Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Retina iPad mini Priced at $399

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default New Retina iPad mini Priced at $399

Check out the new iPad mini.

As rumored, the refreshed iPad mini delivers Retina display and absorbs some of the remarkable new internal components that make the iPhone 5s and iPad Air so power.

Starting at $399 for 16GB, (the first-gen iPad mini falls to $299), the Retina iPad mini offers up just as many pixels as the full-size iPad Air. If you crunch the numbers at home, that means the iPad mini gives us a higher pixel density on its display than the full sized iPad (the new iPad Air).

The iPad mini is powered by the A7 chip and is approximately 4-times faster at CPU tasks than the first-gen mini. It's also 8-times faster at graphics-related tasks.

Through it all, the new iPad mini still offers 10 hours of battery life.

The secon-gen iPad mini as well as the iPad Air will be available in time for the holidays, although pre-order and launch dates haven't yet been confirmed.

As expected, the new model comes in silver and white, and space grey and black.

Source: Apple

I'm getting this. Can't wait 😊

Looks impressive, but they should have kept the $329 price for the lowest NEW model. $400 for this one is a bit too much, compared with some of the similarly spec'd competition. Alas, apple rarely drops the price.

May I kindly ask how the heck they got the full-resolution Retina display in there?!

I hate to say it but Apple is starting to mess up. First why circulate the ipad 2 that's been out for a few years instead of the ipad 4 and why is it the same price as an updated ipad mini with better specs. The ipad mini retina price bump was a bad idea as everyone said it was till expensive and now it's only $100 more for an ipad air. The previous mini only gets a $30 reduction? Jesus this is a bad model. Ipad 2 is expensive and very dated, mini retinas too much, mini should've been less and why in the robots *** did they start naming iPads now? Are they changing the names or is it going to be air 2 and 3. iPhones aren't much better but it's still a great phone I just hope they don't loose their touch

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Maestro For This Useful Post:

rickuk (10-22-2013)

Finally, the iPad compatible T-Mobile LTE! Well so the site says, am I reading this right?

Apple - iPad - View countries with supported LTE networks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    I hate to say it but Apple is starting to mess up. First why circulate the ipad 2 that's been out for a few years instead of the ipad 4 and why is it the same price as an updated ipad mini with better specs. The ipad mini retina price bump was a bad idea as everyone said it was till expensive and now it's only $100 more for an ipad air. The previous mini only gets a $30 reduction? Jesus this is a bad model. Ipad 2 is expensive and very dated, mini retinas too much, mini should've been less and why in the robots *** did they start naming iPads now? Are they changing the names or is it going to be air 2 and 3. iPhones aren't much better but it's still a great phone I just hope they don't loose their touch
    Apple has not put a number on an iPad since the iPad 2. If you remember correctly the iPad 3 was simply the "iPad." They put a 3rd Generation and Retina tag on it to differentiate it from the iPad 2. There have been rumors of an iPad called the iPad Air for a couple years now actually. It was rumored the iPad mini would be called the Air.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,310 Times in 2,100 Posts

Finally they have listened! Pumped for the A7 Retina MINI! Lets go 128gig Space Grey! Only one thing after that...7X JB! This is shaping up to be a beauty!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

No Apple TV?

I want this but not for that price. And the first gen only dropped 30$. That's not really a drop in my opinion. If the iPad mini was actually a decent price I would so get it. But I payed 330$ for my 5S and I'm not paying the same just for an oversized iPod touch because I don't need internet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm a little confused... What separates the iPad air vs the new iPad mini. They now both have the same resolution and the same 64-bit A7 chip. Shouldn't they perform exactly the same?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Count me in

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin6006 View Post
    Apple has not put a number on an iPad since the iPad 2. If you remember correctly the iPad 3 was simply the "iPad." They put a 3rd Generation and Retina tag on it to differentiate it from the iPad 2. There have been rumors of an iPad called the iPad Air for a couple years now actually. It was rumored the iPad mini would be called the Air.
    I think you missed the majority of the issues. The names aren't a big deal but they're not consistent. If they keep the air monicker that's fine but stuff like the 6th iphone being called 5 and 7th called 5S should just be iphone or names pertaining to the device. They messed that up but the pricing and sale model of iPhones and iPads are starting to get worst so that's my main concern.

Apple has failed for the 5th time now. I don't get why you make a cellular model and not have the 1700/2100 AWS 3/4G bands. The Nexus 7 2013 LTE model will be the choice.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Apple has failed for the 5th time now. I don't get why you make a cellular model and not have the 1700/2100 AWS 3/4G bands. The Nexus 7 2013 LTE model will be the choice.
    Oh ya, they have failed big time. The iPad has just been one big failure huh? :sarcasm:

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    I'm a little confused... What separates the iPad air vs the new iPad mini. They now both have the same resolution and the same 64-bit A7 chip. Shouldn't they perform exactly the same?
    The difference is the size of the screen. That's about it. But for everyone complaining about the price bump and such need to calm down. Apple didn't fault at anything. With the exception of the iPad 2, everything is appropriately priced. Look at all of Samsung's, the android equivalent, high end tablets. An Galaxy Note 8.0 is based at $399 and the 10.1 at $499. That is the same price model as these new iPads. I think they're doing just fine and incited about the new iPads and will probably buy one this holiday season.

if you don't like the price, don't buy one. WOOHOO FREEDOM AMERICA LIBERTY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Oh ya, they have failed big time. The iPad has just been one big failure huh? :sarcasm:
    Yes it is a failure, they finally got smart and added AWS in the iPhone's but I just don't get why they don't put it in the cellular model of the iPad. I like the iPhone but it's just to small for a phone but I'd like to get a tablet but it will only get EDGE speed which is horrible. I'd for sure have bought one if it had AWS bands. I have the Galaxy 10.1 now from TMO and works great but it's pretty old. Hoping the Nexus 10 2 has this as does the Nexus 7 2013 model.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having a hard time deciding between iPad Air and Mini with Retina, Wi-Fi only model. The only difference is screen size and $100 price, everything else is the same.

I have an iPad 3rd gen, and going small can be a nice thing when you lay in bed wanting to watch movies or read without having to hold something close to 5lbs lol.

Anyone care to help me out?

Now would be a good time to sell my iPad 3rd gen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast