+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flurry: iPad Users More Engaged with Apps Than iPhone Users

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
According to the latest report from Flurry, mobile apps are a lot more engaging on the iPad than the iPhone. “Overall,” Flurry reveals in a blog post published Friday, “iPad
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Flurry: iPad Users More Engaged with Apps Than iPhone Users

According to the latest report from Flurry, mobile apps are a lot more engaging on the iPad than the iPhone.

“Overall,” Flurry reveals in a blog post published Friday, “iPad owners in our sample spent 42% more time in apps on their devices than iPhone owners during May, but that time varied significantly by category.”

When compared to iPad owners, for example, iPhone owners spent more than 13 times us much time using Navigation apps. They also spent more than five times as much time using Health and Fitness apps, Flurry adds, pointing to more iPhone-friendly activities like tracking walks, runs, and bike rides.

Although the iPhone retains some app engagement advantages over the iPad (at least with regard to the nature of some apps), Apple’s tablet remains the biggest driver of total app engagement.

“The app categories for which average time spent on iPad exceeds that for iPhone are Education, Newsstand, Games, and Reference. Again, more home-oriented activities,” Flurry continues, sharing the infographic posted below.

To review the Flurry report in its entirety, click here.

Source: Flurry

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Umm, it isn't a phone.

If you aren't spending time on apps on an iPad, your staring at it do nothing. I would certainly hope people use app's on the iPad more frequently than an iPhone, because if you aren't, what did you buy it for?

Thanks

Exactly!^^ You have to "justify" the purchase by..well you know..using it :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

IDK, I bought my iPad just to have one..I barley use it, mainly on the shitter and to control my Apple TV. Occasionally playing some games on it or using it as remote for my iPhone camera apps..

Thanks

In other news... iOS users purchase more apps from the iTunes App Store than Android users.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (08-17-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    IDK, I bought my iPad just to have one..I barley use it, mainly on the shitter and to control my Apple TV. Occasionally playing some games on it or using it as remote for my iPhone camera apps..
    What do you mean using as a remote for iPhone camera apps? This sounds interesting.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I stopped buying apps for my iPhone when the iPad came out. Most of the apps I have on my iPhone are photograph apps and a few puzzles games and a few card games.

I use my iPad all of the time so yes it has a lot of apps on it. But I also have movies, music and podcasts on it also. Matter of fact I keep running out of space on it. When I buy a app I buy it for my iPad and hardly ever my phone.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Obviously people are going to spend more time staring at a 10" screen opposed to a 4" screen. Much easier on the eyes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i would use an iPad too because it has a bigger screen and 90% more memory and also easier to see