Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst Predicts to See Retina iPad Mini and Thinner iPad, No Touch ID or Gold Option

Thanks

Default Analyst Predicts to See Retina iPad Mini and Thinner iPad, No Touch ID or Gold Option

Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities has released a new research report outlining some of his expectations for Apple’s October 22 media event, focusing on the new company’s iPad and Retina MacBook Pro lineups. Similar to previously summarized expectations, Kuo believes that Apple will be introducing a thinner and lighter fifth-gen iPad as well as a new iPad mini with Retina display. The latter has been the subject of considerable debate with some sources believing that Apple isn’t ready to bring Retina displays to the iPad mini but while Kuo believes that Apple will indeed be able to introduce a Retina iPad mini, supplies will be highly constrained at first.

Kuo continued by weighing in on several other rumored additions for the iPad and iPad mini, claiming that “probably” neither a Touch ID fingerprint sensor nor a gold color option is said to be available in either line. He believes that the production of components related to those features is still being prioritized for the iPhone 5S, which remains in very tight supply and therefore won’ be able to make their way into the iPad lineup. As far as other upgrades go, Kuo believes the fifth-gen iPad will adopt a new A7X chip while the new iPad mini will be equipped with a slightly less powerful A7 chip similar to the one found in the iPhone 5S. Kuo reiterates his earlier claim that the rear camera on Apple’s new iPads will be upgraded to 8 megapixels. The fifth-gen iPad and the second-gen iPad mini are said to include Apple’s new “M7” chip that debuted in the iPhone 5S, offering significant improvements for motion tracking.

Along with the iPad updates, Kuo shared his thoughts on Apple introducing its Retina MacBook Pro on Tuesday, moving to Intel’s latest Haswell chips for improved performance and battery life while also upgrading the FaceTime camera to 1080p quality, a claim he has made in the past.

All-in-all, Kuo unsurprisingly believes that the new fifth-gen iPad will drive a significant increase in sales for Apple’s full-size iPad while the new iPad mini will result in a more modest bump due to the very tight initial supplies. He also predicts a strong bump for the Retina MacBook Pro as demand for new Haswell models should lead to strong sales heading into the holidays. What continues to remain unaddressed is Apple’s Mac Pro, which is expected to be given its full introduction at its upcoming media event in advance of a launch before the end of the year.

For those of you who didn’t already know, Kuo has been fairly accurate with his claims over the past several years, earning him significant attention regarding the Apple product launches.

Source: KGI Securities via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

So the resolution of the iPad 5 and iPad Mini will be the same? If so, shouldn't the iPad mini get the 'X' version of the chip, as well?

From my understanding the iPad 3 and 4 both needed the extra graphics bandwidth compared to the phone version of the chip.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-20-2013)

I honestly doubt the mini 2 will have an A7 of any kind. It still baffles me as to why they chose to give the current iPad mini the iPad 2 internals.
    Also, the iPad 4 is now "thick and heavy"? lol

A lot of people don't understand that these devices don't need quad core and 2 gbs of ram when it doesn't need it. Also if it's not being used then it's using battery.

The truth will be revealed in this Tuesday, Let's looking forward it.

Thanks

They bring old tech to new devices for a larger profit margin. The longer a company drags out tech, the more $$ they can make. Its been the mainstay for years. Regardless of that, I want to see the new iPads and would love for one of them to have the A7X chip and the finger reader.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    So the resolution of the iPad 5 and iPad Mini will be the same? If so, shouldn't the iPad mini get the 'X' version of the chip, as well?

From my understanding the iPad 3 and 4 both needed the extra graphics bandwidth compared to the phone version of the chip.
    My thoughts exactly. I was thinking the iPad mini 2 would get the A6X. If it gets the A7X, or even the A7, I see little reason to get the full-sized iPad over the mini for most people when it costs $170 more.

Personally, I'd still probably get the regular iPad anyway. The screen is the perfect size for typing in landscape. I'm really quick at it. The mini would make a great companion device, but the regular iPad is much closer to a PC replacement for me. There aren't very many things I still need my laptop for.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    A lot of people don't understand that these devices don't need quad core and 2 gbs of ram when it doesn't need it. Also if it's not being used then it's using battery.
    You're right about quad-core but wrong about the RAM. Android devices don't even use more than 2 cores at a time for 99% of the tasks they perform. But iOS devices would benefit from more RAM. Not only would developers be able to make more resource intensive apps, I still have apps and Safari tabs closing in the background on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5S.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

How wrong I was about the mini, lol. But then, why did they use such outdated components in the original mini, if they're now capable of somehow adding a full Retina display and the A7?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahboi View Post
    How wrong I was about the mini, lol. But then, why did they use such outdated components in the original mini, if they're now capable of somehow adding a full Retina display and the A7?
    Because they have to drag out the technology for as long as they can. In the keynote for the iPad air they said they've been working on it for a couple of years.