Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Starts Buying Used iPads for $200 and Pushes the Surface

Thanks

Default Microsoft Starts Buying Used iPads for $200 and Pushes the Surface

Microsoft recently announced that it has initiated a limited time offer which allows iPad owners to trade in their old tablets for at least a $200 gift card, which can be applied to a Surface RT, Surface Pro, or any other product at the company’s retail stores. The offer, which runs through October 27, appears to be aimed at luring iPad users away from the Apple ecosystem and pushing them toward Microsoft’s Surface devices.

According to Microsoft’s website, “gently used” iPad 2 tablets as well as third- and fourth-generation iPads can be swapped for a minimum $200 Microsoft gift card at the company’s retail outlets. The ad recommends that those who are interested in upgrading their tablet should look into the Surface RT or Surface Pro.

The new initiative comes after Microsoft permanently slashed the price of its Surface Pro by $100, bringing the 32 GB version down to $799 and the 64 GB model to $899. The program came on the heels of a push in education that promised free Surface RT units to schools using the Bing search engine. Microsoft has had a rough time with its foray into the tablet hardware sector. Earlier this year, the company had to take a $900 million write down for unsold Surface inventory and advertisements costs associated with Windows 8.

The next-gen version of the Surface is already in the works, though final specifications and pricing have yet to be announced. Microsoft will be revealing more details regarding the future device at an event later this month.

I personally don’t think this offer seems appealing but there are people out there who might. Are you one of those people?

Source: Microsoft Store

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

There is no way in hell I would trade my i pad for a crappy windows tab.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 723 Posts

WOW!!! First you give away free ones to school districts for promising to use Bing as your search engine and now this??? Talk about desperate?? LMAO

Who's going to be stupid enough to trade in there iPad. I wouldn't trade a iPhone 4 for that POS.

Why the hell would I want to swap an iPad- especially an iPad 4- for a Surface? No matter how locked-down iOS is, there is still a wealth of apps and features it has that the Surface doesn't. That said, I'm still somewhat interested in the next-gen version of the Surface Pro, if it runs full Windows 8.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

So if you can't beat them, buy them?

I wonder what Microsoft does with the iPads later? Blend them on YouTube maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I wonder what Microsoft does with the iPads later? Blend them on YouTube maybe?
    My guess is they're going to give them to Microsoft staff, because let's face it... they would probably prefer using secondhand iPads than a Surface.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nudge2232 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (09-13-2013), Mohit555 (09-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nudge2232 View Post
    My guess is they're going to give them to Microsoft staff, because let's face it... they would probably prefer using secondhand iPads than a Surface.
    Hahahahahaha, that was a good one!

No chance in Hell would I trade my iPad for a surface. Even though I barely use the damn thing. But if I did trade I would "NEVER" use it. Lol

Wow. They are extremely desperate to get rid of those POSs. They are absolute trash. I don't like iPads but if gladly take that oversized iPod over the surface.

I'll give you $200 cash for you slightly used iPad 3rd or fourth gen right now. Any takers? cheap *** Microsoft.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

The 64gb version is $799 and the 128gb version is $899. Not as stated above. I traded my iPad for a Surface Pro and will never go back to Apples iPad. I like getting things done with my laptop in the form of a tablet. Gave my wife the ipad as she likes to stream Netflix. I can pretty much do anything I want on the Surface. That's not the case with the iPad.
    I'm sure all the fanboys disagree, but you can keep playing your games and creating fart guns. I do enjoy relaxing on the couch working on Photoshop CS6, AutoCAD 2014 projects or taking notes in the field for work with a true digitizer in MS Office.
    If you had the cash and purchased the Surface Pro, I think you would change your mind. Apples App Store would slowly become irrelevant. Nothing you can do on an iPad that I cant do on the "Crappy Windows Tablet". Oh yea that's right I don't need a camera connection kit to rig in order to add a USB port.
    If I had a iPad to give up I would take Microsoft up on their offer, but I have already gave them up.
    Sorry apple..... Come out with a new device and I may be back, but until then I'm not into buying the same device every year just because it has a new feature.
    Last edited by Striknine; 09-13-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    There is no way in hell I would trade my i pad for a crappy windows tab.
    'Nuff said.