+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Video: Touch ID Sensor Coming to iPad 5?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
As a nice complement to the video MMi's Akshay Masand shared with readers earlier today showing the purported space gray iPad 5 , another video hit the web Wednesday that
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Video: Touch ID Sensor Coming to iPad 5?

As a nice complement to the video MMi's Akshay Masand shared with readers earlier today showing the purported space gray iPad 5, another video hit the web Wednesday that is raising questions about the features we can expect from Apple's next-gen iPad.

Once again shared on YouTube by Unbox Therapy, the video highlights a number of iPad 5 components that clearly give way to suggestions that there's ample space available for Apple to toss in one of those nifty Touch ID sensors.

Mixing and matching components to prove his point, Unbox Therapy‘s Lewis Hilsenteger demonstrates that iPhone 5S’ fingerprint sensor fits beautiful in the home button opening on what we're told is the iPad 5′s front panel.

“It almost looks like it was designed to go in there,” Hilsenteger says, raising further speculation that Apple will deliver the Touch ID feature to its refreshed tablet.

Of course, we won't know for sure what Apple plans to do with the new iPad 5 until the company likely unveils it sometime later this month.

Source: Unbox Therapy

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Common sense would tell you that the fingerprint sensor will be on the 5th gen ipad and maybe the 2nd gen mini. I only say maybe for the mini because Apple likes to spoon feed it's tech sometimes. For instance, when the mini first came out, retina displays were already on iPhones & iPads... Why not the mini?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't trust that finger print sensor one bit. Don't plan on using it on my 5S.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    Common sense would tell you that the fingerprint sensor will be on the 5th gen ipad and maybe the 2nd gen mini. I only say maybe for the mini because Apple likes to spoon feed it's tech sometimes. For instance, when the mini first came out, retina displays were already on iPhones & iPads... Why not the mini?
    I was thinking the same thing. Why wouldn't they add the finger sensor? Reports are coming in on a 64bit cpu as well. No way! Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I don't trust that finger print sensor one bit. Don't plan on using it on my 5S.
    There are people out there who still don't have a 5S? Its available practically everywhere unless you want it in gold lol

Thanks

Agreed..natural progression. Apple cannot keep delaying updates to other products and expect to hold our attention. I'd be leary of using the sensor tho. After this whole NSA scandal, big companies are under a microscope and should be. Stop giving the government my personal data thank you very much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Agreed..natural progression. Apple cannot keep delaying updates to other products and expect to hold our attention. I'd be leary of using the sensor tho. After this whole NSA scandal, big companies are under a microscope and should be. Stop giving the government my personal data thank you very much.
    If next generations beyon 5s come with NSA finger print integration i will kip my 5 until posible.