+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retina iPad mini May Be Harder to Find Than Apple's iPhone 5s

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
On Tuesday, Apple is expected to refresh its iPad lineup, unveiling the new iPad 5 as well as the next-generation iPad mini with Retina display. Amidst consumer surveys and industry
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Retina iPad mini May Be Harder to Find Than Apple's iPhone 5s

On Tuesday, Apple is expected to refresh its iPad lineup, unveiling the new iPad 5 as well as the next-generation iPad mini with Retina display.

Amidst consumer surveys and industry projections indicating that consumers may flock to the iPad mini 2 in a way not observed with the first-gen iPad mini, Apple could see a sales bonanza this holiday shopping season - but only if retailers have enough product to satisfy the anticipated demand.

Based on the latest supply chain data and industry estimates published Monday, the Retina iPad mini could face similar - or worse - supply problems than Apple's iPhone 5s.

Timothy Arcuri of Cowen and Company said in a note to investors that he doesn't expect production of the iPad mini 2 to ramp up until early 2014. As a result, supplies ahead of the holiday shopping season will be tight as Apple could face issues in producing high-resolution Retina displays.
    If supplies prove as restricted as anticipated, shipments for the holiday quarter may clock in at 23 million, which is practically a negligible improvement over the 22.9 million units Apple sold in the same quarter of 2012.

Source: HNGN

Thanks

Grrrr ill probably be waiting a bit longer then to purchase one. Can't afford the iPad mini until Xmas time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll be part of this looooong line ;(

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (10-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is time to retire my original pre-order iPad. It has been a faithful companion for 3 1/2 years but I have been waiting for a mini with the retina display and now it appears my wait is over...
    or just beginning depend on if I can lay my hands on one.

Thanks

I'll wait for the finger reader and better processor. Tired of getting last years tech.