+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cash Payouts for iPads Raised by Gazelle as Apple's iPad Event Date Spikes Trade-Ins

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Cash Payouts for iPads Raised by Gazelle as Apple's iPad Event Date Spikes Trade-Ins

Gazelle, which is a service that pays cash to customers who trade-in their old tablets, phones or computers, said their iPad trade-in-volume rose 86% this week on a week-over-week basis after AllThingsD confidently reported that Apple would be ready to introduce new models on October 22. On a yearly basis, volume soared a staggering 269% the firm added.

This year more so than previous years, consumers are embracing services like Gazelle to help them upgrade to the latest Apple hardware at a fraction of the usual cost required to buy the device. This is because they’re locking in high cash-trade offers for their existing devices when new models are known to be on the horizon.

For example consumers who act now to lock in a trade-in offer on their 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad mini may be able to upgrade to a new iPad mini later this month for about half the price. Gazelle says it’s currently buying the first-generation 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad mini for $175 and expects the new model to cost $329, which means customers should just have to pay a net cost of $154 out of pocket for their new iPad mini. Customers will also have a 30 day grace period from when they first lock in a price for their old devices to when their devices need to be in Gazelle’s hands.

For those of you who haven’t worked with Gazelle, to begin the process you just select your existing device from the company’s website and assess its condition – broken, good, or flawless. Within days, a pre-paid shipping box will show up on your doorstep. You place your old device in the box and send it off to Gazelle. Alternatively, you can choose to use your own box and simply print a pre-paid shipping label. Once your device is received, Gazelle will issue you a check within 10 business days for the value of your device. You can also choose to be paid more quickly via PayPal, get an extra 5% by selecting your payment in the form of an Amazon Gift Card, or donate the proceeds entry to charity.

Much like with Apple’s recent iPhone event, Gazelle said it expects iPad payout prices to decline as the October 22 iPad media event draws near.

Will you be trading in your old iPad for one of the upcoming models?

Source: Gazelle

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Who needs gazelle when you can easily get quite a bit more money selling them eBay?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    Who needs gazelle when you can easily get quite a bit more money selling them eBay?
    People who don't want the hassles of eBay or the fees that go with it. Especially when their own policies put the buyer first and foremost in any disputes, so sellers are required to keep every scrap of info on the transaction in order to fight fraudulent buyers after the fact.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    i got $175 for the Ipad 2 used 32 GB

Thanks

I just sold my iPad 2 16 GB WiFi w/ badly cracked screen for $180 on eBay.

Thanks

Ebay takes a chunk. I would use CL always works for me. I would not accept less than $200 for a decent iPad 2.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

eBay/PayPal takes about 3 different fees from u. Also when things don't go right. It's a pain to try and get the money back.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Ebay takes a chunk. I would use CL always works for me. I would not accept less than $200 for a decent iPad 2.
    U got that right. People are listing the iPad 2 32gb for 2+. But if your looking for a quick sale and don't want to list it or meet up with people gazelle is the way to go.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 10-11-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    People who don't want the hassles of eBay or the fees that go with it. Especially when their own policies put the buyer first and foremost in any disputes, so sellers are required to keep every scrap of info on the transaction in order to fight fraudulent buyers after the fact.
    You don't need to tell me anything about selling on eBay. I have hundreds of sales and purchases and I've also been able to keep a 100% feedback. The buyer does have more protection than the seller but that's for a very good reason. In regards to the fees of course I think they're outrageous but let's face it you'll still come put ahead selling on eBay rather than to gazelle. Gazelle SELLS them on eBay for god sakes! So don't ever think they're doing you a favor taking care of your old I-devices.