Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi Exclusive: iPad 5 Coming 10/22, On Sale 11/11

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default MMi Exclusive: iPad 5 Coming 10/22, On Sale 11/11

MMi has learned from a knowledgeable industry source when Apple plans to formally unveil and launch its next generation iPad.

As of this writing, the company will hold a media event to introduce the iPad 5 on October 22nd. Current plans, however, do not call for the next-gen iPad mini to be unveiled concurrently.

Although we can't confirm if preorders will be accepted for the iPad 5, the source tells us based on information provided directly by Apple that the iPad 5 will officially go on sale November 11th.

No hardware specs were confirmed, but the chatter suggests that the Touch ID sensor introduced on the iPhone 5S will be a part of Apple's iPad 5. Apple is now in the process of ramping up production to meet the anticipated demand the upcoming holiday shopping season is expected to bring with it.
    Last edited by Orby; 10-03-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Nice, on sale on my birthday, though I doubt I'll buy one. The only reason I upgraded to the 5S was because I'm paying for the upgrade subsidy whether I upgrade or not. And I'm not going to give verizon money for nothing.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds good! Figures they'd be adding the Touch ID. I really hope it's not "squarish" looking. I prefer the smooth rounded corners.

Thanks

Unless it has OS X loaded..i don't see the point. Its a big iPhone without native calling capabilities. Its lacking and needs a desktop OS please and thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Unless it has OS X loaded..i don't see the point. Its a big iPhone without native calling capabilities. Its lacking and needs a desktop OS please and thank you.
    But we can't forget about the new and improved processor they will add even though the current one is fast enough!

Can Apple just finish taking care of their last product release before beginning a new one? There are still many many people waiting for a 5S that was to be sold last month.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I couldn't agree more! It's a stripped version of iPhone with a bigger screen.Apple has adopted a refurbish and repackage policy.

What an intelligent post. In the real world it is much more than a big no call iPhone. So many applications benefit from the larger screen real estate. I use mine far more than my iPhone. In reality the iPhone is just a small, more portable iPad that can make phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    What an intelligent post. In the real world it is much more than a big no call iPhone. So many applications benefit from the larger screen real estate. I use mine far more than my iPhone. In reality the iPhone is just a small, more portable iPad that can make phone calls.
    I agree with you. This dude just posts things just for the sake of posting. His posts never add anything to the discussion. And when he does "add something," it's negative, usually towards the iPad. Wouldn't listen to anything he says, ever.

Why would I want OSX on my iPad ? Why does it matter ? What everyday thing can you NOT do on an iPad vs a computer ? Besides burn CDs (for what ?) The only thing I used my laptop for after getting an iPad was for downloading movies...which I can now do on my iPad. With an AppStore with thousands upon thousands of apps, what do you need OSX on your iPad for ? Especially when an iPad can be about 1/3 of the price of a MacBook. And don't tell me for USB ports, as there's options out there like Google Drive and those wireless wifi drives that work just fine.

Yeah cuz having a desktop OS has really benefitted Surface tablets. Ummm NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    But we can't forget about the new and improved processor they will add even though the current one is fast enough!
    Actually it isn't. I get noticeable lag on my iPad 4 on OS 7 when compared to my iPhone 5s or even my iPhone 5. Not to mention that moving forward apps and games are going to be optimized for the A7 64bit architecture. Upgrading the CPU and GPU are a necessity and always will be.
    Last edited by claustin; 10-03-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Sure, and my 55" flat screen is just a big version of the 12" crap TV I has as a kid. HORRIBLE analogy.