Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Meet the New 1-Pound iPad Air

  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    569
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 120 Times in 88 Posts

    Yawn. No new features, just more horsepower to compensate for the bloatware called iOS 7. My iPad 3 was great until I "updated" to 7. It now enjoys stiction, erratic delays, and a general Windows feel in its interactive behavior.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 10-22-2013 at 04:12 PM.

  2. #22
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    iPad air!!!! Sigh

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    I just want them to accept the devices for what they're actually worth - marginal upgrades and stop acting like they are changing the world.
    They might release a groundbreaking technology in the future, but till then they should refrain from using phrases like 'this changes everything', because really, it changes about .18 millimeters, which is JUST NOT ENOUGH!
    Marketing is marketing, my friend. And there are people who actually will buy the newest devices just because they're THAAAAAT much thinner. It's reality. That said, this is the first time since the iPad 2 that the main iPad's design has changed at all, which could be a slightly stronger reason to upgrade.

  4. #24
    Wow, what a bunch of whiny brats!

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (10-23-2013)

  6. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Great Falls Montana
    Posts
    537
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Wow, what a bunch of whiny brats!
    I agree. It borders on the moronic and pathetic the way some on this forum bash new apple products as "not good enough"...
    Good thing apple is not geared for selling to most of THESE people. I was very impressed by the iPhone 5, and equally impressed with the 5S. 64 bit architecture and fingerprint scanner? M3 chip? All stuffed into the 5s tiny chassis? What does it take to impress people?

  7. #26
    All i read now on MMi is b1tching, whining, moaning, and complaining nowadays. Wah!

  8. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 270 Times in 175 Posts

    Maybe Apple is calling it the iPad Air because they will offer an iPad Pro in the future?? Maybe the Pro will be a desktop tablet? I think its time to wow us again...that would wow me.

  9. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Upland
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    I am tired of apple increasing 20% of everything and reducing 45% of everything else because thats what they have been doing for the past two years.
    If u dont have something ACTUALLY better to offer to the world, then dont offer anything new at all.
    Because of their marketing strategies, even the apple device has started to feel a little stale like 5 months after the purchase, something which used to be a characteristic for other companies.
    Honestly, i dont feel like upgrading anymore, knowing its going to be the old news as soon as i buy it. Capitalism is eating away the world, Apple was the last one standing, but even it has given in.

    ...and the worst part is, they are 'EXCITED' about every f**king thing. I mean come on, GROW UP!
    Even women dont get excited about losing half a pound as much as Phil Schiller pees his pants with excitement if Ipad loses a fraction of a pound.
    Guys, it not like the ipad 4 required someone to be a weight trainer to carry it around. You couldve kept it the same weight and added a better battery but noo... That wouldve required further investment on your end and well, people are still buying 10 hour life Ipads, right? So why change anything that still sells?

    ...and dont even get me started on 5c. U added colored back. Its not a big deal. Period.
    Doing something that cases have been doing ever since the inception of the Iphone and making it SUCH A BIG DEAL, makes me laugh and sick at the same time. I mean the iphone 5c page on apple's website with the description and all doesnt show how great they are with marketing, but shows how desperate they are to 'SELL SOMETHING'.

    The IOS device lineup sucks *** this year. I dont feel that rush reading about apple devices(ios atleast) anymore, knowing it'll be a marginal modification from the last one, thinner and lighter than the less one.
    This one was AIR, the next one will be VACUUM.
    The 5C was meant to be a cheaper more affordable version of the iPhone in order to appeal to more people. Period. Quit your crying and get a clue. Apple is releasing new products with the latest technology. This is nothing new. Not sure why all of a sudden now you are deciding to cry about it when you have had 6 years to. Simple solution... If you don't want the latest apple product... THEN DONT BUY IT! smh

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    I just want them to accept the devices for what they're actually worth - marginal upgrades and stop acting like they are changing the world.
    They might release a groundbreaking technology in the future, but till then they should refrain from using phrases like 'this changes everything', because really, it changes about .18 millimeters, which is JUST NOT ENOUGH!
    So basically what you are saying is you really have no idea as to how marketing works. Please get a clue before posting. Quit your crying. I promise you apple is not implying that making a lighter iPad is changing the world. Everything will be ok. Smh. Who gives a **** what phrases they use. If they have a good product that I want, I'll buy if. If not, then I won't. I think you have your own melodramatic issues to worry about

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Umm.. am I the only one who is surprised this came with a hard drive? The name "Air" represents to me the same way the Macbook line up works. Terrible marketing & name in my opinion, and very confusing. Why not iPad 5?
    Most people understand the name of air to be lighter, and thinner by comparison. Not whether or not the device has ssd vs hdd. Sorry but that's just a moronic comment. Obviously they are using the name "air" to describe the physical features. You can't really compare the internal hardware of the iPad to the MacBook. What is up with people today. Terrible marketing to some tool kid, but to the people who get paid millions of dollars, it makes sense.
    Last edited by frankjc81; 10-23-2013 at 04:04 AM.

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxrebel View Post
    all i read now on mmi is b1tching, whining, moaning, and complaining nowadays. Wah!
    q.e.d.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    I am tired of apple increasing 20% of everything and reducing 45% of everything else because thats what they have been doing for the past two years.
    If u dont have something ACTUALLY better to offer to the world, then dont offer anything new at all.
    Because of their marketing strategies, even the apple device has started to feel a little stale like 5 months after the purchase, something which used to be a characteristic for other companies.
    Honestly, i dont feel like upgrading anymore, knowing its going to be the old news as soon as i buy it. Capitalism is eating away the world, Apple was the last one standing, but even it has given in.

