Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New Retina iPad mini Priced at $399

  1. #21
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    I'm having a hard time deciding between iPad Air and Mini with Retina, Wi-Fi only model. The only difference is screen size and $100 price, everything else is the same.

    I have an iPad 3rd gen, and going small can be a nice thing when you lay in bed wanting to watch movies or read without having to hold something close to 5lbs lol.

    Anyone care to help me out?

    Now would be a good time to sell my iPad 3rd gen.
    Exactly the same boat. If I didnt have my iPad3 I'd jump at the iPad air. But for me I've always liked the look of the mini except that it wasnt Retina. Now that its Retina & A7 powered im very interested! Personally I'm going for the Mini Retina when it's released over here(New Zealand)

    Good luck with your decision
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Exactly the same boat. If I didnt have my iPad3 I'd jump at the iPad air. But for me I've always liked the look of the mini except that it wasnt Retina. Now that its Retina & A7 powered im very interested! Personally I'm going for the Mini Retina when it's released over here(New Zealand)

    Good luck with your decision
    I think I'm going to jump ship and order the Mini Retina. Hell, if everything is the same and the price is $100 less, with the same functionality and great looking screen as the big dog, I'm in!

  3. #23
    When I first saw it I thought the pricing of the mini retina was insane! Why would they do that? However, looking at it again, it makes sense. It's the same device as the iPad Air. THE SAME THING! Except it's smaller. That is a great feat, something a lot of people have overlooked. Before when the mini came out, the specs were not the same as the newer iPad and the pricing was a little steep. Now you can get the new iPad Air for $100 bucks cheaper if you get the mini instead. I love my current mini, and would be glad to get the Retina.

    A side note.....

    Yes Apple offered the older mini at $30 cheaper. But that is Apple pricing. Most stores already offered the device at $299. This means they can go even cheaper as well! I think that is worth noting.

  4. #24
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Yes it is a failure, they finally got smart and added AWS in the iPhone's but I just don't get why they don't put it in the cellular model of the iPad. I like the iPhone but it's just to small for a phone but I'd like to get a tablet but it will only get EDGE speed which is horrible. I'd for sure have bought one if it had AWS bands. I have the Galaxy 10.1 now from TMO and works great but it's pretty old. Hoping the Nexus 10 2 has this as does the Nexus 7 2013 model.
    Just because it doesn't fit your needs does not make it a failure by any means. You wouldn't even have your Galaxy 10.1 if it weren't for the success of the original iPad.

    Oh and this may interest you: iPad Air and Retina iPad mini will support T-Mobile LTE, including 200MB of free monthly data

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    I'm a little confused... What separates the iPad air vs the new iPad mini. They now both have the same resolution and the same 64-bit A7 chip. Shouldn't they perform exactly the same?
    I think the Air has the 7X not the A7 chip.

  6. #26
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    I think the Air has the 7X not the A7 chip.
    Nope just A7 from what I heard/saw on the keynote same as the 5S.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  7. #27
    Being an Apple follower... the price point is highly disappointing for the Retina Mini. Ridiculous when compared to the Nexus 7 2013.
    I was waiting for Apple to release mini cuz I thought this is gonna be a good cost effective upgrade. Clearly I was wrong. Why can't apple introduce low cost tablets... and by low cost, I don't mean a 5C type crap device selling for 400$+! (how the f**k is that a low cost device!!) They put such cheap plastic backs on the 5C.
    I guess for phones.. I'll stick to Apple... but I'm gonna go for the Nexus 7 LTE in the tablet section... don't care id it has a smaller screen... the dollar to performance ratio is higher than that of the Mini.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    Being an Apple follower... the price point is highly disappointing for the Retina Mini. Ridiculous when compared to the Nexus 7 2013.
    I was waiting for Apple to release mini cuz I thought this is gonna be a good cost effective upgrade. Clearly I was wrong. Why can't apple introduce low cost tablets... and by low cost, I don't mean a 5C type crap device selling for 400$+! (how the f**k is that a low cost device!!) They put such cheap plastic backs on the 5C.
    I guess for phones.. I'll stick to Apple... but I'm gonna go for the Nexus 7 LTE in the tablet section... don't care id it has a smaller screen... the dollar to performance ratio is higher than that of the Mini.
    Good.
    No-one's forcing you to buy it.
    You gets what ye pays for.
    If you don't want to spend much, you're not gunna get much.
    Why should Apple gear their pricing to suit your budget ?
    It's not too expensive - it's just too expensive for you.
    Now go play with your iPad-wannabe.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Apple has failed for the 5th time now. I don't get why you make a cellular model and not have the 1700/2100 AWS 3/4G bands. The Nexus 7 2013 LTE model will be the choice.
    They've had 1700/2100 for 3 years how do you think tmobile LTE and 3G works?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    They've had 1700/2100 for 3 years how do you think tmobile LTE and 3G works?

    Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO
    Bluetooth 4.0 technology
    UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900 MHz)
    LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26)1
    Data only9


    How do you figure? There is no 1700/2100 on any of the iPads. The new iPhones do with the 5C and 5S but never on the iPad. The LTE does and 3G does only in the refraimed areas for T-Mobile but I'm not sure how you see that 1700/2100 (AWS) works for 3/4G or HDSPA+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •