+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Released Video Shows Purported Space Gray "iPad 5"

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Recently Released Video Shows Purported Space Gray "iPad 5"

Just one week after high-quality images of a supposed next-gen space gray iPad casing popped up on the web, a video highlighting the same part has been uploaded to YouTube. The video comes from Unbox Therapy, which previously provided an in-depth look at the aluminum shells allegedly bound for Apple’s next-gen iPad. Previously, only high-res photos of the said parts were available.

The recently released video shows a quick comparison of the purported 9.7-inch iPad’s rear casing in Apple’s new “Space Gray” color, meant to be a replacement for the outgoing “Slate.” As many of you probably already know, the new color was first introduced with the iPhone 5S and has subsequently trickled down to other iOS products such as the iPod Touch and iPod nano. Those of you interested in watching the video can do so below:

The spray grace iPad shell is largely similar to the silver version which was shown off last month with the only major aesthetic change being a black front bezel. Another thing to notice is the like-colored ring insert around the rear-facing camera, which on the silver version looks so be either polished to a shine or unanodized. Interestingly, the space gray casing isn’t fitted with the embedded magnets used to attach Apple’s Smart Covers, suggesting that the part is a prototype or an early production component. It’s also possible that the part may just be an amateur copy, though the complex internal structure and external design is largely similar to previously “leaked” parts.

Apple is expected to announce a fifth-generation iPad in the coming weeks with some rumors pointing towards to an October 15 event that may also feature refreshed MacBook models. The next-gen full-size iPad is also said to sport a revamped design that will bring it more in line with the current iPad mini. We’ll have to wait and see for more concrete information.

Source: Unbox Therapy (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

The spray grace iPad shell (does not equal) the space gray casing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if "space gray" is an actual color name or just a fancy way of apple saying gray.

Thanks

Not excited. Really waiting for an iPad with some real desktop capabilities. While MS did not wow us with the Surface...they did put a desktop OS on a tablet. Something Apple needs to think about. I still have my iPad 2. Why upgrade? What are the benefits? I'm waiting...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Not excited. Really waiting for an iPad with some real desktop capabilities. While MS did not wow us with the Surface...they did put a desktop OS on a tablet. Something Apple needs to think about. I still have my iPad 2. Why upgrade? What are the benefits? I'm waiting...
    The iPad has never been designed to be a desktop replacement. If it were, then people would not purchase Apple's MacBooks and iMacs and those sales would suffer. Why upgrade from an iPad 2 ? Same reason you'd upgrade from an iPhone 3GS/4 - new features, better hardware, etc. Those are always the benefits, same as any Apple product that is released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I wonder if "space gray" is an actual color name or just a fancy way of apple saying gray.

Do you know how many colors there are? lol it probably is the actual name for the color.