Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Photos of the Alleged "iPad 5" Digitizer Surface

Thanks

Default Leaked Photos of the Alleged "iPad 5" Digitizer Surface

As the end of the iPad refresh cycle draws near, the number of rumors and “leaked parts” continues to rise. The latest “leaked” images claiming to show a black version of the 9.7-inch tablet’s digitizer. The supposed “iPad 5” photos come from an Australian repair company named Macfixit, which posted the part up for sale on its website. The component currently shows a status of being ‘sold out” with the company’s description of the part reading the following:

So it looks like we've got a preview of the replacement screen for the iPad 5 which is not even out yet!
    The purported iPad front panel appears to be identical to a part showcased in a video released previously. Both “leaked” components boast thin side bezels similar to the design of Apple’s current iPad mini. The recently release image also includes a close-up of the part’s flex cables, which look to be shorter compared to the current fourth-generation iPad. Although it’s just mere speculation, the redesign could suggest that Apple has rethought the internal component layout of the tablet in an effort to make the device thinner.

For those of you who didn’t already know, Apple is widely expected to debut a refreshed full-size iPad this upcoming fall. One with a design that is more in line with the iPad mini’s curved edges and sleek profile. Although it is unknown when Apple plans to release the next iPad, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo typically has a good track record when it comes to predicting Apple’s product launches. You can expect the next-gen 9.7-inch iPad to make its debut in the third quarter of 2013.

Source: Macfixit via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet. I already broke mine.

Sweet! I cant wait to pick up my Microsoft Surface!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

::yawn::