Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Offering Free Data with a new iPad Air or Retina iPad Mini

Thanks

Default T-Mobile Offering Free Data with a new iPad Air or Retina iPad Mini

According to Appleís website, T-Mobile is offering 200 MB of free data each month with the purchase of one of the newly announced iPads (the new Retina iPad Mini or the iPad Air). This is in comparison to the three other major carriers which have plans that start at $15 or $20, though they come with more data. It should be noted that the free plan doesnít give you much but 200 MB is seemingly enough to take care of some map downloads, to check email, or even browse through Facebook. Overall, itís perfect for someone who isnít constantly traveling with their iPad.

Some users might find this attractive as it does have an advantage against some plans, for example when compared to AT&Tís cheapest iPad data plan. AT&Tís lowest tier iPad data plan provides 50 MB more (for a total of 250 MB) but charges $15 per month. Sprintís cheapest plan is at $15 for 1 GB while Verizon charges $20 for 1 GB.

Are any of you going to get one of the new iPadís with a data plan? If so, which carrier are you leaning towards?

Source: Apple (Store)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Lmao @ 200 MB

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

200 MB? OMG seriously? lol

Buying the iPad Air however sticking with my AT&T unlimited plan.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

I believe the apropos expression is, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

200 MB of data (with no overage, just throttled after that point I believe) for free? Not advertisement-laden, not free only with another line of service, just a "freemium" business model? For the light user, there is no better alternative. That's enough for push notifications, emails, etc. to still arrive when not connected to Wi-Fi. Sure, it won't replace a higher-allotment data plan for the road warriors, but good gravy that'll be going in my cellular iPad as soon as the plan becomes public.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

I was debating Ipad Mini 128GB Wifi or Lte.
    Now I am going toward Ipad Mini Lte. I want that free 200mb

Free EDGE data, awesome

Hmmm.. tempting. I would def get the iPad mini LTE with free data, even if only 200mb, because it has GPS capability. I would use the iPad mini in my Mini Cooper for GPS and Music, and use my iPhone 5 for calls and I can have both connected at the same time. iPad mini thru iPod connector, iPhone 5 thru bluetooth for calls.

And once there is a Jailbreak for iOS 7, I can tether the iPad mini to my iPhone with unlimited data!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (10-23-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

You could get 200mb free with a NetZero account (yes they're still around), and buy your iPad wherever you want. In fact, if you buy the wifi hotspot box from NetZero you could get the cheaper wifi version.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    You could get 200mb free with a NetZero account (yes they're still around), and buy your iPad wherever you want. In fact, if you buy the wifi hotspot box from NetZero you could get the cheaper wifi version.
    BUT, the wifi only iPads don't have GPS. I'll pay the extra to have the GPS antenna + TomTom = better than iOS Maps or Google Maps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    But there's no GPS, and with Netzero you can't go over 200MB without paying extra. Plus it's not available in many areas (only where Clear provides WiMAX service).

Picking up the new LTE iPad is a better solution, as T-Mobile coverage clearly trumps Netzero/Clear.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Great deal as long as T-Moble doesn't charge extra or require a phone plan.

Default Hot-spot
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Hmmm.. tempting. I would def get the iPad mini LTE with free data, even if only 200mb, because it has GPS capability. I would use the iPad mini in my Mini Cooper for GPS and Music, and use my iPhone 5 for calls and I can have both connected at the same time. iPad mini thru iPod connector, iPhone 5 thru bluetooth for calls.

And once there is a Jailbreak for iOS 7, I can tether the iPad mini to my iPhone with unlimited data!
    If you are already on t-mobile why would you need to wait for JB to tether? They offer free hot spot with their data plan if i am correct.

This is a great way for them to make money, make people get used to using internet where ever they want then charge customers for more data when they need it.

T-Mobile is offering FREE data, and you people are complaining when no one else is offering the same thing? Enjoy paying for your data then.

Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    If you are already on t-mobile why would you need to wait for JB to tether? They offer free hot spot with their data plan if i am correct.
    I'm on AT&T, so I wouldn't get this if I were to buy an iPad mini, but I know what you mean.

Thanks

Still lmao @ 200mb lol