+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latest Microsoft Ad Slams iPad's Lack of Support for USB, Hardware Keyboard, Kickstand

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Latest Microsoft Ad Slams iPad's Lack of Support for USB, Hardware Keyboard, Kickstand

Microsoft has just unleashed their latest ad Friday afternoon for the Microsoft Surface tablet that yet again slams its biggest competitor, the iPad.

Fridayís ad attacks the iPadís lack of a kickstand for holding the device up without a hand, lack of support for USB plug-in peripherals, and the lack of an actual keyboard that can snap into place. Again, Siri is used as the tool for humiliating the device as you will see in the ad below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

At the end of the ad, Microsoft reveals the price differences between the devices; the iPad being $599 for 32GB, and the Microsoft Surface being $349 for 32GB as Siri says, "This isn't going to end wall for me, is it?... Nope; definitely not ending well. Do you still think I'm pretty?"

Sources: YouTube

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, they are really stretching it with the "lack of a keyboard". Um, it's called Bluetooth and keyboards work fine with the iPad. I use the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard case everyday.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (07-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Any uneducated person will easily fall for the surface.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Wow, they are really stretching it with the "lack of a keyboard". Um, it's called Bluetooth and keyboards work fine with the iPad. I use the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard case everyday.
    Bluetooth does NOT work well on iDevices., so BT is not a reliable option--besides, who knows how many keyboards you'd have to buy before you found one that actually works.

I did a little demonstration about this a while back., Bluetooth does NOT work on iDevices - YouTube

also tried all of these devices inside a 2012 Ford Escape and none of them would work. ALL of our Galaxy devices worked just fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Bluetooth does NOT work well on iDevices., so BT is not a reliable option--besides, who knows how many keyboards you'd have to buy before you found one that actually works.

I did a little demonstration about this a while back., Bluetooth does NOT work on iDevices - YouTube

also tried all of these devices inside a 2012 Ford Escape and none of them would work. ALL of our Galaxy devices worked just fine.
    Bluetooth works fine on my iPad. I am typing this right now on a bluetooth keyboard on my iPad 4. My iPhone also works great with my car audio. I have no issues streaming music or using it for phone calls. I know you are only here to troll though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea...I am going to say you are wrong on this one. I have had every iPhone and NEVER had an issue with BT. I have a car with BT and it NEVER has an issue connecting when I get in. I have a BT speaker and it NEVER has an issue connecting when I turn it on. I think you get the point.

Thanks

Oh yea, I've only tried one keyboard with my iPad and it works perfectly. I guess first times a charm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They can't say it's $349 when the keyboard doesn't even come with it. Also, RT advertises 32GB however, with OS and all the apps on there, its down to like 15GB. Not hating on them tho because I've purchased the RT when they were offering free keyboard with it. Plus a 10% college discount knocked out $50 so it was a decent deal. It's doing the job.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yutooman View Post
    They can't say it's $349 when the keyboard doesn't even come with it. Also, RT advertises 32GB however, with OS and all the apps on there, its down to like 15GB. Not hating on them tho because I've purchased the RT when they were offering free keyboard with it. Plus a 10% college discount knocked out $50 so it was a decent deal. It's doing the job.
    The pro keyboard is an addition $150, lol.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 706 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...rface-rt-in-q1

Prolly because there commercials suck and wasting time on commercials

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bluetooth works fine and is no more unreliable than with any other device!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Really? I have had no problems with Bluetooth Keyboards on iPhone or iPad....they also both connect to my 2011 Ford Fiesta with no problems (although they don't currently support text messages over bluetooth, but that is supposed to be fixed in iOS 7)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Really? I have had no problems with Bluetooth Keyboards on iPhone or iPad....they also both connect to my 2011 Ford Fiesta with no problems (although they don't currently support text messages over bluetooth, but that is supposed to be fixed in iOS 7)
    Trolls tend to have a lot more problems then the rest of us... including the inability to get a life.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (07-19-2013), Faresismail (07-20-2013), Silverado1987 (07-19-2013)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 613 Posts

and fan boys and Girls need to take their heads out of the arses of the one's they follow

yes Apple products are good, no denying, but they still have flaws like anything else

iPads and all tablets are a gimmick in my opinion and thats just it, what I feel and believe about something is for me only and the same for other people, sometimes people are called trolls but they're just stating they're opinion. no need to bash them for it, if you don't agree just ignore it and move on life's too short
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

Your video is lame as it only points out that iOS devices don't pair with each other, which has been known forever.
    You didn't even show it failing to pair with an actual accessory. What a nimrod.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's funny that they mention the price of the Surface at 349$ and show off the keyboard. If you want a keyboard for it than you have to spend at least $100 on it. You can buy a keyboard that actually types better and is wireless for much less for the iPad.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirtbmxer For This Useful Post:

Scheuerle (07-19-2013), Silverado1987 (07-19-2013), slim.jim (07-19-2013)

Thanks

An external keyboard is just more crap to worry/carry about. I like my iPad because it has a touch screen keyboard big enough for my fat fingers and I no longer have to carry around a heavy-*** laptop. If I need to type a long document I do it on a desktop or laptop at home, like most sane people.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Just trying to slam Apple cause their sales numbers sucks! You can easily buy a case with a keyboard that has a kickstand for the iPad at a cheaper price than the $100 Microsoft is charging for theirs!

@JOnGarrett- Bluetooth devices work just fine with iDevices...not sure where you're getting your info...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

Simon (07-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry but I didn't realize the iPad was now a mobile computer like the Surface Tablet. Just saying but an iPad isn't made to do what the surface does nor should it. It's a waste of a tablet. I'd rather have a fully working laptop then a tablet that is half junk and half laptop.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,205 Times in 6,654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Just trying to slam Apple cause their sales numbers sucks! You can easily buy a case with a keyboard that has a kickstand for the iPad at a cheaper price than the $100 Microsoft is charging for theirs!

@JOnGarrett- Bluetooth devices work just fine with iDevices...not sure where you're getting your info...

He made a youtube video. That means it must be true.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (07-19-2013)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast