Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next iPad Mini May Sport A6 Processor, No Retina Display

Default Next iPad Mini May Sport A6 Processor, No Retina Display

Those that have been holding off for the next generation iPad Mini hoping for a retina display may have to continue holding off. The next generation iPad Mini is likely not to come with one.

On the other hand, the device will reportedly still see improved performance thanks to a faster A6 chip, as 9to5Mac reports. The A6 chip will give the device more speed and efficiency over the earlier A5 chip that can be found inside of the iPad Mini at this time.

The new information comes from a developer that found references in iOS 7, which include a list of supported devices. The reason behind the thought that an A6 chip-sporting non-retina iPad Mini will see the light is because of an unknown device that is listed under the supported devices.

The refresh, if any, will likely happen when Apple introduces the next-generation iPhone this Fall, which is expected to carry a processor faster than the A6 chip; possibly an A7 chip.

Many are hoping that the retina display will come sooner in the iPad Mini because itís simply easier to take around than the larger iPad. To have a retina display would improve the quality of anything that appeared on the display, including images, text, and more.

Are you going to wait for a retina display in the iPad Mini, or would a performance boost be good enough for you?

Sources: 9to5Mac via MacRumors

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-01-2013)

Gotta Have Retina Display.....
    A refresh without it isn't a "refresh"!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Greatbiguns For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-01-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    Gotta Have Retina Display.....
    A refresh without it isn't a "refresh"!

Me too!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

The reason why I also held off was for a Retina version! Can't give us Retina then throw out a new product to the masses in SD was my thoughts!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-01-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

I really want an iOS device now that I've moved on to Android, but a faster CPU isn't going to make me pull the trigger. Retina or i'll keep waiting. (Don't want a big iPad, either)

I've waited this long, I'll wait a little longer. Plus I'll have a new iPhone this fall to keep me busy until then. I'm still rocking the ip4 after all!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I got the mini and love it sure retina be alot better. But I'm not gonna purchase another iPad mini until retina comes out

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-01-2013), Carvensno (07-31-2013)

That is why it's called beta testing code changes all the time
    I'll bet it dose come with one
    Apple no there is people like me waiting on the retina display you will have more power what ever no one will buy a pad with the same processing power
    What an article rubbish

No retina - No buy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to archie26 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-01-2013)

Thanks

Had a mini and sold it a month later. Not a bad device but its not retina..something we've all become accustomed to. I'll wait for retina..hopefully it won't be next September.

I'd buy it if it had Retina. I'm not holding my breath though, I feel it won't have it on this format. Too bad.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

I love my iPad mini, but with this news the new Google nexus 7 is looking good now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing is performance isn't much of an issue with the low resolution of the current iPad mini. For most the change from A5 to A6 would be noticeable as a fraction of a second lag removed here and a an app loading one second earlier there. It doesn't serve much purpose. Give it retina and you'll have to bump the SoC, but either an A5x or an A6x will do fine. Definitely not an A7x since the mini isn't the flagship tablet.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-01-2013)