+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Holding Media Event to Unveil New iPad October 22nd

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Holding Media Event to Unveil New iPad October 22nd

Consistent with information MMi learned and reported from our industry sources last week, Apple will hold a media event on October 22nd to unveil the next-generation iPad.

Although media invites are yet to drop, they may as early as the end of this week.

"The focal point of the gathering will be the latest updates to the companyís iPad line, but the new Mac Pro and OS X Mavericks will likely get some stage time as well, Iím told," says John Paczkowski of AllThingsD.

We may also see an iPad mini refresh with Retina display.

Although today's AllThingsD report didn't indicate a sales date for the new iPad/iPad mini, MMi's sources indicate that shipments can be expected on or around November 11th.

Source: AllThingsD

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool. I'm pretty excited to hear more about the new Mac Pro and perhaps some mention of a 4K display since Phil kept throwing that word around at WWDC.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Is there any hope of an iWatch? I know many people consider it pointless, but I love wearing watches, so something classy looking that is integrated with my smartphone would have my attention

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshman458 View Post
    Is there any hope of an iWatch? I know many people consider it pointless, but I love wearing watches, so something classy looking that is integrated with my smartphone would have my attention
    I agree. Love watches. And yeah it may not be "necessary" but in the big picture a smart phone isn't "necessary" either. I'm with you.

Thanks
    I hope they are releasing an i pad mini 2nd gen

Thanks

ipad mini with retina display, plz!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cpotoso For This Useful Post:

novadam (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    I love my Mini but don't need Retina. If it has TouchID, though, then I'd have to sell my old one and get the new! TouchID ROX!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshman458 View Post
    Can you imagine the Fandroid "we did it first" parade that would occur if Apple released a watch??? Smh even if Apple's watch was an awesome standalone device (not a Bluetooth strap on) they'd STILL cry "Copycat"

Thanks

ipad mini retina & fingerprint scanner - check ✅

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wonder if the new iPad mini with retina will come with the new touch security feature?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

This will be my first iPad, I'm ready to finally get one. (been waiting for the new one to drop)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,868 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    +1
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why would anyone want a fingerprint scanner! Keep the cost down, a password will do. If Apple are going to make improvements and charge high prices then an SD memory card slot would be far more important. like other tablet makers provide!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Why would anyone want a fingerprint scanner! Keep the cost down, a password will do. If Apple are going to make improvements and charge high prices then an SD memory card slot would be far more important. like other tablet makers provide!!
    They have an SD slot, and a USB slot. It's called the camera connection kit. Seriously, I think you're unlikely to ever see Apple add that to an iPad. In their mind, it's just not something that is frequently used enough that would warrant adding the extra hardware. They're either going to suggest using the camera connection kit or, if you're a heavy photo user, as in professional photographer, then you should get a MacBook air. Not saying I totally agree with that but, the few times that I need to use a card or a USB I use my connectors. Works well enough.

Thanks

My work, as a lot of users, REQUIRES a Passcode. Since having TouchID on my ip5S, I see how useful it is. Its lazy, yes, but not having to type your password every time you turn on your device, has been a blessing!

That's why I'd like a fingerprint scanner!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Finger print scanner didn't raise the price of the iPhone, also the fingerprint scanner work great and is faster than typing in my pass code. Before I had a pass code every 15 minutes, now I have it on all of the time because it's so easy to unlock with the scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    They have an SD slot, and a USB slot. It's called the camera connection kit. Seriously, I think you're unlikely to ever see Apple add that to an iPad. In their mind, it's just not something that is frequently used enough that would warrant adding the extra hardware. They're either going to suggest using the camera connection kit or, if you're a heavy photo user, as in professional photographer, then you should get a MacBook air. Not saying I totally agree with that but, the few times that I need to use a card or a USB I use my connectors. Works well enough.
    Cloud based services are the way to go. I hope to see the USB drive drop out of the picture for good someday and have everything work wirelessly.

Thanks

all I need is a retina mini. that's it. an LTE retina mini is basically my perfect device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Great, now I can buy a cheap iPad mini off eBay in December.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Great, now I can buy a cheap iPad mini off eBay in December.
    Craigslist is even better! I picked mine up about two months ago for $250. iPad Mini 16GB GSM