Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Starts Inviting Users to Try Chrome Data Compression on the iOS Platform

Thanks

Default Google Starts Inviting Users to Try Chrome Data Compression on the iOS Platform

If you happen to use Google’s Chrome browser for the iPhone or iPad, you may want to update and check it out today. Google recently introduced a new feature to Chrome that can reduce mobile data usage by over 50%. The feature is currently invite-only during its testing period unfortunately. The work is quite similar to the efforts made by Opera over the past few years with Chrome’s new technology optimizing images in a number of different ways.

One of the ways that Chrome optimizes is by taking all the JPEG, PNGs and GIFs on a webpage and automatically converts them to a Google’s ultra-efficient WebP format, which can shrink them by up to 60%. They also strip out all the stuff you don’t need such as desktop specific JavaScript and CSS, HTML comments, whitespace and anything else you don’t actually need to render the page. This type of technology was previously found on Android and has been available on Google’s own operating system as part of the Chrome Beta for Android, where it’s been since March. This is the first time that the functionality has been made available on Apple’s iOS platform however.

If you do a lot of web browsing you’ll notice it can make a big difference. Unfortunately right now, the new Chrome feature seems to be invite-only so not a lot of people are able to use it. If you happen to be one of the lucky ones, you should know just by opening Chrome up.

Source: TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Wow..sounds like something I should be excited about.

Lucky me

Green Apple
    Thanks

Already had this since last month

Quote Originally Posted by hybirdd View Post
    Already had this since last month
    Me too...I also assume everyone is "invited" when you install the update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone here knows if Chrome Downloader works with this version?

This is different from Opera Turbo mode, how?
    J'accuse, Google! J'accuse!