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Dometic (10-23-2013), King_O_Hill (10-23-2013)

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    True, but when Steve said it it was true.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I took a crap earlier today that weighed less than a pound too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    I have only one thing to say to all these companies taking pot-shots at Apple. (and no I'm no apple fan) nokia, Samsung, Amazon, Google... stop comparing and trying to pull down the market leader. It just puts your brand in bad light.

Just because you know people are going to flock towards the new ipad air you're trying to persuade some of them to come and buy your useless products. Us consumers are not dumb you know. We know what product is good what is suitable for ourselves. If I want something just to read books I will surely not look at an ipad. If i want a bigger screen phone I will definitely not pick up the iphone5S or 5C. If I want the largest app-store and i have money to spend I will never pick up an Android.

Just start inventing and innovating with your products and consumers will flock to your brand automatically. Stop with all this taking pot-shots at the market leader.
    I just laugh at their attempts. Especially Microsoft they compare the ipad the the surface which is a POS.

What's Jailbreak? usernamesarehard7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kbcox0327 View Post
    I took a crap earlier today that weighed less than a pound too.
    X'D

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I am concerned none of these other companies can even compare to Apple!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dometic View Post
    I just laugh at their attempts. Especially Microsoft they compare the ipad the the surface which is a POS.
    We have 3 ipads and an ipad mini. Great devices. But calling the Surface a POS just shows your fanboism and nothing else! The surface is a GREAT device for what it is and does. The Surface 2 even that much better. Most people that cal these devices crap have NEVER used one or picked one up or maybe played for 5 minutes with one in the store. My next device WILL be a surface pro 2. to replace my win laptop. Yes I also have a Macbook pro which I love but do not like the slow Parallels software to run Windows on it. I need windows for some legacy work at the office and to run Quickbooks/Quicken. THe surface will do that for me!