+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could These Leaked Photos of iPad Rear Casings Be for the Next-generation iPad?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Could These Leaked Photos of iPad Rear Casings Be for the Next-generation iPad?

If you’re wondering what the next-generation iPad may look like, then these leaked photos via FanaticFone of iPad rear casings may offer some insight.

The casings appear to take a lot of anodized aluminum design cues from the iPad Mini. Right where the display glass sits, the aluminum has the same polished edge as the iPad Mini and iPhone 5. The volume buttons are very slim and long:

The source claims that the display will be closer to the edge of the device than ever in a full-size iPad. Notably, the iPad Mini has a similar design, where the display is closer to the side edges than the edges at the top and bottom of the device; the source notes that the display on this particular casing will be 3mm away from the edge.

At the bottom of the casing, we can see the same dotted speaker grille style that we have at the bottom of the iPad Mini and iPhone 5. The Lightning port can also be found there:

This rear casing appears to be the white version of the next-generation iPad. If Apple chooses to make the iPad look more like the iPad Mini in terms of design, then we will probably also see a black version of this casing style for the next-generation iPad.

The next generation iPad is expected to carry Apple’s next-generation A7X chip, along with other hardware upgrades, as Apple bumps the iPad Mini up to an A6 chip. These refreshes are expected by this Fall.

Sources: FanaticFone via AppleInsider

Thanks

Makes sense to me.

Thanks

Awnser = no

Thanks

Revolutionary!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPad 4th gen and I really only have two complaints, one of which looks to be addressed with this redesign and the other does not. The weight is an issue. With any luck this smaller form-factor will provide some significant reduction thereof comparable to, perhaps, what the iPhone 5 received from the iPhone 4S (~20%). The second complaint is the sound. Despite all the reviews saying the speaker was more than adequate it isn't. In fact, my iPhone 5 is louder. The speaker should be pointed at the user, not at the back and away from the user. I know Apple does this for ascetic reasons but adding stereo front facing speakers would be an awesome upgrade. It would certainly make it easier to share content with other people in medium to loud environments.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

Scheuerle (08-01-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Yeah we know we've seen similar pictures all the time to suggest it looks like an iPad mini casing but for 5th generation

*T*
    Thanks

Look at the logo. Apple would never design something so terribly like that. FAKE.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Look at the logo. Apple would never design something so terribly like that. FAKE.
    I didn't notice that initially, good find. This could be fake just like any other "leak". That Apple logo looks pathetic, even for a testing model, but you never know until it's revealed I guess.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just want stereo front firing speakers, that's all!

3 speakers (one top, two bottom) and depending on the orientation, the device will determine the correct left and right speaker.