Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft CEO Admits the Surface is a Flop, Explores Next-Gen Improvements

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

It's not just the Surface that has failed...MS has failed to gain any traction in the mobile ecosystem either...They are following or chasing other competitors instead of leading by example...I once saw MS as a dominant company but lately it's been overwhelmed by other competitors more hungry than what MS is.
    They need a junior Bill Gates to step up & drive the company forward, appears stagnant to me.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    I spoke to soon
    We both have different opinions of a "good device". So how about you look at the facts.

Like an old, greedy, bald Monkey with its hand stuck in a honey gourd tree you attempted the "over priced, gimped, surface RT money grab" while an apple tattooed lion chewed on your back. A wise monkey would have unclenched its fist so that his hand could pass out of the narrow opening and RUN AWAY!

Recognize your place! This is not PC island and you were never king of this tablet jungle to dictate such costly incompatible terms to the public regardless of how snazzy the ad campaign. So, take a page from that Google Bonobo (who is already in the Android catbird seat) and create a compelling, COMPATIBLE (the gift of your large but shrinking PC base) and powerful properly priced product.

Surface RT is in the realm of vultures now as they swoop in from staple island to wally world to pick its dead carcass clean. The lion is also in the tall grass watching your every movement. Don't risk death again you old scared monkey, show some wisdom like your evolved Bonobo neighbors. Just sayin...

Default XP
    Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Everyone knew Windows 8 was going to be a flop. What they need to do is scrap it completely and start again from Windows 7 and just add the features everyone asks for.
    Windows 8 needs to die a quick quiet death as its the worst Windows OS ever.
    I think Windows XP would run great on a microsoft surface.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    We both have different opinions of a "good device". So how about you look at the facts.
    Unless you own them ALL like I do and not played with the device for 5 mins in a shop KEEP WALKING! Most people that UNDERSTAND what the surface is and what it does are happy with it. What you or I think means nothing to what Bob or Jane think as everybody has/wants different things/needs. The only reason it flopped was lack of understanding created by Microsoft's marketing & price! "Microsuck" so childish I roll my eyes every time it see one of these stupid names :/ I had a guy looking for tablets today and said he wants iPads! I asked why? He said cos it's the most popular FFS
    Last edited by se23; 07-28-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Really? I do not own "all" the devices but i don't need to own it to know it's crap! The CEO admitted it. Get over it. Get over yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    Really? I do not own "all" the devices but i don't need to own it to know it's crap! The CEO admitted it. Get over it. Get over yourself.
    Okayyyy xbone 😝

Face it, the whole RT fiasco was Microsoft trying to pull a fast one on the consumer. What I don't get, it why they thought it had a prayer. Seems like they've been reading boards like this one, and choosing to believe the trolls. Oh well.
    Windows 8 was too different, in a marketplace that was already contracting. And, to the person that says MS are selling a lot of of Win 8, yeah, it comes with a new computer like it or not, but look how many of those machines get reverted to Win 7 (ya know, the useable one) as soon as they get home. (Or sooner, some retailers have been seen offering to do it for $50 or so.)
    Ballmer needs to go. He has a reality distortion field to rival Jobs, but it has a much shorter range...

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Everyone knew Windows 8 was going to be a flop. What they need to do is scrap it completely and start again from Windows 7 and just add the features everyone asks for.
    Windows 8 needs to die a quick quiet death as its the worst Windows OS ever.
    I really don't understand all the Win 8 hate out there. It's not like Win XP and Vista was. Vista was a terrible OS. I always looked at it like this:

Since Win95:

Win95 - First release of new type OS
    Win98 - First Good Upgrade
    WinME - Crap
    WinXP - Solid, Stable, Great OS
    WinVista - Complete, utter Crap
    Win7 - Probably the best MS OS yet
    Win8 - Expected to be crap but wasn't in the least.

I really see nothing wrong Win8 other than the front end (Unless you have a touch screen). If you have a touch screen it is actually quite nice really. And it is easily rectified with quite a few mods both free and cost, but that's up to you. I have found that under the hood it is just Win7 with a face lift. And MS has actually listened to the consumer as they are planning to put the win7 style desktop back in SP1.
    "僕はアニメが好きです!!!"
    "一遍死んで見る" ---閻魔あい, 地獄少女

"Humans are greedy, therefore they are human, you do well to remember that."
    "Go ahead and shoot me if you want, but... I think you'll wish you'd saved your ammunition later."

---Armblast, GOTT Auditor and ES Member

10. The Following User Says Thank You to XenoSaber For This Useful Post:

se23 (07-29-2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12