+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7 Accounts for 52% of iOS Web Share Just One Week After Its Launch

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's iOS 7 Accounts for 52% of iOS Web Share Just One Week After Its Launch

The latest version of iOS appears to be off to a strong start with iOS 7 now accounting for more than half of iOS web traffic across North America based on a recent study. The latest figures from Chitikaís online advertising network are pointing to 52% of traffic from devices running iOS in the United States and Canada now coming from iPhones, iPads and iPods on iOS 7.This is a 20% leap in the five days since the firmís last report.

Before the launch of iOS 7 last week, beta builds of the new operating system accounted for less than 1% of North American distribution on iPhones. Since its official debut, iOS users have readily installed the update resulting in a massive influx. This time around, the police also encouraged users to install the update as it touts strengthened security features.

The install growth for the new mobile operating system has outpaced that of its predecessor, iOS 6, which took roughly three days to pass the 30% mark. By February of this year, that figure had grown to 83%, which iOS 7 is on its way of surpassing.

For those of you who didnít know, Appleís latest iOS can run on iPhones all the way back to the three-year-old iPhone 4 though neither the iPhone 4 nor the iPhone 4S support all of the new features found in iOS 7. It also runs on the fifth-generation iPod Touch and on the iPad lineup dating back to the iPad 2.

Have you updated to iOS 7?

Source: Chitika

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 6,289 Times in 2,096 Posts

Nope...our iDevice family (7) are all on iOS6 or below...with 4 devices jailbroken...that's what I'm talking about!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 4,595 Posts

Same here. Won't update til it's jail breakable.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

I chose to update and I really like it. The only thing I miss is TetherMe, but I didn't use that often it was just nice knowing I had the option.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Nope...our iDevice family (7) are all on iOS6 or below...with 4 devices jailbroken...that's what I'm talking about!
    IOS 7 Rocks thanks APPLE love my 64gig i phone 5S slate grey.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

I updated my iphone to ios 7 and im really liking it. The only thing im missing is my jailbreak, but ios 7 is worth it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 689 Posts

I miss my jailbreak. iOS 7 is better but still need gestures from activator quick reply on texts. Ability to customize themes

Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 4,595 Posts

I know some people need the money from the sale of their 'last phone' to fund their new one.. But what I eventually do, long about Thanksgiving or Christmas (way before a new jailbreak is out) is to upgrade and buy my new phone.. but KEEP my old jailbroken one.. And simply swap SIMs between the two to enjoy both things.. I never carry both phones around during the period before the jailbreak.. But one day one and one day the next. Even when it was a 4S and a 5... I just bought a SIM adaptor to take my nano SIM over to my 4S and then back to the 5.. I keep my old phones and give to family members eventually. I don't need to sell my last one to afford the new one.. Just another idea..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry Apple. Your devices, Macs & software lack the wow factor of old. I'll hang onto my jailbroken iphone 4 on 6.1 and 3 year old iMac on Lion until you offer me something that is outside the square again and not just a rehash
    Last edited by Ozzie5374; 09-26-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I know some people need the money from the sale of their 'last phone' to fund their new one.. But what I eventually do, long about Thanksgiving or Christmas (way before a new jailbreak is out) is to upgrade and buy my new phone.. but KEEP my old jailbroken one.. And simply swap SIMs between the two to enjoy both things.. I never carry both phones around during the period before the jailbreak.. But one day one and one day the next. Even when it was a 4S and a 5... I just bought a SIM adaptor to take my nano SIM over to my 4S and then back to the 5.. I keep my old phones and give to family members eventually. I don't need to sell my last one to afford the new one.. Just another idea..
    Good idea. I don't sell my old phone either. I give it to my son to enjoy

The 4S I will get unlocked and give it away to someone who needs a new phone but can't afford

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

I love iOS 7!! Though I enjoyed having the jailbreak, the reason for having the jailbreak is no longer needed as they have included all the Cydia tweaks I used to use.