+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latest Microsoft Ad Bashes iPad Mini

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Latest Microsoft Ad Bashes iPad Mini

Microsoft has spent the last few months trying their hardest to make their products look superior to Apple's iPad by continually bashing the iPad in a line up of new commercials that put the iPad against a Windows 8 tablet. Microsoft just released another one of these commercials on Wednesday. Time and time again, the commercials use Siri as the main point for humiliating the product by making her say things that make the Apple-branded tablet look bad.

Microsoft has Thursday started to attack another related product of Apple’s… the iPad Mini. In this new commercial, Microsoft puts the iPad Mini up against the Acer Iconia W3; the iPad Mini has an 8.1-inch display, and the Acer Iconia W3 has a 7.9-inch display. You can view the new commercial via the YouTube link below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

The ad brings up a number of Microsoft-only products that the iPad lacks, such as Halo, Outlook, and Microsoft Office. When the iPad isn't able to do any of these things, Siri exclaims, "You are a real P.C.; Let's just go back to reading." At the end, the price comparison shows the 32GB iPad Mini at $429, while the 32GB version of the Windows 8 tablet is $299.

YouTube

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Why use siri voice???

because windows tablet not talking???

Thanks

That's not ******* Halo. It's a crappy top down shooter that MS slapped the Halo name on to try to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
    Why use siri voice???

because windows tablet not talking???
    They use Siri because windows 8 doesn't have a voice recognition/command interface like iOS or Android.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 08-08-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

All I have to say is. How many windows devices did they sell? (Rhetorical question)

Thanks

Now you all know I don't just bash brands for no reason (no fanboy) but I used this acer for a while at work and it's AWFUL!

Thanks

Why bash..make better products. Wasted almost a billion on the Surface to be a flop. Put the $$ in innovation.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They can bash all they want numbers dont lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    All I have to say is. How many windows devices did they sell? (Rhetorical question)
    Point proven. Microsoft has approximately sold 1.5 million Surface tablets since its launch back in October (this includes both Pro and RT Surface. Also I see why Microsoft doesn't want to release the numbers because those numbers are embarrassing). On the other hand, Apple was able to sell that many iPad's in a matter of days. What the problem is with the Surface and Windows 8 is it wants to function like a computer but at the same time it wants to function like a tablet. Basically, Microsoft tried way too hard to make a tablet OS that they had to ruin their desktop OS with it. Also with trying the preview of 8.1, I have to say I really don't think that it's going to help anything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Microsoft, it didn't work for Apple vs you. It won't work for you vs Apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

A real PC? Surface Pro is a real PC. That ad shows the RT, which is no more a real computer than any other ARM tablet (iPad, android, or otherwise). Ads like this will only confuse customers and anger them once they realize the tablet they thought they were buying, the Surface Pro, costs more than twice the price that commercial advertised. Try this Microsoft: show us what your product can do, not what you want us to believe the other guy can't do.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    A real PC? Surface Pro is a real PC. That ad shows the RT, which is no more a real computer than any other ARM tablet (iPad, android, or otherwise). Ads like this will only confuse customers and anger them once they realize the tablet they thought they were buying, the Surface Pro, costs more than twice the price that commercial advertised. Try this Microsoft: show us what your product can do, not what you want us to believe the other guy can't do.
    That acer is not RT, it's proper windows 8!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    That acer is not RT, it's proper windows 8!
    Proper windows 8 and awful... You said it yourself.

Thanks

I didn't say w8 was awful, I said the Acer is! Please read my comment properly

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Proper windows 8 and awful... You said it yourself.
    Last edited by se23; 08-09-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks

I didn't say w8 was awful, I said the Acer is! Please read my comment properly
    And I wasn't saying windows 8 was awful either. I was saying that with proper windows 8 (not dumbed down rt) the tablet was still awful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    And I wasn't saying windows 8 was awful either. I was saying that with proper windows 8 (not dumbed down rt) the tablet was still awful.
    Jim let's not bother yeah! My comment was in reply to politicalslug who wrongly pointed out its os. I cba to get into a pointless keyboard sparring session with you.

Thanks

Jim let's not bother yeah! My comment was in reply to politicalslug who wrongly pointed out its os. I cba to get into a pointless keyboard sparring session with you.
    Oh I'm not trying to argue anything here. Personally I haven't used Win 8. I have no desire to. I am simply trying to agree with you.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 08-10-2013 at 07:42 AM.