Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Opera Launches Coast, the Company's New Browser Said to Target Devices of the Future

Thanks

Default Opera Launches Coast, the Company's New Browser Said to Target Devices of the Future

Opera Software recently released a new WebKit-based web browser for Apple’s iOS platform dubbed “Coast.” The company calls “Coast” the “browser your iPad deserves.” According to Huib Kleinhout, head of the Coast project, Opera designed the new browser to target “the devices of the future, not the past.”

The browser features a primarily gesture-based user interface with minimal application chrome. There isn’t any title bar and the address and search fields are normally hidden from view (but can be revealed by a downward swipe). A small “home” button that returns the user to a desktop Safari-like grid of the user’s most visited websites and a “most recent” button that displays the user’s recent browsing history seem to be the only persistent interface elements. Navigating backward and forward is down by swiping in the appropriate direction.

Unlike previous efforts that Opera has made, the new browser is built atop Apple’s WebKit. Opera previously announced that they would make the switch to Google’s Blink fork of WebKit for desktop browsers but Apple requires all browsers distributed through the iOS App Store to use the company’s built-in rendering engine.

Coast appears to be the final realization of the company’s “Opera Ice” technical demonstration that was revealed earlier this year. At the time, Opera CEO Lars Boilesen was quoted as saying that Opera needs “to focus on getting strong products out on iOS and Android,” though no word has been given regarding Coast making its way to Google’s platform.

Have any of you tried Coast? If so, what do you think of it?

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

yea, I just installed it and tried it. its crap so its uninstalled.
    The Opera app links with your Desktop Opera so its really good where Coast has nothing like that. Chrome also links to the Desktop version so again thats also better.
    Coast has itself and no settings no nothing its very basic.

I have been using it all morning and I personally think that it is the most innovative iPad browser to date. It has a cool animations with an intuitive and interactive UI. I am really enjoying it so far.

Just started using it. So far I like it, but time will tell.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.