    ...and the worst part is, they are 'EXCITED' about every f**king thing. I mean come on, GROW UP!
    Even women dont get excited about losing half a pound as much as Phil Schiller pees his pants with excitement if Ipad loses a fraction of a pound.
    Guys, it not like the ipad 4 required someone to be a weight trainer to carry it around. You couldve kept it the same weight and added a better battery but noo... That wouldve required further investment on your end and well, people are still buying 10 hour life Ipads, right? So why change anything that still sells?

    ...and dont even get me started on 5c. U added colored back. Its not a big deal. Period.
    Doing something that cases have been doing ever since the inception of the Iphone and making it SUCH A BIG DEAL, makes me laugh and sick at the same time. I mean the iphone 5c page on apple's website with the description and all doesnt show how great they are with marketing, but shows how desperate they are to 'SELL SOMETHING'.

    The IOS device lineup sucks *** this year. I dont feel that rush reading about apple devices(ios atleast) anymore, knowing it'll be a marginal modification from the last one, thinner and lighter than the less one.
    This one was AIR, the next one will be VACUUM.
    Whilst I can see your point that its not the most world changing upgrade surely incremental upgrades are a fact of life in any tech product? However I don't see why apple need to essentially junk legacy devices by ensuring the latest iOS doesn't run well unless you have the 1st or 2nd most recent device. I have an iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 and know I can't ever upgrade to 7 as my phone would run like a donkey....

  12. #31
    Yawn. Another boring release definitely most disappointing year yet from apple. As all these other companies release some halfway decent things apple didn't release 1 new thing this year. Great a new processor... so what if safari opens .007 seconds faster. In everyday life you prob would never tell the difference between an iPhone 5 and 5s.

    First few releases of iPhones and iPads each upgrade was a substantial upgrade in power and you noticed such a difference. But technology is already so fast that .0007 doesn't make a difference in real world experience.

    I for one have upgraded my phone each year up till the 5. I just cant justify this year to upgrade to iPhone 5s for the finger print lock. Maybe I would do the upgrade if I was in high school but at this point in my life its just not that cool. Def doesn't wow me and I have yet to find anyone who has upgraded to a 5s. Everyone ive talked to about upgrading asks "Whats the difference" (Non techie People btw)

    Same goes for this iPad! come on apple even if they released a new accessory like the surface where the keyboard is built in the cover that would of even added more of a wow factor. But basically same iPad as last year just weighs less. I def would not upgrade my iPad to get a lighter one lol.

    Also Apples direction of iPad mini & Price going up? HaHa I think they went the wrong way.

    Also Where is our Apple TV.. Did they forget about it. Apparently so. No updates no nothing just left it in the cold.

  13. #32
    toymachine, what the hell do you want? iPhone 5S is pretty damn awesome. OS X 10.9 Mavericks is FREE. iLife is FREE. iWork is FREE. On the software side, there are ton of new features. iPad Air is lighter and physically smaller. iPad mini now has Retina Display. Mac Pro is a fncking BEAST.

    What halfway decent things did others release? Oh, you mean that half-baked Samsung Gear?? lol. I guess you're just satisfied with half-baked stuff.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

    Donnutt (10-23-2013)

  15. #33
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Great Falls Montana
    Posts
    537
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts

    Git 'im.

    I don't know why so many people are not impressed with apple's new products. The iPad air is a great machine! The iPhone 5S is a beast of a phone! I'm excited about the M3 chip. I have a 5, so I'll get the 6 next year.
    And I love how some use the word "easy" to describe a way to fool the fingerprint scanner... Most require thousands of dollars in equipment, access to a lab with all sorts of nasty chemicals... You know, the sort of thing a thug off the street obviously has... Oh, and one more thing... A flawless high resolution photo of the owners fingerprint...
    ....And people STILL aren't impressed... I think they really just get tired of apple being successful and want them to fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by toymachine2009 View Post
    First few releases of iPhones and iPads each upgrade was a substantial upgrade in power and you noticed such a difference. But technology is already so fast that .0007 doesn't make a difference in real world experience.
    Oh, and hey genius, remember the difference between early pentium processors? Computer speed doubled every four months?? That's how it was when apple reinvented the smart phone...
    64 bit processor... Now Samsung is going to make one too... Yeah, Apple is taking wrong moves...

    Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Yawn. No new features, just more horsepower to compensate for the bloatware called iOS 7. My iPad 3 was great until I "updated" to 7. It now enjoys stiction, erratic delays, and a general Windows feel in its interactive behavior.
    Dude, your profile says you're rockin' the iPhone 4? No wonder iOS 7 is slow. Get the 5S. iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 was an amazing difference.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 10-23-2013 at 11:17 PM.

  16. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    You either don't understand marketing, or you don't believe Apple should be doing it.

    BTW, the expectation for Apple to release an Earth-shattering product every year...or heck, even every 4 or 5 years is unrealistic. Apple hit 3 home runs in a 10 year period with the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. That's three more in 10 years than almost any other tech company EVER comes up with. Yet for some reason Apple is considering underachieving when they fail to change the tech world with each product release.
    Actually Apple didn't come up with those devices on their own. Each one that you've mentioned could be traced to the companies that Apple bought out and to existing products as well. In fact, there isn't much of anything that Apple invented purely on their own. I honestly believe more of Apple's success should be credited to their marketing personnel over the years, which out which Apple would very likely never be where they are today.

  17. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    Actually Apple didn't come up with those devices on their own. Each one that you've mentioned could be traced to the companies that Apple bought out and to existing products as well. In fact, there isn't much of anything that Apple invented purely on their own. I honestly believe more of Apple's success should be credited to their marketing personnel over the years, which out which Apple would very likely never be where they are today.
    And what has Samsung, Microsoft, Nokia, HTC, Google, etc invented purely on their own?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •