Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Highlights iPad's Shortcomings Once Again in New Surface Ad

Thanks

Default Microsoft Highlights iPad's Shortcomings Once Again in New Surface Ad

Microsoft seems to be continuing its anti-iPad ad-campaign releasing a new commercial comparing the Surface RT to the fourth-generation iPad. In this ad, a Surface RT tablet and an iPad are displayed side-by-side, with the price and size differences between the two products both being highlighted. Microsoft also uses the spotlight to summarize some of the iPadís shortcomings that it highlighted in previous ads, including the iPadís lack of an integrated kickstand and keyboard, the absence of dedicated productivity software on the tablet, its poor multitasking capabilities and its failure to offer expandable storage.

Despite its persistent advertising campaign, Microsoft recently revealed that its Surface lineup has earned just $853 million in revenue for the company, which is less than a $900 million write-down the company took for the Surface RT earlier this month. As a result of the tabletís weak sales, Microsoft was forced to drop the price of the Surface RT by $150 in July, pricing its entry level offering it at just $349.99. The company has since dropped the price of the Surface Pro as well, offering it up for $100 off through the end of the month.

Those of you that are interested in watching the ad can do so below:

What do you think of the most recent Microsoft ad?

Source: Microsoft (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

"lack of integrated keyboard" neither have that. That's why they are tablets.

lol... microsoft. kindly let us know why your microsoft surface isn't doing too well? Also. Please update us on the fact that your Winduh's occupies almost 45% of space leaving the user with just half. I think microsoft is wasting their money on such commercials.

Microsoft Estimated to Have Only Sold 1.7 Million Surface Tablets Since Launch
    Last edited by kalpesh78; 08-08-2013 at 12:46 AM.

I have to agree that every apple device lacks tons of features, but thats's what the jailbreak is for.

Thanks

Nice ad but they should have left out the keyboard since it's an optional accessory. But the ad is still better than those cheesy one's.

They should even highlight the sales figures of iPad vs Surface RT

Microsoft really needs to cash in on the "no multi-task" while they can considering iOS 7 is on the horizon. Beta 5 multi is running smooth for me.

Does anyone else feel like Microsoft has little man syndrome? They sell fewer tablets so they need bigger tablets. Next thing you'll start hearing is how many inches on screen they've sold vs. Apple.

I need an iPad mini for the convenience size, an powerful laptop for project/games/life, and a iPhone that is connected to the other 2. The Surface offers nothing I need.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by REMED1AL View Post
    Microsoft really needs to cash in on the "no multi-task" while they can considering iOS 7 is on the horizon. Beta 5 multi is running smooth for me.

Does anyone else feel like Microsoft has little man syndrome? They sell fewer tablets so they need bigger tablets. Next thing you'll start hearing is how many inches on screen they've sold vs. Apple.

I need an iPad mini for the convenience size, an powerful laptop for project/games/life, and a iPhone that is connected to the other 2. The Surface offers nothing I need.
    Agreed, beta 5 is great so far and I can't wait till more apps can use the multitasking. Won't be long before we start seeing App Store app updates that say iOS 7 compatibility.

Thanks

Am I missing something!!!! Can ios7 do proper multi-tasking now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Am I missing something!!!! Can ios7 do proper multi-tasking now?
    Yes, here is the description from the dev portal:

"Keep the content of your app up-to-date by adopting the new multitasking APIs in iOS 7. The new services allow your app to update information and download content in the background without draining the battery unnecessarily. The updates can happen at opportunistic times and are intelligently scheduled according to usage, so your app can update content in the background just when your users need it."

Who bought Surface RT?????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
    I have one in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Yes, here is the description from the dev portal:

"Keep the content of your app up-to-date by adopting the new multitasking APIs in iOS 7. The new services allow your app to update information and download content in the background without draining the battery unnecessarily. The updates can happen at opportunistic times and are intelligently scheduled according to usage, so your app can update content in the background just when your users need it."
    Ahhh ok. I thought you meant visually (2/3 apps at once) rather than background but good to know. Thanks
    Last edited by se23; 08-08-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
    Not too many considering their sales figures and how they have to bash Apple with all these foolish and expensive commercials that prove just what a poor product they produce